HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
whats up with kristo ? 3 assist in 7 gm... last yr had close to a ppg. stats don't tell the whole story but would like to know how he's playing

could anyone talk about Dillon Simpson ? scored his 1st goal last night. he was pretty hyped in western canada last year. must be the youngest defensemen in the ncaa this season (93s)

Kristo just isn't the same player as he was last year thus far.He isn't crashing the net or taking shots when he should at all.On the powerplay where he plays point at times he is taking shots but at the wrong time when a defender is right in front of him and his shots get blocked.Happened at least 3 times last night.Not sure if the minor in possession charge he had before the season started is affecting him or what but I expect him to snap out of it sooner than later.

Simpson looked really good last nite.He jumped into play at the right times and played back when he needed to.Not sure why he didn't play in the 3rd period much but maybe he was nicked up or something.I expect he will get alot more ice time coming up.

Old
10-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Uh, Marvin's not a scorer, never has been.
Classy post, seriously. Get over it.
Tough to get over a hit that was intent to injure.And noone can tell me it wasn't. I just don't care for the man and I'm really surprised he didn't turn pro. I have moved on and the main thing Chay is back playing.

Old
10-30-2010, 05:25 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Yeah, that great playmaker marvin. Give him the Hobey now, this dude's legit.

1 pt in 6 games. Atta boy..

I will never get over a hit that gutless rat threw. Never, so quit wasting your time and move on...He made his own bed, now it's time to lay in it.
Not a playmaker either, but keep obsessing. I'm not the one who has to move on. Guess I know who to have on ignore when we play the Sioux.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux ran into a hot goalie last nite and end up on the short end of a 3-0 score.Sioux outplayed the PIioneers pretty much throughout the nite but got nothing to show for it. Not to worried about it as long as it doesn't become a trend.They get thown right back into the fie next weekend with Duluth coming to town.
Here is the Malone put on Martin in the 2nd period.Malone got a 5 minute major and a game DQ.Lokks to me like Martin had his head down and bad things happen when you do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW45WGLt_BI

Old
10-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Dakota Sioux

Prayers go out to Jesse Martin of Denver.
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16484927

Old
10-31-2010, 04:56 PM
mfurta15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Nice win by the Sioux last nite. Came out of the gate a bit slow but then really dominated in the 2nd allowing only one shot on net by the Pioneers. Dell was in net and stopped 17 shots but let in a weak one that should never have been scored.Interesting to see who is in net tonite as both goalies have struggled thus far this year.What the most astonishing stat of the nite was the fact the Sioux only had 1 penalty on the nite after incurring 19 out in Maine last weekend.The refs let the boys play and that is the way it should be.Hoping for a sweep tonite and I will be there with beer in hand.
Dakota-- was Kristo drafted by a canadien junior team? he looks dis-interested

Old
10-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurta15 View Post
Dakota-- was Kristo drafted by a canadien junior team? he looks dis-interested
He is probably pouting because he is on the 3rd and sometimes 4th line. Suck it up and get back to playing the way he was last year. I watched him closely this weekend and he just isn't making the right decisions right now.He could of netted his first goal last nite had he not been hooked before shooting.Could of been a penalty shot in my book.

Old
10-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Rabid Husky

Quote:
Sioux ran into a hot goalie last nite and end up on the short end of a 3-0 score.Sioux outplayed the PIioneers pretty much throughout the nite but got nothing to show for it. Not to worried about it as long as it doesn't become a trend.They get thown right back into the fie next weekend with Duluth coming to town.
Here is the Malone put on Martin in the 2nd period.Malone got a 5 minute major and a game DQ.Lokks to me like Martin had his head down and bad things happen when you do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW45WGLt_BI
Yeah, you can say bad things happen, but that's a bad hit.
3 breaks in the kids neck?
He'd better be suspended for that.

Old
10-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Yeah, you can say bad things happen, but that's a bad hit.
3 breaks in the kids neck?
He'd better be suspended for that.
And why is it a bad hit? Did he charge him? No.Did he leave his feet? No. Did he lead with his elbow? No. If he would of gotten up would there have been a penalty? No. Now the bottom line is I hope Jesse recovers fully from the hit.But just because someone gets hurt doesn't mean the hit was illegal. This why you learn from a young age to keep your head up. I have been knocked out more than once back in my day and it was because I had my head down. Part of the game. Every player knows the risk they take once they lace em up and hit the ice. Again my prayers go out to Mr. Martin.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Rabid Husky

Quote:
And why is it a bad hit? Did he charge him? No.Did he leave his feet? No. Did he lead with his elbow? No. If he would of gotten up would there have been a penalty? No. Now the bottom line is I hope Jesse recovers fully from the hit.But just because someone gets hurt doesn't mean the hit was illegal. This why you learn from a young age to keep your head up. I have been knocked out more than once back in my day and it was because I had my head down. Part of the game. Every player knows the risk they take once they lace em up and hit the ice. Again my prayers go out to Mr. Martin.
Absolutely that's a charge, his feet are moving before and during the hit. You can't tell me he was gliding. He also hit him in the head, if the WCHA is serious about cracking down, that's a suspension. I don't care if his head is down or not, (and personally I think he was stumbling, so the "keep your head up" doesn't fly with me either) you can't hit the guy in the head.

Old
10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Absolutely that's a charge, his feet are moving before and during the hit. You can't tell me he was gliding. He also hit him in the head, if the WCHA is serious about cracking down, that's a suspension. I don't care if his head is down or not, (and personally I think he was stumbling, so the "keep your head up" doesn't fly with me either) you can't hit the guy in the head.
I said my peace. My prayers go out to Jesse.

I mean you and I argued about the Marvin cheapshot so we might as well end it here.Nothing will get solved because I do respect your comments.

Old
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
RabidBadger

I'll call this one like I see it: Martin ducked down after making the pass. Being that low is what likely caused him to get injured. I'm not playing the "keep your head up" card in any way in stating that. I thought Malone came in high with an elbow up. I thought he was negligent with his hit, but, it probably wouldn't have had such a bad result if Martin was up higher. It seemed like Martin's positioning was unexpected. If you go through the frames it the hit takes place in less than a second. Maybe Malone could have adjusted but he should have led with his arm tucked IMO. To me this situation was a combination of bad judgement and bad luck.

Martin called Malone and said there was no ill will, by the way. Hopefully Martin recovers soon. He's a good player and a good kid by all accounts.

Old
11-02-2010, 02:12 AM
sbkbghockey

First: thoughts and prayers go out to Martin for a speedy recovery!

The hit may have been a charge, although I'm not sure where Malone is coming from. My initial thoughts was that he was basically stepping up from the Blue line, but I haven't found any video of where exactly or how far he came from. The other thing is fames that show the hit, Malone’s feet are not moving, he’s coming in fast and hard but not continuing to accelerate (deliberate charging or intent to injure)

Slowing the actual hit down Malone kept his arms and elbow close to his body, knees slightly bent, and led with his shoulder (textbook hitting). While Malone was lining up the hit Martin looks to the side (another Sioux player was off to his left and trailing a bit) as he eyes the Sioux player he starts to lose the puck and leans over more and extends his stick more to keep control of it. As he does that he looks down at the puck. The BAM Malone!! It's hard to say exactly where Malone came into contact with Martin, it doesn't look direct head contact but it does look more like somewhere in the neck shoulder area. Martin goes flying backwards and it looks like his head may have hit/scraped along the boards and definitely then his head hits the ice when he lands. So it tough to say exactly what thing caused the damage or if all three (two for sure) impacts caused it.

Hopefully Malone won’t get too tough if any of a suspension. Even coach G said he didn’t think it was dirty. After slowing down the replay and game action I agree, Malone’s feet weren’t moving (although he came from some distance), led with his shoulder and doesn't appear to be directly to Martin’s head.

The NHL’s focus on blindside hits is something I’d like to see all of hockey focus on cutting down. As a hockey player myself and fan I'd like college hockey’s focus more on blindside and hits from behind rather than just a blanket term- "hits to the head". In this type of situation I’d like to see college hockey give some responsibility for players to keep their heads up and aware of their surroundings. (what you’re supposed to do anyway.) I find it hard to punish one player for another's mistake. Also as both a hockey fan and player I don't like that there was absolutely no call on the play until a discussion the refs had in the extended break while medical staff was tending to Martin on the ice.

Old
11-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkbghockey View Post
First: thoughts and prayers go out to Martin for a speedy recovery!

The hit may have been a charge, although I'm not sure where Malone is coming from. My initial thoughts was that he was basically stepping up from the Blue line, but I haven't found any video of where exactly or how far he came from. The other thing is fames that show the hit, Malone’s feet are not moving, he’s coming in fast and hard but not continuing to accelerate (deliberate charging or intent to injure)

Slowing the actual hit down Malone kept his arms and elbow close to his body, knees slightly bent, and led with his shoulder (textbook hitting). While Malone was lining up the hit Martin looks to the side (another Sioux player was off to his left and trailing a bit) as he eyes the Sioux player he starts to lose the puck and leans over more and extends his stick more to keep control of it. As he does that he looks down at the puck. The BAM Malone!! It's hard to say exactly where Malone came into contact with Martin, it doesn't look direct head contact but it does look more like somewhere in the neck shoulder area. Martin goes flying backwards and it looks like his head may have hit/scraped along the boards and definitely then his head hits the ice when he lands. So it tough to say exactly what thing caused the damage or if all three (two for sure) impacts caused it.

Hopefully Malone won’t get too tough if any of a suspension. Even coach G said he didn’t think it was dirty. After slowing down the replay and game action I agree, Malone’s feet weren’t moving (although he came from some distance), led with his shoulder and doesn't appear to be directly to Martin’s head.

The NHL’s focus on blindside hits is something I’d like to see all of hockey focus on cutting down. As a hockey player myself and fan I'd like college hockey’s focus more on blindside and hits from behind rather than just a blanket term- "hits to the head". In this type of situation I’d like to see college hockey give some responsibility for players to keep their heads up and aware of their surroundings. (what you’re supposed to do anyway.) I find it hard to punish one player for another's mistake. Also as both a hockey fan and player I don't like that there was absolutely no call on the play until a discussion the refs had in the extended break while medical staff was tending to Martin on the ice.
Good news is Jesse Martin has feeling in his entire body.Far from out of the woods but he is heading into the right direction.He is one classy kid for what he did with Malone and calling him saying there are no hard feelings.From my sources up in Grand Forks Brad is having a hard time with this.

Martin's teammate Kyle Ostrow was on the ice when the hit happened.

"There was no intent to injury. He was just in a vulnerable position, and ended up catching him in the head," Ostrow said.

Old
11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Dakota Sioux

MADISON, Wis. The Western Collegiate Hockey Association today (Nov. 4, 2010) announced a one-game suspension to University of North Dakota hockey player Brad Malone for his actions in the October 30 game vs the University of Denver.

Malone's suspension was determined after a review of the incident under the WCHA's Supplementary Discipline Policy and Procedures. At the time of the incident, he was assessed a 5:00-minute major penalty for charging and a 10:00-minute game misconduct.

Malone will be required to serve this one-game suspension in his team's next regularly scheduled game on Friday, November 5 vs the University of Minnesota Duluth.

Old
11-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Dakota Sioux

I bragged before the season started how deep this Sioux team is. We shall find out tonite as 4 regulars will be out.Malone obviously will miss tonights game as he was suspended for a clean hit and MacWilliam.Forbort,and Rowney will be out for the weekend. BTW Rowney took an elbow to the head against Denver last friday that resulted in a 2 minute elbow penalty. Where is the suspension for that as that is the reason he is will miss 3 games and maybe longer.

Old
11-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Dakota Sioux

There will be a huge get well card for Jesse Martin at the Ralph this weekend for fans to sign.It will be located at the guest services area right behind the Sioux Shop. My son and I will be signing it tonite for sure. Wish him nothing but the best.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:53 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
...Malone obviously will miss tonights game as he was suspended for a clean hit...
Sad situation for Martin but the suspension is total and complete BS!!!

Old
11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
This is the first time I'm getting a look at the Sioux this season. Hopefully they got business taken care of tonight.

Old
11-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
This is the first time I'm getting a look at the Sioux this season. Hopefully they got business taken care of tonight.
And they did.Duluth finally played a legitimate team and it showed. Sioux kept their top line in check until they scored a powerplay goal late in the game.This game showed how deep the Sioux are as they had 4 regulars out. Dell made the saves he had to and I will be surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow nite. I am not predicting anything for tomorrows game as it hasn't worked out real well this year.

Old
11-06-2010, 01:09 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Sioux yeah yeahhhhhhhhh

Old
11-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
Sioux yeah yeahhhhhhhhh
Yeah sioux sioux!!!!!

Old
11-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Dakota Sioux

Jesse Martin was scheduled to have surgery on Friday at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. Instead, he was transferred to Regions Hospital in St. Paul and surgery is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Monday, according to his father.

Prayers go out to this classy kid.

Old
11-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Dakota Sioux

UND Lines
Gregoire - Knight - Hextall
Kristo - Malone - Frattin
Trupp - Nelson - Rodwell
Lamoureux - Cichy - Bruneteau

Blood - Genoway
LaPoint - Marto
Simpson - Gleason

Dell
Eidsness

I predict Kristo gets a goal tonite. He moved up to the 2nd line for the first time and with Malone and Frattin as linemates I like his chances of netting that first one tonite.

Old
11-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Dakota Sioux

UMD wins in overtime and a beautiful by Fontaine from Connolly. Game could of went either way.Kristo still without a goal this year.Had a couple chances tonite.Sioux were not nearly as crisp as they were last nite but then again the Dogs had a lot more energy too.This is going to be one a crazy year in the WCHA.

Closed Thread