HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Didn't catch last night's game but did see the horrible performance of Friday's game. Here are some of my personal thoughts/observations, please feel free to comment.

First, it was huge blow to lose Chay and hopefully he won't be out too long. Also, I noticed that Dillon Simpson didn't make the trip to the 'Springs due to being under the weather. Fortunately, the Sioux have next week off and may be able to get one or (hopefully) both back for the Anchorage series in two weeks.

Second, someone needs to send Brett Hextall a memo that says "taking too many bad penalties can be costly." In the last several weeks, I cannot tell you all how many times I've seen him take the so-called "dumb penalties". Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he's playing with some fire out there, but he just needs to be a bit smarter (or disciplined, take your pick) about it.

Third, this was perhaps the worst game that I think I've seen Derek Forbort play all year and I've seen quite a few Sioux games this season. He was out of position alot and turning over the puck way too much. Forbort is a MUCH better player than he was showing on Friday, but after watching that game, you'd never know it. (Pardon me for being so harsh)

Finally, one player that has been terrific since coming back (from injury) has been Jason Gregoire. He hasn't missed a beat and looks better than ever.

Old
01-31-2011, 06:31 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 787
Fellow Sioux fan here, just popping my head in to say hey. Haven't gotten to see many of their games this year, as they are rarely televised here in CO. I watched the recent Minnesota weekend, man Friday was a bust, but Saturday night they looked great.

Anyways, go Sioux!

Old
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Still no word on Genoway and the extent of his injury. Don't like it when they are quiet about it,usually isn't good news.Hope I am wrong.

Old
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

My good source in EGF has informed me that a rumor is going around that Kristo was found in a snowbank last nite passed out and was flown to the Twin Cities with extreme frostbite. I went over to ss.com and they are just saying there is a rumor about him nothing about what I just said. Time will tell.

Old
02-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Dakota:

It's not a rumor.

Jayson Hajdu just sent it out in a press release that Kristo does have frostbite and is out indefinitely. He was flown to St. Paul as a precautionary measure.

Old
02-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Kristo was not passed out but from what I was told but lost his shoes in a snowbank and continued walking.It was -20 and windy that nite so frostbite wouldn't take long.I was told they were able to save his toes yesterday and it will be a long recovery. News will come out today I'm sure.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:18 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Kristo was not passed out but from what I was told but lost his shoes in a snowbank and continued walking.It was -20 and windy that nite so frostbite wouldn't take long.I was told they were able to save his toes yesterday and it will be a long recovery. News will come out today I'm sure.
Frostbite is a goofy thing. I work at HCMC and see it alot this time of year. He may pop up in a few days or months. Depending on depth, if the amputate, swelling, nerve damage, if there is pysical therapy involved. They do dressin chages several times a day to once a day. YOu reallly do not need your little four toes, just a pad there. The big toe is a must. Thats for walking and running. No idea on skating. To put pressure on the area is pain full.

Lets hope its a slight case and more like a bad sun burn.

Last edited by MN_Gopher: 02-02-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old
02-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Looks like Genoway will be out for 3-5 weeks. He will definitely be out for the Anchorage series and probably the SCSU one also. He will be back for sure though for the first round of the playoffs. Good news.

Old
02-05-2011, 08:11 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I have numerous friends at UND telling me he was drinking too much that night.

Wouldn't surprise me..

It'll come out eventually. Just like oshie in the elevator and finley/frattin deciding that columbia is a better place for their dishes

Old
02-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I have numerous friends at UND telling me he was drinking too much that night.

Wouldn't surprise me..

It'll come out eventually. Just like oshie in the elevator and finley/frattin deciding that columbia is a better place for their dishes
To do what he did something has to be up. We North Dakotans aren't that naive.

Old
02-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Well the Sioux get the slow,lumbering,trap happy seapups at the Ralph this weekend. There style of hockey drives me nuts but not to the point where I won't head up to the palace on the prairie on saturday and watch the Sioux dismantle them. It will be a beer heavy nite thats the only way I can watch them. But hey I like beer so no problem.

Old
02-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Well the Sioux get the slow,lumbering,trap happy seapups at the Ralph this weekend. There style of hockey drives me nuts but not to the point where I won't head up to the palace on the prairie on saturday and watch the Sioux dismantle them. It will be a beer heavy nite thats the only way I can watch them. But hey I like beer so no problem.
Heh...

You know in the past I would actually agree with you, but I think UAA is a better team this season and certainly worth watching (sober or not). They're tied with CC for sixth in the standings and have fared well against other WCHA opponents this year. They've already posted wins over CC, Wisconsin, Bemidji, St. Cloud and your OTHER favorite team...the Gophers. Plus they've posted ties with Mankato and DU.

...and if you remember way back in October, the Sioux also skated to a 5-5 tie with them up in Anchorage in the Kendall Classic.

Old
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick View Post
Heh...

You know in the past I would actually agree with you, but I think UAA is a better team this season and certainly worth watching (sober or not). They're tied with CC for sixth in the standings and have fared well against other WCHA opponents this year. They've already posted wins over CC, Wisconsin, Bemidji, St. Cloud and your OTHER favorite team...the Gophers. Plus they've posted ties with Mankato and DU.

...and if you remember way back in October, the Sioux also skated to a 5-5 tie with them up in Anchorage in the Kendall Classic.
Oh I remember.The Sioux blew a 5-1 lead. How could I forget. You are right they are a better team this year and probably don't run the trap like they use to but I will still drink my share of beers at the Ralph saturday nite.

Old
02-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Looks like Taylor Dicken will make his debut for the Sioux this weekend against AA.

Old
02-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Seapups go down without a bark 6-1. Be there for the game tomorrow nite and no I'm not saying it.

Old
02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Seapups go down without a bark 6-1. Be there for the game tomorrow nite and no I'm not saying it.

At least they won the friday night game for the first time in a few weeks..

Old
02-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post

At least they won the friday night game for the first time in a few weeks..
Men against boys this weekend as the Sioux outscore the pups 9-2 and outshoot them 78-40 for the Siouxweep.First place back where it belongs.

Old
02-13-2011, 11:29 AM
hattrick3518

vCash: 787
UND up DU down, good weekend!

Old
02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Hak has now gone 7 straight seasons with 20 plus wins. Only Gino has more at 13 straight seasons. If the Sioux don't win it all this year the ol' fire Hak chants will be heard again. Whatever.

Old
02-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

how did Dicken look? where did they play him?

Old
02-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Skinner View Post
how did Dicken look? where did they play him?
He played wing on the third line.He looked alright for his first time playing D1 hockey. Nothing fancy and he didn't make any foolish mistakes. All in all I would say he had a good first weekend with the Sioux and only see him getting more comfortable as the season goes on.

Old
02-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

The Sioux are 0-7-3 in their last 10 friday nite tilts at the cement center in St.Cloud. That trend changes tomorrow nite.

Old
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
The Sioux are 0-7-3 in their last 10 friday nite tilts at the cement center in St.Cloud. That trend changes tomorrow nite.
No. It really doesn't.

Old
02-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Fat Elvis

How has Forbort looked lately?

Old
02-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Dakota Sioux
Fear the Ear!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
How has Forbort looked lately?
Forbort started out really good for a freshy then after he got back from the World Juniors he had a bad stretch of about 6 games. He actually looked like a freshman making freshman mistakes but now the last 3 weeks he is looking good again.Just a steady stay at home type of D.

Closed Thread