HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Off-Season 2010 Thread (All general speculation/blog rumors/proposals in here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Doug19

vCash: 500
they are depth guys for sure. A 2nd/3rd line winger and a 2nd pairing defender aren't exactly something I'd want to give the pick up for. I'd rather us take a chance on drafting a player rather than giving it up for anything less than our needs which neither of those 2 players fill.

Old
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Would the Coyotes be a possible trade candidate? They hold 13 and 22. Go after Mikael Granlund with the 13th and maybe Tarasenko with the 22nd if he falls that far. To tell you the truth, I don't know about anybody that we could take with the 22nd.

And if this was to happen, would this be straight up? Or would the Coyotes have to sweeten the deal a little, say Stempniak maybe?

Old
06-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
they are depth guys for sure. A 2nd/3rd line winger and a 2nd pairing defender aren't exactly something I'd want to give the pick up for. I'd rather us take a chance on drafting a player rather than giving it up for anything less than our needs which neither of those 2 players fill.
Dougie, I'm sure if Raymond was on the Jackets you'd think he's more than a depth 2nd/3rd liner. He's a pretty good player, young 25 goal scorers don't grow on trees.

But he wouldn't fit here, we've got a logjam. You just gotta give him some credit.

Old
06-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Yeah I wouldn't trade Edler. Specifically because he is the only blueliner we have signed past next season.

What about - and let me finish before you click reply - Mason Raymond and Kevin Bieksa?
If that's the offer for the 4th pick then I don't think it works. We're looking for that top pairing dman if we move the pick. Another Canucks fan offered Bieksa and Raymond for Tyutin and Dorsett. I think you would change Dorsett for Calvert in that scenario. Unfortunately we don't send back enough salary to make that deal. There have also been several discussions of Bieksa for Commodore (add picks or prospects....)

No chance that packaged gets the 4th pick from C-bus! Edler would be the request and I'm sure a quick NO from Vancouver.

Last edited by Xoggz22: 06-12-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old
06-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Doug19

Edler is the only thing the jackets would move #4 for I believe.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:25 AM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Dougie, I'm sure if Raymond was on the Jackets you'd think he's more than a depth 2nd/3rd liner. He's a pretty good player, young 25 goal scorers don't grow on trees.

But he wouldn't fit here, we've got a logjam. You just gotta give him some credit.
he's a 2nd line winger he is not needed here in the least. He'd be a depth guy here. I don't care what or where he played in the lineup for the Canucks, he would become another depth 2nd/3rd line winger for us. I guess my statement didn't really read the way I intended.

Last edited by Doug19: 06-12-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old
06-12-2010, 08:07 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

This is the kind of guy I could see GMSH going after this Summer:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1083
http://www.habsworld.net/Mara.php

He's a UFA, made $1.7 million last season but is coming back from season-ending shoulder surgery.

Last edited by leesmith: 06-12-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old
06-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post

He's a UFA, made $1.7 million last season but is coming back from season-ending shoulder surgery.
I'd rather re-sign Stralman, Mara is a minor upgrade at best over him and is much, much older and more expensive

Old
06-12-2010, 09:54 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
I'd rather re-sign Stralman, Mara is a minor upgrade at best over him and is much, much older and more expensive
Therein lies the conundrum of the CBJ. Too often, the guys we can sign aren't THAT much better than the young guys we already have.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:07 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

No thank you.

Old
06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Roadman
Moving On

I have read CAL is having trouble signing Ian White. Is this an opportunity to make a D 4 D trade? Any interest from our end?

Old
06-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:

CAREER POTENTIAL: Physical depth defenseman.

Old
06-13-2010, 06:57 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

If Howson is going to acquire a minutes-eater for the blueline - and I'm not sure he is, if you stand by his statements of the team having 7 NHL defensemen, ven if he means contract-wise - I would guess it would not be someone like Mara but more someone like Jordan Leopold. Still I can't see him bringing in another d-man unless one is moved, in which case I expect those two things to happen simultaneously.

Old
06-13-2010, 10:02 AM
RDriesenUD

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=786129

Old
06-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Hipster Letestu

Scott Cullen of TSN's off-season game plan for the Blue Jackets. Hits it pretty much on the head:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/?id=320256

Old
06-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Scott Cullen of TSN's off-season game plan for the Blue Jackets. Hits it pretty much on the head:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/?id=320256
Agreed.

Written before Arniel but Arniel might be better with the youth than Dineen...

Best way to describe this I ever read:

Quote:
Russian winger Nikita Filatov didn't play a responsible enough game for Hitchcock, who wasn't willing to live with the 19-year-old's mistakes in order to reap the rewards of his offensive creativity, and Filatov ended up leaving for the KHL when it was clear that he was lodged in the doghouse.

Old
06-14-2010, 03:30 AM
Rimers stache

I want the Jackets to pursue Byfuglien. With he and Dorsett on the same third line with Andrew Murray I could see a ton of gritty goals for them and a take no prisoners attitude. Only problem is, i think his value significantly increased because of the attention he got during the SC Finals (and rightfully so).

Old
06-14-2010, 06:56 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
I want the Jackets to pursue Byfuglien. With he and Dorsett on the same third line with Andrew Murray I could see a ton of gritty goals for them and a take no prisoners attitude. Only problem is, i think his value significantly increased because of the attention he got during the SC Finals (and rightfully so).
Sort of a similar situation to a few seasons ago when everyone here wanted us to try to go after Orpik after his good series against Detroit in the finals.

Old
06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimers stache View Post
If you're going after Byfuglien, my attention would be more of his prowess on the power play. He would immediately become the solution to the problem of no one willing to camp in front of the net on the pp. He's an intimidator. I would put him on the same line as Nash and Vermette. That's a monster first line. He's the player that would make space for Nash.

Old
06-14-2010, 09:18 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Sort of a similar situation to a few seasons ago when everyone here wanted us to try to go after Orpik after his good series against Detroit in the finals.
I've been saying for a while I'd take Byfuglien and/or Versteeg if we could get them, but Orpik was the first thing that came to mind just now. Would Byfuglien be able to keep his play up (I didn't see all that much in the regular season), or is it the whole deal where one monster shift (like Orpik's wrecking ball shift in the SCF with like 5 hits in 10 seconds) instantly increasing value?

Old
06-14-2010, 09:26 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
I've been saying for a while I'd take Byfuglien and/or Versteeg if we could get them, but Orpik was the first thing that came to mind just now. Would Byfuglien be able to keep his play up (I didn't see all that much in the regular season), or is it the whole deal where one monster shift (like Orpik's wrecking ball shift in the SCF with like 5 hits in 10 seconds) instantly increasing value?
The Chicago Daily Herald reports that the Leafs and Jackets are interested in Patrick Sharp. Big Buf's recent play has made him more valuable to the Hawks and we all know they have to do something with the roster. Any thoughts on Sharp? Want him? What would it take and where would you play him?

Old
06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Roadman
Moving On

As much as been written about the CBH cap woes. I just don't see a lot coming our way, that whole inter division thing. There will be some nice pieces available just not sure we are in the best position to grab them.

But I have been wrong before .

Old
06-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Before we go pursuing guys like Byfuglien and Versteeg, we need to improve the blueline first and acquire a top line center second. I'm not sure Howson will be able to do more than the blueline revamp this offseason, however.

Old
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
The Chicago Daily Herald reports that the Leafs and Jackets are interested in Patrick Sharp. Big Buf's recent play has made him more valuable to the Hawks and we all know they have to do something with the roster. Any thoughts on Sharp? Want him? What would it take and where would you play him?
I have always liked Patrick Sharp's game. He is a good two way center/winger that can play all situations. 20-30 goals per year. Not sure what would have to go the other way, and since Sharp's contract isn't that expensive(2 more years at $3.9), I am not sure why the Hawks would trade him. I guess for the Hawks any cap space is golden.

Old
06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Do I want Patrick Sharp on our team? Yes, I do.

But his acquisition wouldn't make our line configurations any easier, and it's also a decent chunk of money that would likely be better spent on defense. Still, I'd love to have him on the squad.

Closed Thread