HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your 2010-2011 Tampa Bay Lightning team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-05-2010, 06:58 PM
  #26
LightningStrikes
Moderator
SFY
 
LightningStrikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,360
vCash: 133
TSN Off-Season Game Plan: TBL @ http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320648

LightningStrikes is online now  
Old
05-05-2010, 10:23 PM
  #27
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
TSN Off-Season Game Plan: TBL @ http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=320648
Scott Cullen is ****ing stupid and should refrain writing anything about the bolts.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-06-2010, 08:52 AM
  #28
Dangerfield
 
Dangerfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: By the Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Well, the one area where that TSN article is spot on, is the value of stability. Many of us remember the revolving roster that was the Dudley era, and what happened when that roster finally was settled and allowed to work together for some time.

The Two Idiots era was something of a return to the bad old days, and we should hope that Vinny's take on the value of stability will be considered. What that means for Marty is anyone's guess, but let's wait and see what happens there. There's no reason to be pessimistic about this hockey club.

Dangerfield is offline  
Old
05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
  #29
DarrylshutzSydor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Country: Palestine
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
The Bolts had 4-5 AHL caliber players on their team this past season. Not sayin' I know what they need, but Thompson, Fedoruk, Szechura, Kenopka, and Smith should now go.......

DarrylshutzSydor is offline  
Old
05-06-2010, 10:45 AM
  #30
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Konopka plays a good role and should be here.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-06-2010, 10:48 AM
  #31
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
The Bolts had 4-5 AHL caliber players on their team this past season. Not sayin' I know what they need, but Thompson, Fedoruk, Szechura, Kenopka, and Smith should now go.......
Hes earned his stripes. I take it you didn't see much of the bolts last year.

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
05-06-2010, 12:49 PM
  #32
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Maelmoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,603
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
The Bolts had 4-5 AHL caliber players on their team this past season. Not sayin' I know what they need, but Thompson, Fedoruk, Szechura, Kenopka, and Smith should now go.......
Um Konopka is a great fourth liner, I would dare to say one of the best in the league (fourth liners, just to make it clear :p) and Thompson did also a decent work.

__________________
Todd Harvey, Adam Oates and Darren Puppa, you are all missed in the game of hockey!
Maelmoor is offline  
Old
05-06-2010, 01:52 PM
  #33
Infected
Registered User
 
Infected's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RUS,Saint-Petersburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Thompson "laborer", and these players need a team

Infected is offline  
Old
05-07-2010, 07:56 AM
  #34
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor View Post
Um Konopka is a great fourth liner, I would dare to say one of the best in the league (fourth liners, just to make it clear :p) and Thompson did also a decent work.
I thought Konopka played well enough last season to play on the upper lines. When you have a player who is around 60% on faceoffs, then I would think you would want that player on the ice a little more.

TBFan is offline  
Old
05-07-2010, 07:55 PM
  #35
Yzlamic Extremist
Registered User
 
Yzlamic Extremist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,611
vCash: 629
Jonathan Quick could be available. I'd definitely look into him in goal. He can play in net until Tokarski is ready, and then we'll have a great goaltending duo.

Yzlamic Extremist is online now  
Old
05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
  #36
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
St. Louis-Stamkos-Downie (2.0)
Malone-Vinny-Ponikorovsky (3.5)
Purcell-Williams(1.5)-Kozlov(1.5)
Konopka(600k)-Chewy-Fedoruk

Hedman-Ohlund
Mezaros-Leopold(1.75)
Walker-Lundin (800k)
Foster (1.0)

Smith
Ellis (2.25)


Downie (2.0)
Pony (3.5)
Williams (1.5)
Kozlov (1.5)
Foster (1.0)
Leopold (1.75)
Ellis (2.25)
Konopka (600k)
Lundin (800k)

Put TB around 54M

MacTavish or Torchetti as head coach
Yzerman as GM

echlfreak is offline  
Old
05-13-2010, 10:48 AM
  #37
TBLbrian
Registered User
 
TBLbrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,733
vCash: 500
I think Purcell has better value than Poni for the price tag. and has some chemistry with Vinny.

St. Louis- Stamkos -Downie
Malone- Vinny - Purcell
Wright- Cullen - Tyrell/Jones
(a kid we can train to be a 3rd liner of the future)
Thompson - Konopka- Chewy


Lundin -Ohlund
Mezaros- Hedman
Walker- Wishart
Foster

Smith/ Ramo
Ellis

TBLbrian is offline  
Old
05-13-2010, 11:38 AM
  #38
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post

Put TB around 54M
They are unwilling to pay $15,000 for a surgery, do you really think that they will be anywhere near $54 mill??

TBFan is offline  
Old
05-13-2010, 11:42 AM
  #39
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
St. Louis- Stamkos -Downie
Malone- Vinny - Purcell
Wright- Cullen - Tyrell/Jones (a kid we can train to be a 3rd liner of the future)
Thompson - Konopka- Chewy


Lundin -Ohlund
Mezaros- Hedman
Walker- Wishart
Foster

Smith/ Ramo
Ellis

That third line needs much more scoring ability. Cullen would be a great pick up, don't know that he would want to sign on for a third line job though. Williams is a perfect third line fit and can be a right shot pp-D like Det and Chi used him for. I think Higgins or Madden would fit nicely on the third line.

St. Louis- Stamkos -Downie
Malone- Vinny - Purcell
Wright- Madden/Higgins - Williams
Jones/Tyrell - Konopka- Chewy

Lundin-Ohlund
Hedman-Mitchell/Tallinder/Corvo/Coloiacovo/Michalek
Mezaros-Walker
Foster

UFA D (2-3.5M)...Madden/Higgins (1.5-2M)...Ellis(2.25)...Williams (1.5M)= 7.25-9.25M which would provide depth in scoring, a solid tandem with Smitty and a top 4 d. Williams could move up to 2nd line duties if Purcell doesn't come thru.

echlfreak is offline  
Old
05-13-2010, 12:03 PM
  #40
BoltSTH
Registered User
 
BoltSTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
If Ranger is motivated and has his old form he has to be better then Walker, or Mezaros.
If we could deal Mezaros it would ideal.

Ohlund - Lundin
Ranger - Hedman
Walker - Wishart

7/8 Fight for it in camp

BoltSTH is offline  
Old
05-13-2010, 12:46 PM
  #41
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
They are unwilling to pay $15,000 for a surgery, do you really think that they will be anywhere near $54 mill??

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-18-2010, 02:04 PM
  #42
lightningfanqc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Québec city, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
They could Johan Harju...form what I'm saying at the World champs, he could play on our 3rd line and maybe graduate during the year. And it will be not so costly

lightningfanqc is offline  
Old
05-18-2010, 06:05 PM
  #43
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,765
vCash: 500
Downie-Stamkos-MSL
Malone-Vinny-Purcell
Harju-Jones-Chewie
Thompson-Knops-Craig

Ohlund-Lundin
Hedman-Mez
Wishart-Jackson/Foster

Smith
Tokarski

I'd call both Wishart and Jackson up and let them both get a chance to prove themselves. I think Wishart is ready and last year Jackson was considered by many to be the Ads best defensemen. We resign Foster to complement our power play and to rotate guys out if needed. pretty much roll him out as the seventh dman. I think Harju would be a fine addition on our third line giving us a scoring punch and Jones in my mind impressed the hell out of me the last call up. He should be giving a spot to lose in training camp this year.

With craig on the fourth line it still gives us someone who can score on occasion but with Knops and Thompson provides alot of toughenss.

Have Smith as the starter again this year, not trading for any young goaltenders because I personally believe that Tokarski is better than most Ive seen proposed to come here. Give him the back up job and start grooming him. I honestly believe this will be a year that he will surprise the hell out of people.

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
05-18-2010, 06:52 PM
  #44
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Downie-Stamkos-MSL
Malone-Vinny-Purcell
Harju-Jones-Chewie
Thompson-Knops-Craig

Ohlund-Lundin
Hedman-Mez
Wishart-Jackson/Foster

Smith
Tokarski

I'd call both Wishart and Jackson up and let them both get a chance to prove themselves. I think Wishart is ready and last year Jackson was considered by many to be the Ads best defensemen. We resign Foster to complement our power play and to rotate guys out if needed. pretty much roll him out as the seventh dman. I think Harju would be a fine addition on our third line giving us a scoring punch and Jones in my mind impressed the hell out of me the last call up. He should be giving a spot to lose in training camp this year.

With craig on the fourth line it still gives us someone who can score on occasion but with Knops and Thompson provides alot of toughenss.

Have Smith as the starter again this year, not trading for any young goaltenders because I personally believe that Tokarski is better than most Ive seen proposed to come here. Give him the back up job and start grooming him. I honestly believe this will be a year that he will surprise the hell out of people.
Some things i'd guess from your lineup...

-Purcell and Harju will battle for the same roster spot (and i'd bet Harju wins it)
-Doubt Craig will be in the lineup, can't seem to stay healthy
-Wishart is still a year away. Jackson is a longshot, but could make it. It'll be make or break for Mihalik and Lashoff next season, both are out of options and will have to clear to be sent down.
-Tokarski isn't really for the backup role yet, and frankly there is no need to rush a smaller goaltender. We also have to put on a good showing to not lose Norfolk as our AHL affiliate. Let he and Janus work on things down there.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
  #45
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Some things i'd guess from your lineup...

-Purcell and Harju will battle for the same roster spot (and i'd bet Harju wins it)
-Doubt Craig will be in the lineup, can't seem to stay healthy
-Wishart is still a year away. Jackson is a longshot, but could make it. It'll be make or break for Mihalik and Lashoff next season, both are out of options and will have to clear to be sent down.
-Tokarski isn't really for the backup role yet, and frankly there is no need to rush a smaller goaltender. We also have to put on a good showing to not lose Norfolk as our AHL affiliate. Let he and Janus work on things down there.
Agree with all except that. I think Purcell makes the team and Harju either makes the 3rd line or spends time in Norfolk. If both do, someone like Craig gets sent down.

bassassin is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 10:30 AM
  #46
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
Agree with all except that. I think Purcell makes the team and Harju either makes the 3rd line or spends time in Norfolk. If both do, someone like Craig gets sent down.
We'll have serious problems if Harju gets sent down. We already had a lack of scoring depth and leaving a shot like that off the roster would be silly.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 11:06 AM
  #47
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
We'll have serious problems if Harju gets sent down. We already had a lack of scoring depth and leaving a shot like that off the roster would be silly.
I suppose, but I think the final top 6 spot is Purcells to lose given his play post deadline/chemistry with V4.

bassassin is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 12:14 PM
  #48
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
We'll have serious problems if Harju gets sent down. We already had a lack of scoring depth and leaving a shot like that off the roster would be silly.
Yea, those 4 goals in the KHL last year will be missed on the 3rd line here.

TBFan is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
  #49
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Yea, those 4 goals in the KHL last year will be missed on the 3rd line here.
Its cool, spout off one year of stats with a coach that played him roughly 8 minutes a night, it'll make you look smart.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 01:20 PM
  #50
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Its cool, spout off one year of stats with a coach that played him roughly 8 minutes a night, it'll make you look smart.
Well, 3rd line center on this team will get you between 8-12 minutes a night. So what would be different?

BTW, he averaged almost 15 minutes a game in the KHL last season.

TBFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.