HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quintal comments on morning show 98.5 FM

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quintal comments on morning show 98.5 FM

'' I don't want to play here as a 7th defenceman if it's their desire, I'm a free agent this year, I'll find another place to play regularly''

..'' Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, Sheldon played his best hockey with me, so I know I have a lot of hockey left at least for another year''.

Bye Bye Stéphane, he's doing the same mistake he did when he went playing for the Rangers, he thinks he's better than he is, as much a I like the guy, he deserves to go.... Sheldon's success this year is because of him guys, don't forget

Old
05-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
he's done

There is no way we are gonna put Komisarek as a #7 once again. He is truly ready not only to play in the Nhl but take over as a top 4 defenseman.

Also, let's not forget that Hainsey and Beauchemin are gunning for jobs in the big club.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Bye, bye Q-ball.

You were great all season in term of attitude and team play, but the last few weeks you have been selfish. Hey you lost your spot based on performance, get over it.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:48 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

What he said is OK and might be able to play on regular basis with another team, good luck to him!

Old
05-03-2004, 04:49 PM
NewHabsEra*

This is a proud veteran, his reaction was to expect... But I don'T think he would get any offer, time to retire Steph..

Old
05-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Traitor8

No he will get an offer from teams like Florida..Atlanta...sort of like Lyle Odelein last year..

Old
05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Bye, bye Q-ball.

You were great all season in term of attitude and team play, but the last few weeks you have been selfish. Hey you lost your spot based on performance, get over it.
If I recall correctly, he lost his place because of an injury. It was not based on poor performance.

That being said, if he does not want to be 7th D, I say Bye Bye.

It would have been good if we would have been warm to the idea. He would have represented good depth but now he is on record saying he does not want to play that role.

Good luck Q ball. I doubt you will be able to get a one year $500,000 deal.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughstuff
If I recall correctly, he lost his place because of an injury. It was not based on poor performance.

That being said, if he does not want to be 7th D, I say Bye Bye.

It would have been good if we would have been warm to the idea. He would have represented good depth but now he is on record saying he does not want to play that role.

Good luck Q ball. I doubt you will be able to get a one year $500,000 deal.
I know that, but when he wasent put back in he complained from what i recall. Komo took his spot, based on performance, and kept it, even after Q was ready too go. Thats what i meant.

Old
05-03-2004, 04:57 PM
BLONG7

As the season wore on, Q was looking more and more slow... it was he that was beaten quite a bit down low in his own end. Time to say goodbye, he sounds very unhappy with CJ not using him at the end of the Tampa series. The only place he seemed to have any success in the last couple of years was in Montreal... has he forgotten this? Bye Bye SQ!!!

Old
05-03-2004, 05:07 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I know that, but when he wasent put back in he complained from what i recall. Komo took his spot, based on performance, and kept it, even after Q was ready too go. Thats what i meant.
Ya I recall him complaining about not dressing for the last GAME. That was very weird wasn't it. He never came accross has being anything less than a team player.

That surprised me a lot.

Old
05-03-2004, 05:20 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Probably the worst player on the team. Unfortunately for the guy, he's going to go out on a sad note because there can't possibly be a team interested in what he can offer nowadays.

Old
05-03-2004, 05:28 PM
IamCanadians

disagree i think he is the slowest guys on the team but not the worst.Juneau was the worst for me.
Im disapointed he refuse to be No7 d-men.On a NHL season a 7th D-men can play 50 to 60 games due to injurie,Thats probably the best he have left in him,and he would have been able to finish career in MTL.Now he will battle to finish is career in a city like Nashville or Columbus as a No6 C'mon Q-ball its sad.

Old
05-03-2004, 05:31 PM
felixd

As much as I like Quintal, he has become a shadow of the player he was during his first stay with the habs. Time to retire. Thanks alot Stephane.

Old
05-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Vlad The Impaler

You could all be very surprised. Quintal can still play in the NHL on a regular basis (top 6).

Veterans like him who have accomplished enough in this league are not often interested in being 7th defensemen. To suggest this is selfish clearly shows a lack of perspective.

7th D is an ideal role for guys who have struggled most of their career. It is a great way to earn a living. Guys like Quintal do not need the money. You will not find many players who have been regulars in the NHL for a long time gladly accept to be backup solutions.

It's just not worth it. There's nothing selfish about it. The only way Quintal might accept a 7th spot is on a contender, I think.

Quintal will likely be a very very late signing with some team next year, possibly during the season, such as Cliff Ronning. These guys are servicable veterans and can often find a role. There could be injuries, there could be a lot of things. Stephane Quintal has always been a borderline talent. He does a lot of things but he doesn't excel at anything. I think he can still play in this league if he wants it badly.

Old
05-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
You could all be very surprised. Quintal can still play in the NHL on a regular basis (top 6).

Veterans like him who have accomplished enough in this league are not often interested in being 7th defensemen. To suggest this is selfish clearly shows a lack of perspective.

7th D is an ideal role for guys who have struggled most of their career. It is a great way to earn a living. Guys like Quintal do not need the money. You will not find many players who have been regulars in the NHL for a long time gladly accept to be backup solutions.

It's just not worth it. There's nothing selfish about it. The only way Quintal might accept a 7th spot is on a contender, I think.

Quintal will likely be a very very late signing with some team next year, possibly during the season, such as Cliff Ronning. These guys are servicable veterans and can often find a role. There could be injuries, there could be a lot of things. Stephane Quintal has always been a borderline talent. He does a lot of things but he doesn't excel at anything. I think he can still play in this league if he wants it badly.
I'm not sure how many times you saw Quintal play this year, but as someone who saw him play over 70 times, I can tell you that he seemed to get progressively crappier throughout each game. It was like we were watching the guy's career literally wind down to a close.

He's a good guy, but him taking any credit whatsoever for Souray's first-half performance, even indirectly, probably qualifies for bonehead comment of the year.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:02 PM
tinyzombies

I think he was used very poorly as well. Having him on the PK is just ludicrous. It's like asking a sloth to juggle.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Habs

Quintal's incredible speed, transitional game, scoring touch and ability to read the rush will be impossible to replace. I'd imagine our Power Play, and PK, will suffer greatly. No defence could be expected to handle, or survive, a loss of this magnitude, nor should they.

Few times in history has a team overcame such a loss. It reminds me of 99's departure from Edmonton, perhaps more so of Bobby Orr hanging up his skates.

I'll assume the Hockey Hall of Fame will make immediate plans for his introduction and the Montreal Canadiens to retire his number next season.

His impersonation of the 'Human Zamboni' will be missed.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
'' I don't want to play here as a 7th defenceman if it's their desire, I'm a free agent this year, I'll find another place to play regularly''

..'' Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, Sheldon played his best hockey with me, so I know I have a lot of hockey left at least for another year''.

Bye Bye Stéphane, he's doing the same mistake he did when he went playing for the Rangers, he thinks he's better than he is, as much a I like the guy, he deserves to go.... Sheldon's success this year is because of him guys, don't forget
That's what i was waiting to here...bye bye Quintal, great knowing you!

For a second there i thought he might be ok as a #7, but this is a guy that takes too much space in the dressing room to accept that kind of a role. It's clear now that Komisarek has to be penciled into the top 6. While i'm not all the keen on having Bouillon stay in the top 6, i would like to see Hainsey be given every opportunity to win that spot.

Anyway, baring any deals or UFA signings, i'd go with this...

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Komisarek
Bouillon/Hainsey-Brisebois

Old
05-03-2004, 06:20 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
That's what i was waiting to here...bye bye Quintal, great knowing you!

For a second there i thought he might be ok as a #7, but this is a guy that takes too much space in the dressing room to accept that kind of a role. It's clear now that Komisarek has to be penciled into the top 6. While i'm not all the keen on having Bouillon stay in the top 6, i would like to see Hainsey be given every opportunity to win that spot.

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Komisarek
Looks l ike that's the best we can hope for. Would be nice to get rid of either Brisebois or Rivet and pick up a guy who doesn't turn over the puck and plays solid D as well.

Old
05-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Traitor8

Rivet played great in playoffs and Brisebois did great during the season

Old
05-03-2004, 06:58 PM
toughstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy

Markov-Rivet
Souray-Komisarek
Third pairing will be

Bouillon-Brisebois

Hainsey will be the 7th D. He will step when injuries happen or if somebody falters.

Bouillon has earned is spot in the top 6.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Natural Habs Fan

I'm happy to see him go. He'd get exposed in the West but I'm sure he can find a spot on one of the lower seeded East teams like Washington or Pittsburgh.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
He would a huge improvement over any of Leafs D-Man except McCabe and Leetch....

:lol Sorry I just realize that the Leafs are in trouble if that's true.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Zednik

We don't need Quintal anymore in Montreal. I appreciated him though, he was a great leader but his last season was mediocre IMO.

Old
05-03-2004, 07:25 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
bye bye Q-ball...... Glad to see our blueline without him....he is too slow and old

Closed Thread