HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Please have consideration for Theo nxt week

Old
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gintonic View Post
I realize it's a game, but apparently there have been fans in the past that have taken it a bit too far. He has said this himself, and commented earlier this year that he didn't necessarily think he was treated fairly by fans in Montreal, but understands that that's just the way they are there.
I think that he was probably talking about fans not respecting his privacy and putting too great of expectations on him.

Theo is a professional hockey player. Getting booed by away fans is part of his business. In fact, if the opposing fans go out of their way to boo you, it's actually a sign that you're an important player to you team, so it's actually a compliment in a way. He can handle a little friendly taunting.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:31 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
I've heard a lot of talk about the crowd in Montreal letting Theodore hear it next week when the Caps play games 3 and 4, and possibly 6. Please reconsider. This guy has had a lot of personal strife to deal with in the last year. He lost a child and really struggled, as anyone would, with that. He's done some good things in response to that, he started a charitable organization for kids and has worked hard with that. He doesn't need to hear childish chants and comments coming from the stands up there. Just let the teams play and enjoy good hockey.
Yeah this is going to end well, i am almost certain....

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Only if you guys dont throw beer bottles at our players on the ice..okay?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Serious HABit

lol yeah right I'm not gonna boo the hell out of the-open-door

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:37 PM
alexstream

Quote:
I've heard a lot of talk about the crowd in Montreal letting Theodore hear it next week when the Caps play games 3 and 4, and possibly 6. Please reconsider. This guy has had a lot of personal strife to deal with in the last year. He lost a child and really struggled, as anyone would, with that. He's done some good things in response to that, he started a charitable organization for kids and has worked hard with that. He doesn't need to hear childish chants and comments coming from the stands up there. Just let the teams play and enjoy good hockey.
I'm sorry for the "person" he is, he's a good guy and all... but as the Ennemy, I'm gonna boo him so hard and will only stop if / when he starts crying.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:38 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

miller gets it every regular game. no way something like that will happen. and you cant control habs fans through HF -.-

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

lol. nah.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Habs Man

Quote:
Theo??? Is that you????

It's the playoffs...

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:48 PM
number 11

theo will be taunted
ovechkin will be booed

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
I'm not going to have any consideration for someone who goes around with Paris Hilton while his wife is at home. I'm actually going to the game and I'm going to boo and yell as loud as I can to throw him off his game.

Winning is the only thing that matters in the NHL playoffs. I don't care if we play dirty, or give cheap shots to the opposition, I only care about winning in the playoffs.

Last edited by macavoy: 04-12-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: [x] in before he doesn't even play
macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Lol.

We are Habs fan brah, we will taunt him AND burn his car.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:52 PM
HF-Addict

Anyone remembers that Theo song?

Anyone remember the lyrics made on Théodore based off the song ''The Bohemian Rhapsody by Queens'' in his last year with the Habs I think.

I think it was Blind Guardian's art work.

I still remember some (very small) parts:

Propeeeeeecia
Propeeeeeecia
So you think you can boo me and spit in my face?
woooo hoooooo

And this thread made me laugh, good job Punk: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=762594

Last edited by HF-Addict: 04-12-2010 at 01:59 PM.
HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 01:59 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

"Come on guys don't throw theo off his game... please?

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:04 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
are you serious?

ya he had problems, at the game, fans will boo him and scream out his name out of taunt, whats wrong with that? this is a freakin sport not a chest match!

might as well put up a silence ad at the bell center like in golf when the players are on the ice...

this must be a joke that i dont get or something...

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Yes, let's make it easy on our opponents...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
I guess the OP doesn't realize that we boo 3 Star Performances by our own goalies who have stats almost equal to Roberto Luongo this year.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Montreal will be a jungle next week. Caps players should walk with masks in the street

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
THIS IS ......................MONTREALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Avant-Gardien

Boo Theo in reference to his personal life? Out of bounds.
Boo Theo based on his play on the ice? Hell yes.

Avant-Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I guess the OP doesn't realize that we boo 3 Star Performances by our own goalies who have stats almost equal to Roberto Luongo this year.
So true.

Also...

PRO - PAY - CIA
PRO - PAY - CIA

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
QcnARF

So, what you're saying is that booing him could be super effective? Let the booing begin.
Montreal uses boos, it's super effective!

QcnARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:15 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant-Gardien View Post
Boo Theo in reference to his personal life? Out of bounds.
Boo Theo based on his play on the ice? Hell yes.
Anyone remember that uber heckler in Ottawa harrassing Brodeur after the scandal with his wife's sister ? He sat directly behind Brodeur and yelled all game for all the games in the series.

Quote:
Melanie Brodeur filed for divorce in 2003 after it was revealed that he was having an affair with his sister-in-law Genevieve Nault.[39] The incident added some fuel to the fire for hecklers during the playoffs. In a 2003 second round playoff matchup against the Tampa Bay Lightning, a notable sign held up read "Tickets to a Stanley Cup playoff game: $95. Alimony demanded from your wife: $9 million. Sex with your sister-in-law: Priceless" in the context of the MasterCard hockey commercials.[40]
Pretty much anything but the death of his child is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by E = CH²: 04-12-2010 at 02:25 PM.
E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
This has nothing to do with his personal life. He's the opposing goalie in Montreal in mid-April and we go to war here.

Sorry but your buddy's going to be hearing it loud and clear, and rightfully so.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:20 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

No Way Jose

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2010, 02:22 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zednified View Post
If Theo wasn't a Simple Plan fan maybe the fans wouldn't boo him.
Maybe we should use last year's goal song again. Theo would be really happy to hear it a lot, and so would we.

And to the OP, as much as I feel for Theo and the ****** year he just went through, this is not the time for compassion. I hope the Bell Center crowd boos and chants his name as hard as they can and you should expect nothing less. It's not a question of not being classy or being *******s, it's just the way it is here. So please don't hate us because we try to mess with your goaltender's head a little bit. You guys should probably try to do it as well, it's entertaining and it works sometimes.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote