HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Leiweke interview

Old
04-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Don't you remember Lieweekly saying "Deadmarsh and Allison will be back before Christmas"?

I've met Lieweke on more than one occasion.
I wouldn't believe it was raining if Lieweke told me. Not until I felt the first drop hit me.

I remember... But at the time I don't think anyone really thought that it would be the end of Deadmarsh as a hockey player and the start of the long-pain that was Allison....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 08:11 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
You clearly missed the interview because the interviewer came back and made TL confirm it and that He was positive.
(this being after TL said they would be ready for the regular season after the Kings missed the playoffs)

Your memory aside. TL is called Lie-weekly for a good reason and his track record speaks for itself.

There is also a big difference between hanging on to things and remembering who lied to you and is full or ****. A big difference.
The saying "fool me once....' exists for a reason..

You're confused
He was the mouth piece for the Kings back when FSW had that round table show, and I clearly remember him being asked by Bill McDonald about Deader/Allison, and he said they were ready to go, along with the other stuff about top six forwards. I was insulted everytime he and Taylor tried to convince the fans about Klatt and Rassmussen, like they thought we didn't know the difference between them and a legit top 6 forward. After reading that article, I'm still not convinced that he was not involve at all, like he claims, about the players acquired before DL ( see Carter, Roenick).

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

I had a smile on my face the entire time, not because I necessarily enjoyed the interview but because I know a good sell when I hear or read it. Selling ******** and apologizing for it later with humility and regret, followed by a promise of no **** in the future is the best way to forget you were ever sold ****.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Kinda interesting that he said they would sell part of the team if the right buyer came along...

All in all, a solid read. I've never understood all of the hatred for Tim. He seems like a pretty good guy and it's always been clear to me that he is all about turning this team into a winner and improving our visibility in the LA market.
That's because you're 16 and when much of this happened, you were between 4 and 10. You are 16 right? I didn't mean that as an insult. I was under the impression you were very young.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
yankeeking

Wasnt it Lie weekly that said there were no self imposed salary cap and that we would be as aggressive in getting top players as anyone else,when in reality the Richest owner in all of sports had imposed a cap that didnt give us much of a shot while spending 254 million on his favorite sport to fill a building of what 5-6000....just saying

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:46 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Wasnt it Lie weekly that said there were no self imposed salary cap and that we would be as aggressive in getting top players as anyone else,when in reality the Richest owner in all of sports had imposed a cap that didnt give us much of a shot while spending 254 million on his favorite sport to fill a building of what 5-6000....just saying
Me thinks you got it right. I'd rather buy a used European sports car from a guy in white loafers than have to trust what Lie-Weekly says.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 02:37 AM
yankeeking

With all things considered,at least in my opinion,we are definately going inthe right direction system wise ,from drafting to attempting to sign free agents to contracts that are sensible (see drury,gomez etc) so if we have *****ed about decisions made in the past we also have to give props to the last couple of years. As much as it hurt to lose DT in hindsight it looks like the right decision now and AEG has stepped up with the money to build the scouting depts,minor league teams etc,so with my best cynical smile I enjoyed that article and answers and will remove a couple of pins from my Voodoo doll of Tim Lieweekly for now.

Old
04-17-2010, 05:38 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

people are definately too hard on lieweke. the people who are yelling at him from the games are embarassing idiots. Its that kind of ignorance that makes kings fans look like they know nothing of the game.

And for hte poepple who think Lieweke and Anschultz should spend more on the kings, well guess who's goign to be paying for those costs... that's right us. Everytime you complain that they dont spend enough, you're saying with equal fervor, please raise ticket prices and concession stand prices. I know you guys think that money can just come pouring down from the rich, but it doens't work that way. This is a business people, they can't run off of a losing product. Maybe you guys should go into politics, seems like you'd be in good company where everyone thinks the same way.

At the same time, in the interview, it's obvious he's a salesman. I wouldn't trust a word he says as a friend or as a business associate, but that doens't mean he deserves the treatment kings fans give him.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:17 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
people are definately too hard on lieweke. the people who are yelling at him from the games are embarassing idiots. Its that kind of ignorance that makes kings fans look like they know nothing of the game.

And for hte poepple who think Lieweke and Anschultz should spend more on the kings, well guess who's goign to be paying for those costs... that's right us. Everytime you complain that they dont spend enough, you're saying with equal fervor, please raise ticket prices and concession stand prices. I know you guys think that money can just come pouring down from the rich, but it doens't work that way. This is a business people, they can't run off of a losing product. Maybe you guys should go into politics, seems like you'd be in good company where everyone thinks the same way.

At the same time, in the interview, it's obvious he's a salesman. I wouldn't trust a word he says as a friend or as a business associate, but that doens't mean he deserves the treatment kings fans give him.
Lets get this cleared up:

I don't respect liars. And when you get caught in a lie, you ought to just fess up, not try to wiggle out. That said, you shouldn't lie to your fans, YOUR CUSTOMERS, in the first place. Lie-Weekly earned his nick-name the hard way. Not once or even twice, but over and over and over again. Even you admit, KPD, that you don't trust him.

I'm a big boy, and if I am going to hear bad news, I'd rather just hear it than have it sugar coated or even worse, be lied to. Lie-Weekly got in the habit of avoiding the truth, even when the rest of us confronted him with it plain as day. (and many of us confronted him with it directly).

Are we going in the right direction now? Sure we are, and I've happily eaten my plate of crow (still eating and enjoying it -- the taste grows on you after a while) about DL's decisions (not all good, but the ship ain't sinking anymore and we appear to be moving at almost full steam ahead). Do I give TL credit for that? Minimally, but only for stepping out of the way.

I recall (and believe) that the best thing TL ever did was fire himself, and he should have done it many years earlier. I don't yell at the guy, but have had numerous discussion and traded emails with him for years. Its not his passion I doubt, but his sincerity and credibility, if it can even be said he possesses any small measure of those two traits at all. I don't ever go back to trusting a LIAR. Call it learned experience or just good old common sense.

As for ticket and concession prices, yes they are high, but (for ticket prices) not as high as you might think in relative comaprison to other teams in the league) But, if it means bringing a CUP to LA, I'll pay those higher prices, particularly if not paying those prices means being mirred in mediocrity forever.

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 04-17-2010 at 10:23 AM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:29 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
“We obviously took an enormous amount of flack when we let go of a legend like Dave Taylor and brought Dean in....”
What? I don't recall many complaints.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:50 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post

Actually there aren't as many people who think this way,most happily drink the kool-aid and keep paying for tickets year after year to watch medicraty at work. Like I said we are on the right track now but for the years of 'we will do what necassary to produce a winning team' while capping and tying DT'S hands behind the scenes it will take some time for some of us to trust again.............BUT ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP ITS TIME TO GET READY FOR GAME 2 AND UNITE THE POSITVE KARMA FOR TONIGHT..GO KINGS GO

Old
04-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Howard Roark wrote a nice analysis of it here - http://lakingsnews.com/2010/04/16/an...eke-interview/