HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Your 2010-2011 Tampa Bay Lightning team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2010, 02:53 PM
  #51
Untamable
 
Untamable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,544
vCash: 500
Last night I had a dream that the Lightning made it into the 2011 playoffs. I was at a playoff game [sitting in section 115, row C, seat 2] eating baby carrots with ranch.




I hate carrots.

Untamable is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
  #52
bassassin
Registered User
 
bassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: England
Country: England
Posts: 5,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Well, 3rd line center on this team will get you between 8-12 minutes a night. So what would be different?

BTW, he averaged almost 15 minutes a game in the KHL last season.
Thompson was playing more like 15 minutes a night and he was playing 3rd/4th liner with PK minutes. Harju would get PP AND PK time as well as 3rd line minutes. So 15 at least sounds about right.

Veilleux scored 3 goals last season...he has to be an upgrade.

Also you missed out the fact he had 14 assists, thats more points than I would guess all of our bottom 6 had except whichever one of Tanguay/Malone you count as bottom 6.

bassassin is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 04:02 PM
  #53
hockeygirl771
Registered User
 
hockeygirl771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamable View Post
Last night I had a dream that the Lightning made it into the 2011 playoffs. I was at a playoff game [sitting in section 115, row C, seat 2] eating baby carrots with ranch.




I hate carrots.
Do you remember the names of the players on the Lightning Team lol?

hockeygirl771 is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 04:35 PM
  #54
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola
 
FrancoRussianAlaskan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pensacola, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
Its cool, spout off one year of stats with a coach that played him roughly 8 minutes a night, it'll make you look smart.
I wanted to pull the TOI stat too but a check of KHL.ru show his ATOI at 14:54.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 04:48 PM
  #55
wingsarekings*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Greece
Posts: 697
vCash: 500
Vincent Lecavalier Martin St. Louis Ryan Malone
Steven Stamkos Matt Cullen Steve Downie
Purcell Williams Jones
Thompson Konopka Craig

Ohlund-Lundin
Hedman-Mez
Walker/Leopold-Foster

Now please don't flame this suggestion but...

Nittymaki/Toskala finnish connection let them battle it out.
(could probably sign Toskala at 1 mill or less, and Nitty at 2?

Smith hopefully is traded somehow.

wingsarekings* is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 07:11 PM
  #56
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
a new era
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Yea, those 4 goals in the KHL last year will be missed on the 3rd line here.
He also had 14 assists to make a total of 18 points in 55 games. Those 18 points would rank him 7th in scoring as a forward and 9th in scoring as a player on the Lightning this past season.

For those who look at his KHL stats, don't forget why the KHL went after him in the first place. Back to back 20 and 27 goal seasons in the SEL as a 21 and 22 year old, and invitation to Sweden's off season Olympic training camp, and a bronze medal with Sweden at last years WC.


Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 05-19-2010 at 07:21 PM.
TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
05-19-2010, 07:18 PM
  #57
Skip Bayless
Kristers God-levskis
 
Skip Bayless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 629
Sign Johnny Boychuk July 1st. That is all.

Skip Bayless is offline  
Old
05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
  #58
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,009
vCash: 500
Vinny should have a bit of the pressure taken off for next season.

No longer will he be associated with Art Williams' infamous quote about him being "the Michael Jordan of hockey."

Carolina has graciously taken care of that for us.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=525747
and it's Canes board topic:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=764534

Felonious Python is online now  
Old
05-22-2010, 12:56 AM
  #59
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeresHedman View Post
I wanted to pull the TOI stat too but a check of KHL.ru show his ATOI at 14:54.
I'm aware but looking at that stat is like looking at someones +/-... it'll tell you something, but not much.

He spent a good... third? half? of the season being rotated all over the ice, never seemed to have consistent linemates for more than, say, 2-3 shifts. Put in strange roles, with strange people, with very strange coaching.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-22-2010, 01:00 AM
  #60
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Well, 3rd line center on this team will get you between 8-12 minutes a night. So what would be different?
Smaller ice surface to showcase his physical side, he would be given a shot at the top six instead of being a 3-4 liner, he has better hands and vision than a grinder so he'd be a waste on the bottom six. Put up excellent numbers before going to the KHL as a 21 year old and is mature enough physically to compete at the NHL level. Not quite a defensive stalwart, but certainly no cherrypicker that'll be a liability every shift.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 07:16 AM
  #61
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
He spent a good... third? half? of the season being rotated all over the ice, never seemed to have consistent linemates for more than, say, 2-3 shifts. Put in strange roles, with strange people, with very strange coaching.
He will be right at home here with the Lightning then.

TBFan is offline  
Old
05-24-2010, 09:27 AM
  #62
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
He will be right at home here with the Lightning then.


hahahaha

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 07:28 AM
  #63
TBFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Far from here
Country: United States
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey View Post
I'm aware but looking at that stat is like looking at someones +/-... it'll tell you something, but not much.
Yea, that time on ice stat means nothing.

TBFan is offline  
Old
05-25-2010, 10:17 AM
  #64
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBFan View Post
Yea, that time on ice stat means nothing.
It doesn't tell the whole story, are you honestly that oblivious to it?

Do you honestly believe that 15:00 TOI on the PK is the same as 15:00 TOI even strength?

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 03:29 PM
  #65
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 500
Tocchet on the Lapdogs show, talking about the Flyers, Stanley Cup, Lightning and Stevie Y as new GM.

Pretty interesting stuff, aside from the mutual slobber fest at the end of the call. I will stick with the Lightning related stuff.

Tocchet thinks that most of Vinny's problems last year were due to the stress of the trade rumors and the feeling that management was trying to drive him out. Said that was actually a pretty prevalent feeling throughout the locker room. Didn't mention one way or another if he thought he miscoached Vinny.

Says that Stevie Y will be great for everything hockey related in Tampa Bay, from ticket sales all the way to how players deal with each other in the locker room.

Does think that Vinny can be a good captain. Needs to go with Marty, Stammer, Downie as his wingmen and kick the ass (paraphrasing here)of those in the room who just aren't getting it and aren't being part of the team. Unless I missed a name or two, found this interesting with who was left out. Said Stevie Y will be a big help to Vinny in this kind of role.

Admitted to making mistakes, more than one, but didn't clarify. Seemed very supportive and respectful of Vinik.

Benders Lindyhop is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 03:38 PM
  #66
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
a new era
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 16,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Tocchet on the Lapdogs show, talking about the Flyers, Stanley Cup, Lightning and Stevie Y as new GM.

Pretty interesting stuff, aside from the mutual slobber fest at the end of the call. I will stick with the Lightning related stuff.

Tocchet thinks that most of Vinny's problems last year were due to the stress of the trade rumors and the feeling that management was trying to drive him out. Said that was actually a pretty prevalent feeling throughout the locker room. Didn't mention one way or another if he thought he miscoached Vinny.

Says that Stevie Y will be great for everything hockey related in Tampa Bay, from ticket sales all the way to how players deal with each other in the locker room.

Does think that Vinny can be a good captain. Needs to go with Marty, Stammer, Downie as his wingmen and kick the ass (paraphrasing here)of those in the room who just aren't getting it and aren't being part of the team. Unless I missed a name or two, found this interesting with who was left out. Said Stevie Y will be a big help to Vinny in this kind of role.

Admitted to making mistakes, more than one, but didn't clarify. Seemed very supportive and respectful of Vinik.
Thanks for sharing that. That's pretty interesting what Tocchet said about management possibly trying to drive him out, since Espo thought the same thing.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 04:05 PM
  #67
Maria
Registered User
 
Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,434
vCash: 500
sooo now he is saying good things about Vinny? that's not exactly what he said right after he got fired and had that interview with a Toronto radio station and completely threw him under the bus.


maybe it was the anger speaking at that time, who knows!!!

Maria is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
  #68
Benders Lindyhop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
sooo now he is saying good things about Vinny? that's not exactly what he said right after he got fired and had that interview with a Toronto radio station and completely threw him under the bus.


maybe it was the anger speaking at that time, who knows!!!
I don't know. I didn't think that interview was as bad as most did. At least not once I heard the whole thing. I will say that with this interview, I got the feeling of Duemig throwing some seriously leading questions at Tocchet. Things like: so Tocc, you know that Espo did an interview and he said that management was trying to drive Vinny out. And Tocc responding with: yeah, the trade rumors and the way he was being treated by some people and the way they were talking to him, it just made him tired, made his legs tired. Seemed to really want to stress, this time, that it wasn't that he didn't think Vinny wasn't trying and didn't still have it, but that it was all really weighing on him big time.

Benders Lindyhop is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 04:23 PM
  #69
VoteNOB
Registered User
 
VoteNOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Admitted to making mistakes, more than one, but didn't clarify. Seemed very supportive and respectful of Vinik.
He made a lot of those, the show wasn't long enough for him to go over all of them LOL All kidding aside, he's not coaching material. I could see him being a Consultant though to young players but not a coach. He didn't put enough book work into the job, if he had, he would have started Nitty when should have and they would have made the playoffs (he cost them 12-18 points just in SE Division games by putting Smith out there).

VoteNOB is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
  #70
paperclip maniac
 
paperclip maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando
Country: United States
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
aside from all the Tocc stuff above, why is everyone intent on signing Cullen, he hasn't been that good on any team except Laviolette's hurricanes...

paperclip maniac is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 06:35 PM
  #71
Bolt32
Registered User
 
Bolt32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclip maniac View Post
aside from all the Tocc stuff above, why is everyone intent on signing Cullen, he hasn't been that good on any team except Laviolette's hurricanes...
I dont know. Get the kids in the bottom 6 and build from within. Thats my idea on how things should be done at least. I mean hell, give the bottom 6 some heart and were in the playoffs....not far off.

Bolt32 is offline  
Old
05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
  #72
Felonious Python
Moderator
Purple Squirrel
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 13,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclip maniac View Post
aside from all the Tocc stuff above, why is everyone intent on signing Cullen, he hasn't been that good on any team except Laviolette's hurricanes...
He got 50 points for Ottawa in the regular season, and had a quite impressive playoff series against Pittsburgh.

Felonious Python is online now  
Old
05-26-2010, 11:00 PM
  #73
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 19,989
vCash: 500
No Cullen please. He doesn't need a 3 year contract.

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
05-27-2010, 05:56 PM
  #74
Razzmatazz
Registered User
 
Razzmatazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Has anyone mentioned Nicklas Lidstrom now that Yzerman is the man in charge? Bringing in a player like that could have a huge impact on Hedman and be a long term investment.

For as much as I've detested Holmstrom as a Red Wing, I'd love to see him in Tampa Bay.

My guess is, one of those two guys is coming over here next season.



AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS
Ryan Malone ($4.500m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.250m)
Carter Ashton ($1.100m) / Steven Stamkos ($3.725m) / * Steve Downie ($3.500m)
* Tomas Holmstrom ($3.000m) / James Wright ($1.005m) / * Ted Purcell ($0.900m)
Todd Fedoruk ($1.058m) / * Zenon Konopka ($0.650m) / * Blair Jones ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
* Nicklas Lidstrom ($5.000m) / Victor Hedman ($3.500m)
Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m) / * Mike Lundin ($1.800m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / * Kurtis Foster ($1.100m)
Matt Lashoff ($0.550m)

GOALTENDERS
Mike Smith ($2.200m) / * Riku Helenius ($0.800m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(no bonus cushion is used in these calculations)
ROSTER: 21; PAYROLL: $56.639m; CAP ROOM: $0.161m


Last edited by Razzmatazz: 05-27-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Razzmatazz is offline  
Old
05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
  #75
paperclip maniac
 
paperclip maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Orlando
Country: United States
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
He got 50 points for Ottawa in the regular season, and had a quite impressive playoff series against Pittsburgh.
Actually he got 4 goals and 4 assists in 21 reg season games with Ott. In 6 playoff games against Pitt he got 3 goals and 5 assists, which is good, but are we going to sign Thompson to a contract then put him in the minors? I liked his work ethic, not much else though...I'd like to see a cheaper alternative than Cullen, but he has to have an offensive upside...Jones, Tyrell, Craig, those are the first names that came to mind, not necessarily the best options but they are cheap...

paperclip maniac is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.