HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2011, 12:04 PM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 500
3 point week end for the Minnesots Golden Gophers.

This is just the way this series works. Its also how the gophers work. We can beat UMD and MI but cannot beat Lakeland Dental Academy or Hennipen Tech.

If we do not get 3. We will be out scored 10-3. That is also how the gophers work.

Old
01-14-2011, 01:38 PM
sfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
This is just the way this series works. Its also how the gophers work. We can beat UMD and MI but cannot beat Lakeland Dental Academy or Hennipen Tech.

If we do not get 3. We will be out scored 10-3. That is also how the gophers work.
Seriously?

Old
01-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post

Wouldn't be shocked with a split but would be very surprised if the goofs get 3. With that said its a 4 point weekend for da Sioux.

Old
01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

What a hell of a game.Patterson is the real deal. Goofs never backed down and went toe to toe with the Sioux. Going to be a battle tomorrow nite.I expect the Sioux to come out a hell of alot better than they did in the first period tonite. Can't wait to get in my seat at the Ralph with a cold Leinie to watch another epic Sioux/Goofer game.

Old
01-15-2011, 12:45 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Good game by the Gophers. Sioux looked like them came out slow, didn't move their feet for the majority of the game, and were fighting the puck. Patterson is a good goalie, but the Sioux need to move the puck a lot better and get traffic in front of him to score. Hextall with 3 stupid penalties that hurt. The Sioux pp looked good in the 2nd and 3rd, so hopefully that carries over to tonight. I'm thinkin UND comes out hot right away in the black uni's and take it to em. I think there will be some ugly UND goals tonight, they dominated the front of the net last night, so I would just tell them to throw the puck at the net and crash for rebounds.

Here's the hit and scrap from last night if you haven't seen it. At first I thought it looked like boarding, but now that I see the replay, I think good non-call. Wehrs is going to get seriously hurt if he doesn't stop skating around the net with his head down.

Old
01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

of all the teams to cut our streak.....had to be the DAMN GOPHERS

Old
01-16-2011, 03:57 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
The goofups

How's holy cross treating you? You were spanked tonight by a superior sioux team. You're not ranked, your best player got owned by a moped. Barriball goes around acting all tufffff crosschecking people from behind, then when rodwell lays a shoulder into him he goes flopping to the ground. And don't even get me started on cepis. Puzzy d-bag. I would pick cepis up and rock him like a baby. Elbows chay and then when people come after him he goes running. hack.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
The goofups

How's holy cross treating you? You were spanked tonight by a superior sioux team. You're not ranked, your best player got owned by a moped. Barriball goes around acting all tufffff crosschecking people from behind, then when rodwell lays a shoulder into him he goes flopping to the ground. And don't even get me started on cepis. Puzzy d-bag. I would pick cepis up and rock him like a baby. Elbows chay and then when people come after him he goes running. hack.
After watching Cepis live last nite he is my most hated player. Frickin punk. Didn't realize he was that small. If he ever was man enough to go one on one face to face with a Sioux player or any other player for that matter he would get rocked. Always doin crap from behind. He has great energy and is a pretty damn good player but the shyt he does and then hides ruins it.

Great game last nite and the Ralph was rockin. Did not see any confrontations between Sioux and Goofer fans. Good to see. Genoway is a genious with the puck. Fun to watch and I am happy as hell he came back.The defense manhandles their forwads the entire nite.Dell maybe had to make a handful of somewhat difficult saves and left no rebounds.First goal was a fluke but I loved the way the Sioux responded.Trupp with a no doubter a half a minute later.Nice to see Kristo get a gritty goal. He still doesn't pass enough in my opinion. All in all the Sioux dominated and looked like a top 5 team.Now the Blazer comes to town with his UNO team and I will be there for the saturday tilt.

Old
01-16-2011, 02:37 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
After watching Cepis live last nite he is my most hated player. Frickin punk. Didn't realize he was that small. If he ever was man enough to go one on one face to face with a Sioux player or any other player for that matter he would get rocked. Always doin crap from behind. He has great energy and is a pretty damn good player but the shyt he does and then hides ruins it.

Great game last nite and the Ralph was rockin. Did not see any confrontations between Sioux and Goofer fans. Good to see. Genoway is a genious with the puck. Fun to watch and I am happy as hell he came back.The defense manhandles their forwads the entire nite.Dell maybe had to make a handful of somewhat difficult saves and left no rebounds.First goal was a fluke but I loved the way the Sioux responded.Trupp with a no doubter a half a minute later.Nice to see Kristo get a gritty goal. He still doesn't pass enough in my opinion. All in all the Sioux dominated and looked like a top 5 team.Now the Blazer comes to town with his UNO team and I will be there for the saturday tilt.
Agree with everything. What a great win after a lackluster performance on fri night..

Old
01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Well it looks like there is another series that is tough to get a ticket for and that is Blaisers UNO team. Both games this weekend are soldout and tickets are going for a pretty good price. Nothing compared to when the gophers are in town but still some are going for double their face value. Should be a great atmosphere at the Ralph again and I'm sure Dean will get a damn good ovation when his name is announced. I'm headin up for saturdays game.

Old
01-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

UNO comes into Grand Forks and puts a pounding on the Sioux 8-4. Most goals an opposing team has ever scored at the new Ralph. The Sioux were down 7-1 going intio the third so it was nice to see them come back a bit and show some pride. I fully expect a different outcome tonite. I will be there.

Old
01-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Nice comeback win by the Sioux tonite although it took them 53 minutes before they could muster any offense. Sioux score all 4 goals in the last 7 minutes of the game. Sioux were down 1-0 halfway through the 3rd when Dell made a game saving save on a 2 on 1 by the Mavs.They score there and I think the Sioux walk away being swept. Gregoire with 2 tonite with Kristo and Trupp adding the other 2.

Old
01-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

This is pretty cool.From the Sioux/Gopher weekend.
http://vimeo.com/19074170

Old
01-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

UND released news on academic performances for all sports. In the fall semester, 20 of the 26 players on the menís hockey roster made the honor roll, including Hobey candidates Chay Genoway and Matt Frattin.

Old
01-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

I can just feel all of the love on this board when it comes to the Sioux/Gophers discussions.

But the Gophers are not this weekend's opponents, it's CC and in the 'Springs. I'm looking forward to watching this series. While I think UND should gain at least a split, I wouldn't take CC lightly. If they get on a roll, they could be dangerous. Bad news for the Tigers is Jaden Schwartz is still out. But they have had several guys picking up the slack, like Tyler Johnson and Steven Schultz. I don't see this series being as nasty as the one vs. UNO last weekend (or the Gophers on ANY weekend!), but it should be fun to watch.

Old
01-28-2011, 04:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
UND released news on academic performances for all sports. In the fall semester, 20 of the 26 players on the menís hockey roster made the honor roll, including Hobey candidates Chay Genoway and Matt Frattin.
is it on their website? would like to see if Kristo or Cichy made it.

Old
01-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

CC took it to the Sioux last nite 4-2. The Sioux have now allowed the first goal in a game in the last 5 and the first 2 in the last 3 of 5. Tough to win games when you are playing catch up right from the start. Howe stood on his head last nite for CC making big save after big save. Gregoire finally broke the ice when the Sioux were down 2 men.It was a thing of beauty.He also had the 2nd goal.
Genoway went down in a heap from a clean hit behind the net and it appeared his left knee got twisted akwardly.From the expression on his face while he was laying on the ice I'm guessing it could be serious. No word yet on the extent of the injury but he has been ruled out for tonite.Good thing the Sioux have a bye next weekend. They obviously need to suck it up tonite and find a way to get a split without him.

Old
01-29-2011, 10:35 AM
RabidBadger

I think I know why NoDak lost last night; according to the write up at CHN they were simultaneously playing Notre Dame and CC. I'll a cut and paste part of the write up, the whole writing debacle can be read under the "schedule/results" section at College Hockey News. I know these guys aren't pros like us at hockey writing, but I don't think anyone on these boards mentioned the wrong team while talking about a game.

"A thoroughly phenomenal hockey game, with the best of college hockey on display in this one in front of a packed house in South Bend and a national TV audience. The first period had just one goal, by North Dakota, but consisted of spirited play, hard hits, and many scoring chances. Then, these two high-powered teams exploded in the second period, kicked off by Reilly Smith's 17th of the year..."

Old
01-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
I think I know why NoDak lost last night; according to the write up at CHN they were simultaneously playing Notre Dame and CC. I'll a cut and paste part of the write up, the whole writing debacle can be read under the "schedule/results" section at College Hockey News. I know these guys aren't pros like us at hockey writing, but I don't think anyone on these boards mentioned the wrong team while talking about a game.

"A thoroughly phenomenal hockey game, with the best of college hockey on display in this one in front of a packed house in South Bend and a national TV audience. The first period had just one goal, by North Dakota, but consisted of spirited play, hard hits, and many scoring chances. Then, these two high-powered teams exploded in the second period, kicked off by Reilly Smith's 17th of the year..."
All I can do is

Old
01-29-2011, 09:21 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Hey Sioux fans/students, I was wondering if it were possible to get a black Toews #9 jersey at the UND Bookstore, and how much it'd cost.

Old
01-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
Hey Sioux fans/students, I was wondering if it were possible to get a black Toews #9 jersey at the UND Bookstore, and how much it'd cost.
Chances are not good to tell ya the truth. I have yet to see one for sale anywhere.

Old
01-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Not only did the Sioux gain a split but they did it in dominating style in the order of a 6-0 thumping. They are now 25-1-2 in their black jerseys. Hell I say throw the other ones away and wear those exclusively. Looks like they did quite alright without their captain in the lineup.

Old
01-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Good on Dell getting his 4th shutout last night, something only Goehring, Lamoureax, and Parise had done in previous seasons. wow

Old
01-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

The Sioux have scored 14 consecutive goals in the black jerseys and haven't given up a goal in 164:51 while wearing them.Unfricknbelievable.

Old
01-30-2011, 01:27 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Chances are not good to tell ya the truth. I have yet to see one for sale anywhere.
Is it possible to have them customize a blank one for me?

Closed Thread