HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Draft Lottery Results - Rangers Pick 10th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
  #126
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
Here's to hoping El Nino is there at #10
Heres to hoping our scouts watched more hockey than just the wjc unlike HF posters who ate up 3 games worth of good performance.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:11 PM
  #127
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Well, there probly wont be any guys ready to go in the NHL next season.

I wonder what the cap hit of the entry contract for a 10th overall pick is. I know Tavares adds about 2.75 mil and Del Zotto only .2 mil, probly somewhere in between there.

Rangers dont usually try to rush our kids pro, at least not since Blackburn.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
  #128
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,287
vCash: 500
Almost all the teams picking ahead of the Rangers are ridiculously thin on defense depth. Edmonton and Boston are obviously picking forwards, but Tampa, the Isles, Florida, TB and Columbus all need help on D.

I can easily see Forbort, Gudbranson, Fowler and Gormley being picked before we get to 10.

Take away the obvious Hall and Seguin choices, that means the Rangers will be able to pick at worst the 5th best rated forward in the entire draft class!!!

I think Connolly and Nino are gone before us. That means Burmistrov or Johansen will be ours.

Not making the playoffs is definitely worth the chance to draft either one of Nino, Burmistrov or Johansen.

How about Brock Beukeboom at 40?

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
  #129
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Taylor Hall looks like one of the elves from the Lord of the Rings.
I have to look into who's going to who is going to be available at #10. Because right now, I'd be just as eager to see what they could get from trading down a few spots as I would to see what we'd have to give up to move up a few spots. I don't think we have or would want to move the amount of assets to get #1 or 2, and I don't think they're available if we did. So now what do we do?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
  #130
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
So, just to be clear, this means that Edmonton "won" the lottery, right? Their pingpong ball came up so... the first round slots are allocated exactly as the standings say they should be? No one moved at all?

Yawn. The NBA lottery is so much more interesting.
The NBA lottery is stupid and unfair. Giving every team that misses the playoffs a chance at the top three picks is absolutely ludicrous. It keeps teams that need the most help from getting it on a consistent basis.

Watching somebody step on a rake and get smacked in the face is entertaining too, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. The lottery shouldn't exist to be "entertainment" it should exist to make sure nobody's front office can purposely tear their team apart to get the next Mario Lemieux (which is how Pittsburgh got him).

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
  #131
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Heres to hoping our scouts watched more hockey than just the wjc unlike HF posters who ate up 3 games worth of good performance.
Well, the Al Montoya selection doesn't leave me feeling to good about that.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:19 PM
  #132
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,405
vCash: 500
so they have tons of D prospects so I imagine they automatically are going to grab a forward with their first pick

do you think Rozy can bring a 2nd in or would that be too high given the salary?

Was Stepan the 2nd round compensatory pick they got for Cherapanov's passing?............that kid would of looked nice this year

how far along are guys like McD , Kreider , Stepan and are they all eligible to go to the minors next yr?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:19 PM
  #133
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAyten View Post
This team is such a mess, our offense cant score, and our defense cant defend (outside Staal and Girardi). Id trade a year of development of MDZ for a center who can help our offense in a heartbeat. I don't think people understand that having an offensive defenseman is a secondary position, it should in no way be a priority over a solid scoring center. First and foremost forwards score, and defenseman defend. When you have that then you can compliment your team with the Green's and Datsyuk's of hockey.

And this sir is why your comment has absolutely no relevence. Your knowledge on hockey talent is as clueless as Sather's free agent signings.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
  #134
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
I think people here will be as happy with the #10 pick (whatever it happens to be) as much as if had the #5 pick. I think after like the first 4 players the rest up to pick 10 (projected) and even a little bit on are all on the same playing field... give and take a little.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
  #135
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so they have tons of D prospects so I imagine they automatically are going to grab a forward with their first pick

do you think Rozy can bring a 2nd in or would that be too high given the salary?

Was Stepan the 2nd round compensatory pick they got for Cherapanov's passing?............that kid would of looked nice this year

how far along are guys like McD , Kreider , Stepan and are they all eligible to go to the minors next yr?


Werek was the compensation pick.

Rozy isnt goint to be dealt IMO, and if he is we'll probly be taking another vet dman back.

McD may go pro, he may not. Stepan and Kreider will not, we are pretty certain.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:28 PM
  #136
NYRfan11
Registered User
 
NYRfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
This might be totally crazy but what do you guys think of

Callahan
Girardi
10th pick

for

Bobby Ryan
16th overall pick (Flyers pick via Ana)

NYRfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:30 PM
  #137
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan11 View Post
This might be totally crazy but what do you guys think of

Callahan
Girardi
10th pick

for

Bobby Ryan
16th overall pick (Flyers pick via Ana)
I love it, personally. But Ryan is due for a raise, I dont think the Ducks would take it and Cally is such a fan favorite I dont think Slats wants to deal him.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
  #138
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,420
vCash: 500
If McD doesn't go pro I will be very upset. Most prospects that perform at the NCAA level move on unless they have major conditioning or size issues. Hagelin is small, but he dominated the NCAA and his speed and more then enough to hold his own in the AHL. Hell, even Jordan Schroeder went to the AHL after a subpar NCAA season. I really don't think Stepan needs more NCAA time, considering he was 2nd in the NCAA in scoring....McDonagh going back to Wisconsin for his Senior year would be a major mistake, its not like he needs to get bigger, the guy would already be considered a huge NHL defenseman.

Funny story about Hagelin, I have a friend at school here who is a huge Rangers fan. He was telling me about the Michigan-Miami game since I wasn't able to watch. He was raving about Hagelin, saying he was by far the best player on the ice. When he asked me who owned his rights, and I said the Rangers, he was ecstatic haha.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
  #139
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
What on earth would make the Ducks want to trade Bobby Ryan? They missed the playoffs, they may be rebuilding. So let's ship out our 23 year old goal scorer? Junior high kids playing NHL2K10 are not actually running NHL teams. Think about if the roles were reversed of why you would trade that guy, and how much of an overpayment it would take. Would you take a similar package for Henrik? Because your idea is that crazy.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
  #140
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Almost all the teams picking ahead of the Rangers are ridiculously thin on defense depth. Edmonton and Boston are obviously picking forwards, but Tampa, the Isles, Florida, TB and Columbus all need help on D.

I can easily see Forbort, Gudbranson, Fowler and Gormley being picked before we get to 10.

Take away the obvious Hall and Seguin choices, that means the Rangers will be able to pick at worst the 5th best rated forward in the entire draft class!!!

I think Connolly and Nino are gone before us. That means Burmistrov or Johansen will be ours.

Not making the playoffs is definitely worth the chance to draft either one of Nino, Burmistrov or Johansen.

How about Brock Beukeboom at 40?
I think you've got it right. I think Johansen will be there, and he'll be the choice. And, I'll take of one the physical D-man that falls into the 2nd round, Beukeboom being one of them. I wouldn't shocked if Gilroy is used to move up.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
  #141
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I think you've got it right. I think Johansen will be there, and he'll be the choice. And, I'll take of one the physical D-man that falls into the 2nd round, Beukeboom being one of them. I wouldn't shocked if Gilroy is used to move up.
I thought Beuk wasnt overly physical.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:42 PM
  #142
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I think you've got it right. I think Johansen will be there, and he'll be the choice. And, I'll take of one the physical D-man that falls into the 2nd round, Beukeboom being one of them. I wouldn't shocked if Gilroy is used to move up.
The stuff I've heard about Brock Beukeboom says he doens't play anything at all like old #23. I thought he was an offensive guy?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
  #143
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I love it, personally. But Ryan is due for a raise, I dont think the Ducks would take it and Cally is such a fan favorite I dont think Slats wants to deal him.
As much as I love Callahan, I really don't think he, Girardi and moving up 6 spots in the draft will pry him from the Ducks. If this was 2008, then I say there would be a good chance...then again, 2 years ago people were already saying Bobby Ryan was a bust with poor skating skills, and there were rumors (whether they were legit or not) that ANA front office was putting his name out there to other teams.
He just turned 23 and had 35 goals last year...I just don't see Anaheim trading him now. Girardi is a #5 defender, who while serviceable, isn't the kind of player that nets you a kid who is looking like he will be a superstar.
Callahan is awesome and we love him, but he is not talented enough to be the centerpiece of the deal either. I really don't know if we'd be able to get him without trading Staal...

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:47 PM
  #144
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
The Ducks hang up the phone if you ask about Bobby Ryan. Enough already. And if they take the call, which they wouldn't, and the player they want is Callahan, you pull the trigger. Twice. Please.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
  #145
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I think you've got it right. I think Johansen will be there, and he'll be the choice. And, I'll take of one the physical D-man that falls into the 2nd round, Beukeboom being one of them. I wouldn't shocked if Gilroy is used to move up.
I am really not ready to give up on Gilroy after a disappointing rookie season, his first at the professional level...if it happens again next year then fine, not yet though.

Also, B.B. isn't like his dad in terms of physicality.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
  #146
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
I thought Beuk wasnt overly physical.

He's just not his father. He was hitting everyone in sight in the CHL prospects game.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:50 PM
  #147
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
What on earth would make the Ducks want to trade Bobby Ryan? They missed the playoffs, they may be rebuilding. So let's ship out our 23 year old goal scorer? Junior high kids playing NHL2K10 are not actually running NHL teams. Think about if the roles were reversed of why you would trade that guy, and how much of an overpayment it would take. Would you take a similar package for Henrik? Because your idea is that crazy.
Wow, talk about overvaluing a player. Yes he'll score goals, but no one knows if he'll ever be more than a 65-70 point player. Perry and Getzlaf are both better than him, and since Ryan will get paid soon (and probably a lot), he won't be that great a value anymore.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
  #148
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I am really not ready to give up on Gilroy after a disappointing rookie season, his first at the professional level...if it happens again next year then fine, not yet though.

Also, B.B. isn't like his dad in terms of physicality.
Better a year too early that a year too late. Bring up Sanguinetti and save $995,000 in cap space.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
  #149
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Ok....so we have the 10th pick, what will the Rangers do, will we keep that pick, or put it in a package for a trade to get rid of Redden or to trade for a Brad Richards?

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:57 PM
  #150
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Hearing the garden's reaction if Brock Beukeboom became a ranger would be epic.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.