HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Kostya Kennedy

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2004, 04:26 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Kostya Kennedy

I don't know if anyone else reads the Yahoo! Sports hockey page regularly, but this Kostya Kennedy character is once again picking the Flyers to lose the series. He has the Bolts winning in six, and claims that TB's d-man corps is superior. He had the Leafs beating the Flyers in 7, and called Toronto the "hungrier" team. If I remember correctly, he also picked the Devils to beat the Flyers, based on the usual "Brodeur is a god/Devils psyche the Flyers out in the playoffs" theory. Maybe I am a little biased, but shouldn't Philly's dispatching of NJ and Toronto have gotten this team a little more credit? It certainly isn't the slow, non-scoring, choke-happy Flyers team of old. I am not saying they should be prohibitive favorites againt TB (they are a fantastic young team, and had our number in the regular season), but this team is deep, hungry, and finally have a legit netminder. Even Barry Melrose said that they will win the cup this year, if Primeau and Esche (in particular) keep up their level of play. This will be Philly's toughest challenge yet, but there is no reason to discount them already.

Old
05-06-2004, 06:10 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Maybe I am a little biased, but shouldn't Philly's dispatching of NJ and Toronto have gotten this team a little more credit?
Nope, every team the Flyers face is "superior" even if we were playing the Mighty Ducks (from the movies) there would be idiot sports writers picking the Flyers to lose, so it doesn't surprise me.

Old
05-06-2004, 06:24 PM
rinkrat13

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89
Nope, every team the Flyers face is "superior" even if we were playing the Mighty Ducks (from the movies) there would be idiot sports writers picking the Flyers to lose, so it doesn't surprise me.
and there are idiot sports writers picking the Flyers to win...
we'll all know in about 2 weeks.

Old
05-07-2004, 02:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I don't know if anyone else reads the Yahoo! Sports hockey page regularly, but this Kostya Kennedy character is once again picking the Flyers to lose the series. He has the Bolts winning in six, and claims that TB's d-man corps is superior. He had the Leafs beating the Flyers in 7, and called Toronto the "hungrier" team. If I remember correctly, he also picked the Devils to beat the Flyers, based on the usual "Brodeur is a god/Devils psyche the Flyers out in the playoffs" theory. Maybe I am a little biased, but shouldn't Philly's dispatching of NJ and Toronto have gotten this team a little more credit? It certainly isn't the slow, non-scoring, choke-happy Flyers team of old. I am not saying they should be prohibitive favorites againt TB (they are a fantastic young team, and had our number in the regular season), but this team is deep, hungry, and finally have a legit netminder. Even Barry Melrose said that they will win the cup this year, if Primeau and Esche (in particular) keep up their level of play. This will be Philly's toughest challenge yet, but there is no reason to discount them already.
personally i like being the underdog. there is no pressure.
the writer for the USAToday picks against the Flyers in every series as well,
It really doesnt bother me. As long as the 20 guys in the Philly lockerroom believe they can win that is good enough for me.

Closed Thread