HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Prospect Rankings

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2004, 09:01 AM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
My Prospect Rankings

1) Tyutin - I think the gap between him and Lundqvist has closed a bit, but not enough to knock Fedor off of the top of my list.
2) Lundqvist - One of the best goaltending prospects in the world. Lundqvist is agile, quick, and VERY hard to beat.
3) Balej - Sniper who plays with a bit of an edge, Joseph is liting it up in the AHL playoffs. Should be on the big team next year.
4) Prucha - My favorite prospect in the world, Petr will suprise people next year. He played EXCELLENT in the worlds, so I see no problem for him as long as he gains some weight.
5) Jessiman - Was double teamed a lot last year, but still managed to put up a few points. He needs to grow defensively and lose a bit of the attitude.
6) Umberger - Who knows if we'll sign him, but I think he could turn into a solid 2nd line center down the road.
7) Kondratiev - To me, Maxim is bust or boom. He is a level headed kid, but he doesn't want minors. Well, we'll just have to see.
8) Baranka - I love his hard-nosed game. I think it's jus what our blueline needs in the future.
9) Pock - I think he'll be a solid 3/4 in the future who can give some offensive punch. I'd like to see him keep developing his defensive game.
10) Murray - He's in the NHL to stay I think. Solid 3rd line checking center in the mold or Draper. He should be a fan favorite for years down the road./
11) Dawes - The diminutive player is hailed as one of the best in the WHL. Many thought he could slip into the first round in his draft year. Major steal so far.
12) Immonen - Who knows. He could be excellent in the NHL and put up 50-60 points a year or just be a player who is a great Euro but horrible NHler.
13) Jonasen - Solid year in juniors should lead to him getting signed soon and playing in Hartford.
14) Liffiton - Again, he's a player we need on our backline. I don't think he has as much potential as most do (I say he'll top out to a 3/4/5 in that area), but he's still mean as hell.
15) Dom Moore - He's fallen a lot. He played solid but then degressed when sent to the minors. He needs a solid kick in the ass to wake up. Could still be a good one.
16) Lampman - Solid two-way defender. I like his rough nosed game. Could be a good guy down the road.
17) Heerema - Such an enigma. Undeniable talent, but his drive questions me. Maybe he makes the most out of his shot for once.
18) Taylor - Could be a solid #3 or a #7 who plays sparingly. It's all up to how he works on his game over the next few seasons.
19) Roche - He's opening eyes. He could go into our top 10 next year if he continues to improve his game.
20) Guenin - "Nasty" Nate is just that. He's rugged and tough as nails. You watch him play and you see people step away from him. Needs to work on his skating.
21) Falardeau - Enigma enigma enigma. Where's the Otto? I see him as a 4th liner at best. He has the POTENTIAL to be better, but it's all up to him.
22) Petterstrom - Another of my favorite Euro prospects. I thought Sather would've taken him earlier than he did, but he could be a solid player. Has some injury problems, though.
23) Giroux - I think he'll bounce around between the minors and majors his career. Good character kid, but I don't think he has the natural abilities to be a core player.
24) Stals - See Giroux.
25) Kozak - Could be a great fighter for us. He loses his temper like crazy, but sticks up for his whole team. Won't be a powerforward but a solid checker if he makes it.
26) Wiseman - See Giroux/Stals.
27) Potter - I don't know about this kid. He has such a great defensive awareness, but he can never seem to play with that consistent edge. He needs it to succeed. And needs it bad.
28) Reese - Could turn out to be a good player. He was decent this year. Continual improvement will further help him.
29) Holt - I like Holt. I think he'll be a solid back-up for us down the road. He reminds me of a bigger Terreri.
30) Furrer - Solid defensive d-man. I liked both his game and Romy's. I wanted both of them, but at least we got Furrer. He'll be a solid 5/6 down the road I think.

Flame away if you must.

Old
05-06-2004, 09:04 AM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

See, having nothing to do during your day DOES lead to good things.

Old
05-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Fletch

Has Moore really regressed?

or is he just a smart player who's very solid defensively and could be one of those players who shadows other lines? Wish he'd put up more points, but, perhaps that's not his thing.

On Murray...I liked what I saw in the NHL. Showed some skill I didn't know he had. Unfortunately I don't know what role he's playing in Hartford right now, but I think I'd like to see a bit more scoring out of him. If he's to play on a third line, getting 15 minutes or so of ice time per game, you're going to want 10-15 goals out of him. [by the way, you mention Kris Draper - he had 24 goals this season - I was thinking more along the lines of McCarty - a guy who'll drop 'em and provide that scoring punch and deliver the hits - and isn't Murray more of a winger than centerman?]

Time will tell with these guys. Seems to be few of the sure-fire-type guys though. Lots of ???, maybes, etc.

Old
05-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Larry Melnyk

Too many Prospect threads!!!

A few SUBJECTIVE general comments...

Giroux way too low, this kid is gonna be a player for the Rangers..Goold all around game..I'd put him in Murray's slot and slide Garth down just a tad

From everything I've read and seen, by the time all is said an done, Immonen will turn out to be one of the best and most important, but hard to tell where to really rank him...

I think you are giving MOORE a bad rap..Don't think he's digressed on needs a kick in the arse....Played great in Ranger pre-season camp and when called up to NY..From all I've read , he just didn't seem initially to be McGill's type of player...I think this showed up in his alloted ice-time, line-mates, and numbers...However, it seems both Moore and McGill have adjusted or learned what each other needs/wants....Moore has played really well late in the Pack season and in the POs where he has been paired with more talented players then earleir on...I think this kid has a bright future with the Rangers, as early as next year, and possibly over players like Lundmark...

From what I saw of College games this year, Greg Moore also has a future..

Damn it's good to have some good prospects!

Old
05-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Fletch

Trying to move you out of...

Gloomsville, Larry. Maybe Sunnyside is where you'll ultimately plop your arse.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:54 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Gloomsville, Larry. Maybe Sunnyside is where you'll ultimately plop your arse.
Could be, I'm shopping around for that new residence in Sunnyside and Partly Cloudy City but ain't moving anywhere until I see what happens with the summer market, the UFA market.....But I love what I see right now...

Old
05-06-2004, 12:46 PM
skunk

vCash:
You people have to learn what a prospect is. It's a kid who might make the team that hasn't. A kid who hasn't played 10 to 20 games. If your in the show for a little while you aren't a prospect. Tyutin, Balej and Murray are not prospects any longer. They are young, NHL players. Judge a prospect on his upside, position, talent and work ethic

I would rank it the following. It could change daily. There are so many how can you remember your rankings day to day

1. Kondratiev - Only a miracle would keep him from playing full time next year.
2. Beranka - Clearly a huge, huge, part of our future.
3. Jessiman - Upside is immense. A true power forward prospect.
4. Lundqvist - Any goalie who is very talented is a big prospect
5. Dawes - Shown zero respect from people who rate prospects
6. Immonen - A true play maker. God knows we need one.
7. Pock - Take it easy on this kid. He is 50/50 at best
8. Prucha - Has a chance to be great offensively but has no clue on defense
9. Moore - Took me all of 3 games to see he's a lot better then Lundmark
10 Liffiton - Is a physical defenseman we need but his upside isn't tremendous

Old
05-06-2004, 02:55 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
or is he just a smart player who's very solid defensively and could be one of those players who shadows other lines? Wish he'd put up more points, but, perhaps that's not his thing.

On Murray...I liked what I saw in the NHL. Showed some skill I didn't know he had. Unfortunately I don't know what role he's playing in Hartford right now, but I think I'd like to see a bit more scoring out of him. If he's to play on a third line, getting 15 minutes or so of ice time per game, you're going to want 10-15 goals out of him. [by the way, you mention Kris Draper - he had 24 goals this season - I was thinking more along the lines of McCarty - a guy who'll drop 'em and provide that scoring punch and deliver the hits - and isn't Murray more of a winger than centerman?]

Time will tell with these guys. Seems to be few of the sure-fire-type guys though. Lots of ???, maybes, etc.
I think Murray can score 20 goals in the long run. And that's my honest opinion of him. He works his ass off and is always shooting at the net. You saw how many chances he had his few games here. He always always always drove to the net. No, he doesn't have the breakaway speed that a guy like Draper does, but he has the defensive instincts and the drive that he does. I think he'll score a lot of garbage goals down the road.

With Moore - I fully expected him to light it up in Hartford and play a much larger role. To me, after his demotion, he regressed. It seemed like he was dissapointed and thought that he should've stayed with the big club. Just an honest observance. I've always liked Moore. I just expected more out of him.

Old
05-06-2004, 02:58 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Too many Prospect threads!!!

A few SUBJECTIVE general comments...

Giroux way too low, this kid is gonna be a player for the Rangers..Goold all around game..I'd put him in Murray's slot and slide Garth down just a tad

From everything I've read and seen, by the time all is said an done, Immonen will turn out to be one of the best and most important, but hard to tell where to really rank him...

From what I saw of College games this year, Greg Moore also has a future..

Damn it's good to have some good prospects!
I think Giroux will be a good role player but a journeyman. I have followed basically his whole career since I was intrigued when Ottawa picked him in his draft year (gotta remember that I follow Ottawa a lot with them being my 2nd favorite team in the league). And I don't see ANYTHING much more than a journeyman who can chip in a few points. Again, it's my opinion and I'd sure be glad as hell if I'm wrong!!

With Immonen, he's boom or bust. That's it. He's either going to be a SOLID 2nd line center or be a Euro journeyman. I see no middle road for him in the NHL.

Greg Moore. I never saw anything in him when I saw him play. So, he's sort of off the rader for me. I really don't think he'll be much if anything.

Like I said. These are all just opinions, but on some I hope I'm wrong! It'd be nice to have them all turn out!

Old
05-06-2004, 03:02 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Oh. By the way. I also have an article about Dawes ready. But apparantly I'm no longer listed as a writer or some ****?

Hmm.

I guess if you guys want it either list your email here or hit me up on AIM @ ed gein loves us.

Old
05-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
I think Giroux will be a good role player but a journeyman. I have followed basically his whole career since I was intrigued when Ottawa picked him in his draft year (gotta remember that I follow Ottawa a lot with them being my 2nd favorite team in the league). And I don't see ANYTHING much more than a journeyman who can chip in a few points. Again, it's my opinion and I'd sure be glad as hell if I'm wrong!!

With Immonen, he's boom or bust. That's it. He's either going to be a SOLID 2nd line center or be a Euro journeyman. I see no middle road for him in the NHL.

Greg Moore. I never saw anything in him when I saw him play. So, he's sort of off the rader for me. I really don't think he'll be much if anything.

Like I said. These are all just opinions, but on some I hope I'm wrong! It'd be nice to have them all turn out!
Ah, variety is what makes the world and this board go round...I see Murray as being much more of the 4th line journeyman type while Giroux has much more offensive abilities and almost as much jam....As with the others, it will be fun to see what happens...

Old
05-06-2004, 03:12 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Ah, variety is what makes the world and this board go round...I see Murray as being much more of the 4th line journeyman type while Giroux has much more offensive abilities and almost as much jam....As with the others, it will be fun to see what happens...
Let's hope my Murray and your Giroux become true!

Old
05-06-2004, 05:31 PM
nyr5186

Pretty good list, but you're missing one guy. Dwight Helminen. I'd put him somewhere between 10 and 15.

Guys that are too high:

Prucha - As good as he's played in Europe, I wouldnt put him ahead of Jessiman or Umberger. He's probably around the 6-8 range.

Hereema - This guy isnt even playing for Hartford in the playoffs. I dont see him being anything more than an average AHL player. Plus he's like 22 by now. If you include him, might as well include Lundmark and Blackburn as well.

Also, I'd put Liffiton and Giroux a little higher on the list.

Old
05-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
Oh. By the way. I also have an article about Dawes ready. But apparantly I'm no longer listed as a writer or some ****?

Hmm.

I guess if you guys want it either list your email here or hit me up on AIM @ ed gein loves us.

I'd like to read it. Email is kyle_berry@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Old
05-06-2004, 08:18 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Pretty good list, but you're missing one guy. Dwight Helminen. I'd put him somewhere between 10 and 15.

Guys that are too high:

Prucha - As good as he's played in Europe, I wouldnt put him ahead of Jessiman or Umberger. He's probably around the 6-8 range.

Hereema - This guy isnt even playing for Hartford in the playoffs. I dont see him being anything more than an average AHL player. Plus he's like 22 by now. If you include him, might as well include Lundmark and Blackburn as well.

Also, I'd put Liffiton and Giroux a little higher on the list.
I love Prucha. I think he's better than Jessiman AND Umberger (whom I really don't think is going to amount to anything).

Hereema still has LOADS of potential. He needs consistency. He's perfectly ranked their. I actually think I should move him up a spot or two.

And he is still also a prospect. Lundmark and Blackburn are not.

Old
05-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

why not just post the article in this thread? i think the first post i ever responded to was your post on prucha last season. you loved him then before most fans even knew him. didn't you see him play overseas?

Old
05-06-2004, 08:43 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
why not just post the article in this thread? i think the first post i ever responded to was your post on prucha last season. you loved him then before most fans even knew him. didn't you see him play overseas?
Yeah. Last year. Unfortunately I couldn't make my annual Euro trip this year due to lack of money :/...

Oh well :/...

Eh, I guess I'll just make a new thread for it. No sense posting it here in this cluttered one...

Old
05-06-2004, 09:45 PM
charliemurphy

I agree about Moore, I can definitely see him finishing next season with the Rangers.
Perhaps, on the 4th-line: Betts-Moore-Ortmeyer
Maybe Greg will eventually come up and we'll have some
brotherly love happening.
I definitely agree on Immonen. Might need one year more, but when he arrives he'll anchor a kick ass line with: Prucha-Immonen-Balej for years to come.
IMO...Murray will definitely become a fan favorite quickly. An eventual line of Murray-Moore-Ortmeyer could make a pretty solid 3rd-line.

Closed Thread