HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Off-Season 2010 Thread (All general speculation/blog rumors/proposals in here)

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2010, 05:42 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
not to beat a dead horse on this but id still like some more opinions on this proposal

to philly
mike commodore (5.0)
rj umburger (3.75)
nikita filatov (2.2)

to colombus
danny briere (6.5)
braydon coburn (rfa)
choice of forward prospects

Old
04-20-2010, 06:31 AM
puckgoalnet

To ATL:
Rick Nash

To CMH:
Zack Bogosian
Evander Kane
2010 1st (8th overall)

Old
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
not to beat a dead horse on this but id still like some more opinions on this proposal

to philly
mike commodore (5.0)
rj umburger (3.75)
nikita filatov (2.2)

to colombus
danny briere (6.5)
braydon coburn (rfa)
Philadelphia is not getting Umberger back no matter how badly y'all try to rip us off. Give it up already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTravel View Post
To ATL:
Rick Nash

To CMH:
Zack Bogosian
Evander Kane
2010 1st (8th overall)
That's about the circumstances under which I'd trade Nash... but Atlanta would have to be crazy to accept that. They've already tried the "one winger and nobody else" formula and seen how badly it fails; why would they take a second shot at it?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Viqsi: 04-20-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: post concatenation
Old
04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
psycloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That's about the circumstances under which I'd trade Nash... but Atlanta would have to be crazy to accept that. They've already tried the "one winger and nobody else" formula and seen how badly it fails; why would they take a second shot at it?
Perhaps because the new GM wants to make a big splash? I dunno. I think I'd take it, though.

Old
04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycloud View Post
Perhaps because the new GM wants to make a big splash? I dunno. I think I'd take it, though.
If that's Dudley's idea of a "big splash", he's going to be immortalized among names like MacLean and Milbury. He'd be better off entering in the Patrick Marleau sweepstakes; they've got an epic-level metric f***ton of capspace to play with. (12 players committed and just shy of $32m available, per capgeek)

Old
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

According to reports on Spector's blog, the Oil are willing to take whatever they can get for Souray, preferably a defenseman, and may find themselves unable to keep Hemsky, who has indicated that he might like to go somewhere with some of his countrymen. Czechs we have! Plus, we have a Commie to go! Assuming they'd accept the Commodore for Souray bit, what would we have to do to get Hemsky into the deal? Is the money doable? Is Hemsky a piece you'd like to add?

Old
04-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Skraut

wonder if Filatov would like Siberia Edmonton...

Old
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
According to reports on Spector's blog, the Oil are willing to take whatever they can get for Souray, preferably a defenseman, and may find themselves unable to keep Hemsky, who has indicated that he might like to go somewhere with some of his countrymen. Czechs we have! Plus, we have a Commie to go! Assuming they'd accept the Commodore for Souray bit, what would we have to do to get Hemsky into the deal? Is the money doable? Is Hemsky a piece you'd like to add?
Still not thinking Souray is a good fit overall, Would like to see Hemsky here though....

Old
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

IMO, this thread needs more Bonanza...

Ah, there we go. Much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post

to philly
mike commodore (5.0)
rj umburger (3.75)
nikita filatov (2.2)

to colombus
danny briere (6.5)
braydon coburn (rfa)
Since you asked,

Columbus would be much better off moving Commodore for Souray (about the same cash outlay over shorter term) than taking on Briere's albatross of a contract.

Old
04-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
At one point before the deadline I was suggesting Huselius, Commodore, and Filatov for Hemsky and Souray, and the Edmonton fans pooh-poohed it. I wonder just how much of a 180 I'd get if I tried that now...

Old
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Before people get excited about Hemsky, the full comments from the Edmonton Journal were...

Quote:
"Hemsky will be going in two years when he's unrestricted free-agent. Bet on it."

"I say they give Hemmer one more year then they will look around. They would have to trade him to a team that wants to re-sign him and keep him around to get full-value for such a young forward."

* "Hemsky only needs to be traded because he's going to be UFA and I don't believe he'll stay."

* "Players after awhile like to play on a team that wins.
http://communities.canada.com/EDMONT...n-reports.aspx

So, what we have is speculation that what management should do is re-sign him short term and trade him. If he wants traded to a winner and the Oilers are willing to facilitate a trade to a team Hemsky wants to play for, we may well not be on the list if he's really looking to play for a winner. And, if he's only signed for a year, and feels he's underpaid, we could find that he's out of our price range.

Commodore for Souray? Sure, if you can convince them, go for it. Maybe we have to throw in a draft pick or prospect, but if you can find a way to dump Commie's salary for a potentially worthwhile piece, go for it. Souray isn't my first choice, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose.

Old
04-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulvorn View Post
I keep asking myself, if the Sharks signed Malholtra for 700k, why didn't we resign him, put him on the 3rd line, and save ourselves almost 3M dollars spending money on Pahlsson? Pahlsson was touted as being a Malholtra type player coming in that could occasionally score but would be a solid checking line center. So far all I see is that he's slightly better than Malholtra defensively but complete inept at scoring and costs us 5-6 times as much money
Because Manny played his cards wrong and thought his value would be higher in the market. After learning his value wasn't nearly as inflated as he (or his agent ???) thought he took the best offer available (salary and playoff contender). the Jackets had already moved on and signed Pahlson when Manny came to his senses.

Old
04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTravel View Post
To ATL:
Rick Nash

To CMH:
Zack Bogosian
Evander Kane
2010 1st (8th overall)
I would walk Nash to Atlanta on my back, and I'm a big Nash fan.

Old
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Ludicrous Speed

haha I like how it says CMH.

Old
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

I like Evander Kane - if for no other reason than this:

But, I would have to think that Atlanta would want no part of this deal.

Old
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
haha I like how it says CMH.
and posted by somebody named iTravel...

Old
04-20-2010, 03:49 PM
blahblah

Briere? Seriously?

Uhh. No.

Old
04-21-2010, 01:44 AM
punk_o_holic

I suggested this on the Oilers board and 2 of the fans who responded to my offer said no. Would you guys do it? Flame away

4th overall pick
Umberger
for
Hemsky
Petry

* Imo, Hemsky is better then Umberger but I wonder if Umberger would be the better player to have come playoff time.

*Yes, with the 4th pick, the Blue Jackets can draft Fowler/Gormley/Gudbranson but Petry himself is a great up and coming defensemen.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jeff_petry

*with the rumour of Hemsky thinking he is under paid and wanting to go to a contender, re signing him would be a issue and might be easier to re sign Umberger when his contract is up. Both have contracts ending in the same year.

Last edited by punk_o_holic: 04-21-2010 at 02:00 AM.
Old
04-21-2010, 07:53 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
I suggested this on the Oilers board and 2 of the fans who responded to my offer said no. Would you guys do it? Flame away

4th overall pick
Umberger
for
Hemsky
Petry

* Imo, Hemsky is better then Umberger but I wonder if Umberger would be the better player to have come playoff time.

*Yes, with the 4th pick, the Blue Jackets can draft Fowler/Gormley/Gudbranson but Petry himself is a great up and coming defensemen.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jeff_petry

*with the rumour of Hemsky thinking he is under paid and wanting to go to a contender, re signing him would be a issue and might be easier to re sign Umberger when his contract is up. Both have contracts ending in the same year.
Seems like a wash trade. Umberger was our best forward in the playoff series last season, but I don't think Edmonton would do the deal basing it on Umby as a playoff performer, as they probably won't sniff them next season either. They lose a defensive prospect they have already starting grooming too.

The Bluejackets lose a top sixer for a top sixer who's been healthy and productive for a Winger for one who was, despite being productive when healthy, out most of the season with Surgery, if Hemsky returns to form, its basically a wash trade. I honestly believe that they could ill afford to Umberger, unless a package comes along that overwhelms them.

When they traded Brule for Torres, they gambled more on Torres getting healthy then on losing Brule and whatever his ceiling is....

Old
04-21-2010, 08:20 AM
blahblah

Hemsky is all the Oil has, let's let them keep him shall we. That's code for, I don't really want him. Just in case you missed it.

Old
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Ar-too

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Quote:
Isn't that what we're doing?

Old
04-21-2010, 09:19 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
Good Point. I don't think its intentional though....

Old
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
I think Vermette, Voracek, and Russell would most vociferously disagree with you, sir.

(then again, Atlanta also has Antropov, Little, and Enstrom...)

Old
04-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Skraut

Quote:
(then again, Atlanta also has Antropov, Little, and Enstrom...)
ATLANTA HAS PEVERLEY They don't need anybody else.

Old
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

I would only make that trade with Edmonton if Hemsky were guaranteed to stay in CMH (just for you, Ludicrous). Otherwise, I think we lose heavy on that deal.

Closed Thread