HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
If ya don't think Genoawy doesn't care think again. He got burned on the tying goal last nite and it didn't sit real well with him.

Immediately after the coaches left the dressing room in the wake of a 2-2 tie against No. 11 Notre Dame on Saturday, Genoway grabbed a practice jersey, went over to the Olympic ice sheet at Ralph Engelstad Arena and bag-skated himself for 25 minutes.

Notre Dame coach Jeff Jackson said, for the most part, he was pleased with his team’s play.

“It’s a great building, it’s a great crowd,” said Jackson, who led Lake Superior State to national titles in 1992 and 1994. “It makes it a very challenging place to play. This is as intimidating of a place as I’ve ever coached in.

“It was a good learning experience for us. We’re a young team. Playing in games like this are hopefully only going to make us better when we move toward the second half.”
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/184867/

Old
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
RabidBadger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
If ya don't think Genoawy doesn't care think again. He got burned on the tying goal last nite and it didn't sit real well with him.

Immediately after the coaches left the dressing room in the wake of a 2-2 tie against No. 11 Notre Dame on Saturday, Genoway grabbed a practice jersey, went over to the Olympic ice sheet at Ralph Engelstad Arena and bag-skated himself for 25 minutes.

Notre Dame coach Jeff Jackson said, for the most part, he was pleased with his teams play.

Its a great building, its a great crowd, said Jackson, who led Lake Superior State to national titles in 1992 and 1994. It makes it a very challenging place to play. This is as intimidating of a place as Ive ever coached in.

It was a good learning experience for us. Were a young team. Playing in games like this are hopefully only going to make us better when we move toward the second half.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/184867/
If anyone is bad mouthing Genoway they are delusional about how he would perform this year. It's hard to come back after an injury of the nature he sustained. I know he was Hobey material before Marvin cheap-shotted him and a lot of people expected him to return in that form. I watched the Maine series and saw the forwards from UM get by him a few times and I'm not surprised. I think he's done a pretty good job considering the set backs he's been through. The kid's a gamer and should be rounding into form in a couple months.

this weekend was a good series in terms of WCHA against CCHA. I have to hand it to CCHA programs; they don't back down from these hard matchups. I like their "anytime, anywhere" attitude.

Old
11-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
If anyone is bad mouthing Genoway they are delusional about how he would perform this year. It's hard to come back after an injury of the nature he sustained. I know he was Hobey material before Marvin cheap-shotted him and a lot of people expected him to return in that form. I watched the Maine series and saw the forwards from UM get by him a few times and I'm not surprised. I think he's done a pretty good job considering the set backs he's been through. The kid's a gamer and should be rounding into form in a couple months.

this weekend was a good series in terms of WCHA against CCHA. I have to hand it to CCHA programs; they don't back down from these hard matchups. I like their "anytime, anywhere" attitude.
Yeah I have heard rumblings even from Sioux fans that Genoway should maybe sit a game or 2. Believe me I get in their face and let them know they don't have a clue. He has had his ups and downs and I expected that. I mean for one thing he is lucky to be still playing and like you said Rabid in a couple months he will be back to his Hobey candidate form. Last nite he got caught flat footed a bit on his blue line and the Irish player blew by him pretty good. Chay is a true captain and took the blame and punished himself after the game. Safe to say he plays for the name on the front of his jersey not the one on his back.

Old
11-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Dakota Sioux

The Sioux by far have had the toughest schedule in the counrty to date. It's not even close. With the way they crank it up after xmas and their shedule being easier I like their chances at another great run.

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/krach/

Old
12-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Dakota Sioux

Looking forward to seeing this kid in a UND jersey nextv year.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=544782

Old
12-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Dakota Sioux

Looks like Lee will start in the net for the Huskies tonite against the Sioux despite his poor performances against them last year. Doesn't seem to concern Motzko.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/185520/

Old
12-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Looks like Lee will start in the net for the Huskies tonite against the Sioux despite his poor performances against them last year. Doesn't seem to concern Motzko.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/185520/
He shouldn't be worried about it. The team in front of him is who needs to pick it up.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
He shouldn't be worried about it. The team in front of him is who needs to pick it up.
If Lee survives he first period tonite he will be fine but 2 or 3 get by him and expect the hook come the 2nd.

Old
12-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Dakota Sioux

Malone is the man tonite with 2 goals. Dell played well between the pipes again for the Sioux as was Lee for the Huskies. Not the most crisp game I have seen but 2 points is 2 points. Sioux only had 1 penalty in the entire game compared to 4 for SCSU.

Old
12-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Rabid Husky

Your seniors stepped up, now ours need to. Hello, earth to Roe and Mosey, wake up please!

Old
12-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Bills09

anyone give me a report on Frattin or Knight

Old
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
puckguy11
This Space for Rent

vCash: 774
Quote:
Your seniors stepped up, now ours need to. Hello, earth to Roe and Mosey, wake up please!
IMO, Roe not playing up to his potential is why the Huskies aren't up to snuff this year. I had them in the top 3 in the WCHA, but they've played far from it.

Old
12-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Rabid Husky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckguy11 View Post
IMO, Roe not playing up to his potential is why the Huskies aren't up to snuff this year. I had them in the top 3 in the WCHA, but they've played far from it.
It's not just Roe, but he's a part of it. Mosey is in there as is the defense as a whole. The giveaways from these guys on a nightly basis as well as the effort has been terrible for most of the season.

Old
12-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
It's not just Roe, but he's a part of it. Mosey is in there as is the defense as a whole. The giveaways from these guys on a nightly basis as well as the effort has been terrible for most of the season.
Noone has replaced Raboins leadership in my book.

I'm off to the Ralph for some more old time Fighting Sioux hockey.

Old
12-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Dakota Sioux

Men against a bunch of uninspired boys tonite. Thank you puppies for the sweep.

Last edited by Dakota Sioux: 12-05-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old
12-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
anyone give me a report on Frattin or Knight
Frattin is going to be a pretty damn good NHL player down the road.His shot is already there and he is very strong on his skates. He likes to mix it up too.Knight is just starting to come into his own. I believe he scored his 9th goal of the year last nite and that is more than I expected at this point of the season. Nothing fancy he is just steady.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Dakota Sioux

Jesse Martin is one of the classiest kids around.So glad to see that he is doing better than expected.
http://www.uscho.com/2010/11/17/dus-...net-right-now/

Old
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Dakota Sioux

Forbort and Nelson plus Sioux recruit Grimaldi make preliminary World Junior roster.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...CLID=205043603

Old
12-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux get a verbal commit from 15 year Charlie Pelnik from of all places North Carolina. He is already 6'4" and 183 pounds. He visited Minny,bucky,Irish,Mich,BU,Merrimack,and Northeatsern but loved the coaches at UND. As of now he would join the team in 13'.

Old
12-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux play half assed last nite but still manage a 4-3 win over the landcows. Regardless of the outcome tonite this will be Hakstols best 1st half start in his 7 years as head coach. And their schedule has been the toughest in the nation by far and gets much easier after the first of the year. I like their chances.

Old
12-11-2010, 09:06 AM
RabidBadger

Quote:
Sioux get a verbal commit from 15 year Charlie Pelnik from of all places North Carolina. He is already 6'4" and 183 pounds. He visited Minny,bucky,Irish,Mich,BU,Merrimack,and Northeatsern but loved the coaches at UND. As of now he would join the team in 13'.
Now that's recruiting! Way to dig into the untapped market of the Tar Heel State. I can't begin to imagine where the kid might be playing for development. but hey, former WJC player Patrick O'Sullivan is from NC so there must some decent youth leagues down here.

Old
12-11-2010, 03:17 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Sioux didn't play great last night, but still got the win.

Can't wait to be back at the ralph next saturday..

Old
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux didn't play their best hockey but good enough for a sweep of the Mavericks.They will go into the second half of the season in first place and with their second half schedule a little easier than the first I can see them staying there.

Old
12-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Dakota Sioux

With the Fargo Force beating the USA U18 team last nite 6-1 I would have to think the Sioux should have no problem tonite with them.To bad Grimaldi won't be playing as he is trying to make the World Junior team.

Old
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Dakota Sioux

Frattin leads the WCHA in goals and has been a complete 2 way player the first half yet INCH leaves him of the mid season team. Unbelievable.
http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...cha_midseason/

Closed Thread