HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle’s bags packed (And interesting info on Kessel)

Old
04-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Mogwai

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s h a n Y e View Post
We're not trading Kabs for a 2nd, he'll stay.
TBH, I'd rather get a 2nd for him than have him on the ice next year, but if more than 1 team is interested in his services, he will fetch more than that.

Addition through subtraction - the guy doesn't fit in anymore.

Mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
TBH, I'd rather get a 2nd for him than have him on the ice next year.
no offense, but that`s one of the dumber things i`ve read recently.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:51 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs4Eva View Post
With the draft being so deep this year even with the 20th or 25th pick we could pick up someone nice I would think. Like Jeff Skinner will go anywhere from 10th-30th and if we could grab him I'd be estatic
Would you trade Kadri for a Pick that would allow you to take Skinner???

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:54 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Let me guess, you would.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:56 PM
sgupca

Quote:
how do you respond to this?

come on

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:59 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Why he is there is because of his game.

A coach can tell a 65 year old woman on the street corner something, but that doesn't mean she can do it.

Kaberle doesn't play NHL hockey because a coach tells him how to play the game he plays NHL hockey because he's a talented hockey player who can play NHL calibre hockey. That's the same with almost every hockey player, otherwise when you fired a coach the players wouldn't know what to do.
This isn't shinny ULF. Players have a role within a system, which is what he is there to do. When he concerns himself with what another player is doing, he gets lost and out of position. Do your job, and have faith that the guy you are playing with will do his job.

If Schenn gets beat to the outside, stay with your man, and eliminate him, and let the goalie stop the one on one. If you leave your man, you probably won't get Schenn's man, and now they have a number of options, with Kaberle's man having a wide open net.

I read it as Kaberle needs to keep it simple, play your position and transition the puck, which is what you are good at. he's not there to freelance.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:59 PM
LC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Depends on if you think Skinner can get us a 10 - 30 pick in the 2011 draft.

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
TBH, I'd rather get a 2nd for him than have him on the ice next year
Good grief.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
Hmm, let me think...

NO.

Volcanologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Un33q

Quote:
TBH, I'd rather get a 2nd for him than have him on the ice next year, but if more than 1 team is interested in his services, he will fetch more than that.

absolutely ridiculous

Un33q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:

brutal.

kaberle should net toronto a top 6 forward capable of playing right now, a mid pick and a decent prospect depending on how high the pick is.

any less then that we keep him, until next years trade deadline that is....

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:15 PM
josephdb11

Here is a video on a leafs song parody with a good line about kaberle

josephdb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Mojo19
GOlf LEAFS GOlf!

What will we have to talk about once Kaberle finally gets traded?

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
What will we have to talk about once Kaberle finally gets traded?
Phil Kessel.

That'll never end.

Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Meganuck*

Quote:
“The plus-minus stat is like a lamp post to a drunk,” Burke opined, “supportive but not really illuminating.
Another great Burkeism, I love it.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 05:47 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Not exactly true.

It is quite possible to get a young player who is capable of scoring 65-70 points for Kaberle.

It is unlikely to get a young player (under 24) who has established his ability to consistently score 65-70 points a year.

It is about risk.

Is there a young player who hasn't established himself that you believe is on the cusp? There is risk that he'll never take that next step, and really Stajan had 57 points this year, so 65-70 points isn't like you are landing a Stamkos.

Also, a 1st. round pick is anywhere from 1st. to 30th. The value in a 1st. round pick varies a great degree.

i agree with this also. netting a young guy like a jeff carter before breaking out would be ideal and more realistic.

there was a strong rumor of a toronto/carolina deal in the near past and i feel we might be able to still squeeze brandon sutter out from them. i know he is a fan favourite in carolina as their #2 center but i think burke might be able to offer something sweet enough to make carolina bite.

brandon sutter is 6'3, 183lbs and is only 21 years old. he scored 21 goals and has 19 assists this season. there is always the chance he does not make out to be a 65-70 point center but i am willing to gamble he does make out.

i am not going to make a proposal but sutter would be the main piece coming back our way. anyone who cares to offer what it would take to get him here please go ahead, i'm all ears....

Old
04-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Psydeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
i agree with this also. netting a young guy like a jeff carter before breaking out would be ideal and more realistic.

there was a strong rumor of a toronto/carolina deal in the near past and i feel we might be able to still squeeze brandon sutter out from them. i know he is a fan favourite in carolina as their #2 center but i think burke might be able to offer something sweet enough to make carolina bite.

brandon sutter is 6'3, 183lbs and is only 21 years old. he scored 21 goals and has 19 assists this season. there is always the chance he does not make out to be a 65-70 point center but i am willing to gamble he does make out.

i am not going to make a proposal but sutter would be the main piece coming back our way. anyone who cares to offer what it would take to get him here please go ahead, i'm all ears....
Sutter's stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=84687

Not even a point a game in junior. Just wondering why you feel that this kid is gonna blossom into Jeff Carter all of a sudden? Carter had three straight 30+ goal seasons in the O before turning pro. Sutter is only a number two in Carolina because well... he plays in Carolina. He might turn out to be a good 3rd line guy but I want more for Kabs.

Psydeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 06:24 PM
facey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psydeshow View Post
Sutter's stats:

Not even a point a game in junior. Just wondering why you feel that this kid is gonna blossom into Jeff Carter all of a sudden? Carter had three straight 30+ goal seasons in the O before turning pro. Sutter is only a number two in Carolina because well... he plays in Carolina. He might turn out to be a good 3rd line guy but I want more for Kabs.
u need to look up from the stat sheet & watch some hockey. Brandon Sutter is a VERY good hockey player, and would be an excellent return for kaberle. the guys is a complete hockey player... nothing not to like

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 06:26 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Sutter's stats:

"like" a carter not exactly like him. sutter would be the main piece in a multiplayer/pick trade between us and carolina.

just a shot but what if sutter goes on to have a 25-30 goal season next year with some more assists? at 22 years old sutter all of a sudden would become very untouchable. this is why i agree with what ulf was saying about taking a risk, grabbing a young guy before they break out.

carolina has some serious dmen woes and they are unhappy with them. we have a lot of dmen who we can use to make something happen additionally for a major trade.

Old
04-13-2010, 06:28 PM
JB Maple Leafs

Quote:
Sutter's stats:

He wasn't drafted 11th overall because of his points in Junior it's because of his all-around ability. He's smart, great on face-offs, great defensively, and would be the ultimate 3rd line centre behind Kadri and Bozak in my opinion. Oh ya and he's a Sutter so he has the work ethic, leadership and attitude of a winner. Just look at Jordan Staal - he was drafted 2nd overall and only had 96 points in a total of 134 OHL Games. They are very similar players in my opinion. I would take Sutter at 21 years old for kaberle in a second!

JB Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Psydeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
u need to look up from the stat sheet & watch some hockey. Brandon Sutter is a VERY good hockey player, and would be an excellent return for kaberle. the guys is a complete hockey player... nothing not to like
Not saying that I DON'T like Sutter. Just wondering whether we could get something better. Someone with a PROVEN track record as a scorer.

In related news..... Cody Hodgson was shut down by Canucks doctors yesterday and will not be joining the Manitoba Moose for their playoff run. Apparently... his back is not 100 percent.

Psydeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 06:38 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not saying that I DON'T like Sutter. Just wondering whether we could get something better. Someone with a PROVEN track record as a scorer.

In related news..... Cody Hodgson was shut down by Canucks doctors yesterday and will not be joining the Manitoba Moose for their playoff run. Apparently... his back is not 100 percent.
Please people we will never get a Brandon Sutter for Kaberle.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 06:39 PM
Hurt

Quote:

He'll never be 100%, I suspect. Hopefully he works out wherever, he's a talented player.

Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Maple Leafs View Post
He wasn't drafted 11th overall because of his points in Junior it's because of his all-around ability. He's smart, great on face-offs, great defensively, and would be the ultimate 3rd line centre behind Kadri and Bozak in my opinion. Oh ya and he's a Sutter so he has the work ethic, leadership and attitude of a winner. Just look at Jordan Staal - he was drafted 2nd overall and only had 96 points in a total of 134 OHL Games. They are very similar players in my opinion. I would take Sutter at 21 years old for kaberle in a second!

exactly, you do not get drafted 11th overall for no reason although i would be playing sutter as a 1a/1b with bozak to start off.

kadri is a center but i really feel he is going to end up on the wing.

Old
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Please people we will never get a Brandon Sutter for Kaberle.
funny thing is i never mentioned kaberle in my post.