HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Call me crazy, but !!

Old
04-13-2010, 12:58 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
You're Crazy

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Well Im not a betting man
I see what you're saying, I'm not picking the habs either, but I will be routing for them. I just thought you meant the habs have no chance, but they have a slim chance
There's always a chance, just ask the Bruins. I'll be rooting for us as well, I just won't be devastated if we don't win. We have to break the 8 game post season losing streak.

Go Habs Go!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 01:44 PM
albertonhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
There's always a chance, just ask the Bruins. I'll be rooting for us as well, I just won't be devastated if we don't win. We have to break the 8 game post season losing streak.

Go Habs Go!
Forsure, I don't for see anyone betting there home or anything!! just fun to have a touch of hope!! makes it more fun to watch

albertonhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Forsead

Teams always have chances in playoffs they just need to respond well, work alot and always have a good concentration.

Another strategy would be to hurt Caps players dress O'byrne to hit the hardest dirtiest hit on backstrom, after that dress Laraque to put his stick in Ovechkin throat and finally bring Darche to just crosscheck Semin to get him a concussion. Our chances would be good after that

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Forsead

The teams we had the most difficulties this season were bad teams (don't know why), very hard checking teams and very good defensive minded teams/system (I look at you New Jersey Devils). The good team is Capitals are none of this they play a run and gun all-in offensive game. Also, they are big, but only on the average in physical play and grit. They try to have alway the possession of the puck and get in the ozone.

So we have chance, because it's not a kind of team we played bad against, I don't know exactly why, but probably because of the speed of our forwards. If our goalies are able to play the great goaltending they always have and we are able to get in Theodore mind it give us even more chances.

Also
We need opportunism
We need the first goal
We need some players to elevate they game
We need concentration and work hard
We need one win in Wash in the first to games
We need to our defense to work well and play focused in the system
We need to backcheck
We need to physically annmoy them
We need to never give up

That's it we have some chances BELIEVE IT!

GO HABS GO !

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Lord Chezz

This:

Lord Chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
totalrecall

Granted we are not favorites to win against washington.
However, we did quiet allright during the season against them,

Why not do it again?

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Ti Bill View Post
Bah...I dont feel revered around these parts no more.

Its a cryin' shame.
It is quite a shame, too many noobs didn't get to feel the wrath of LC.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:20 PM
mikeg

keep drinking the kool aid and you are gonna end up with cancer

mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
keep drinking the kool aid and you are gonna end up with cancer
Thats why I drink alcohol, no diseases can live in it!

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 04:01 PM
markov`

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
I won't call you crazy because I pretty much feel the same way you do. The obvious (and probably sane) choice would be to bet on the Caps, but if... IF is the keyword here. Lots of IFs. A bucket load of IFs. It's not like we have half the team from the AHL and 10 injured guys...

But if (here we go) 13, 14, 46, 74, 21, 91, 57 and 79 start to play the way they should, if Halak is the same goalie we saw in/after the olympic break (minus the last couple of games), if the PP resumes to its usual performance and if the team start playing as a team, well, watch out.
Man I believe it!!

markov` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
Too many people, including so-called journalists, panic looking at the stats and player names... They played over a quarter of their season against teams that didn't make the playoffs, they scored nearly 100 goals against them, their defense and goaltending is average, we got 5 points and two wins against them this year... Nah, easier to say they will wipe us because their offense is spectacular... I think Jacques Martin will put a strong defensive trap against them and the series will be much, much tougher than many expect. I say even we, as fans, will understand the Caps system and pattern quickly after two or three games...
Well said. This is what was going through the back of my mind the entire time.

Look at all the teams in their division, not one made it. A testament to why they succeeded, or are they a testament to why so many teams failed?

We actually have the deepest division. A testament to the fact that we're a good team having succeeded in making the playoffs with 3 other teams in our division making it? Imo this part isn't even debatable, we played playoff teams 18 games guaranteed this year who were division rivals. Washington played 0 games against playoff team division rivals. Basically they played 24 games against teams that aren't even in the top 50% of the NHL, and that's just counting their division, not just the leafs x4, rags/isles x 4, etc. Not even taking into account which teams they played out west this year.

I think they're a solid team, but I do think had you put New Jersey, Pittsburgh, another solid team there like even Buffalo, it would have been similar, not the same, but similar. Not easy to lose points when you're in a division with 4 teams that didn't make it. I know many will say it's because of Washington those teams probably didn't make it, but I seem to remember the Bruins being swept 0-7-1 against us one season and they made it into 8th, so it's not necessarily true that because you sweep a team, that means they won't make it. (Therefore same can be said for being in Washington's division, these teams could have percevered but they simply didn't have the talent etc to do so)

Also it could also be that Washington's style of play works well against those teams, there are many factors that come into account, all I know is during the season they imo didn't play that well against us, and I'm hoping it carries over into the playoffs.

Sometimes the 28th place team is in 28th place because they play a system that 90% of the other teams in the NHL exploit heavily, but that works against a team like SJ, Detroit, NJ, Wash.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, all it takes is that one team with that one strategy that is overpowered against your teams system/style of play. Honestly the playoffs are a lot of defense/goaltending, some offense, and a lot more luck. You need to get lucky, the team that has your number often times needs to be eliminated by a team that doesn't, etc. Winning the cup is almost like winning the lottery, except the better your team is and the better your depth, the better your odds.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:40 AM
bipolarhabfan

Anything can and will happen in the NHL playoffs. Upsets, are in fact, quite common. Indeed, "Since the current playoff format was adopted 14 seasons ago, there have been 56 series matching the No. 1 team in a conference against the No. 8 team, and No. 2 versus No. 7. Of those 56 series, 20 have ended in victory for the underdog." (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/12/sp...2slapshot.html) A few examples will highlight this trend. In 06, Edmonton beat Detroit. They would continue this trend with wins over San Jose and Anaheim en route to the final. In 02 and 04, the Habs beat the Bruins. Detroit has also been involved in other playoff upsets losing to Anaheim in 03, to LA in 01, and the biggest upset of them all, San Jose in 94. In only three seasons since 1994 (1996, 2007, and 2008) no upsets occurred. This gives me some hope.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
RE-HABS

I think Montreal has the opportunity to beat the Caps, it could go to 6 or 7 games too. Even Mac-T said that the Habs have a team that could upset the Caps, anything can happen and Montreal is the underdog and no one is giving them a chance...there is no pressure on the Habs.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Capitano

There is always a chance...but if we somehow do the impossible and win, I can see a lot of chewed fingernails in the process.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote