HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trading down 1 spot

Old
04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
FunkyChicken
Golden Ticket

vCash: 400
Lucic is being severly undervalued in this thread, likely cause he's recovering from shoulder surgery. A 20 goal, 150 pim, early 20s powerforward who can play on the top two lines. He's exactly what the Oilers need. I really could see a deal like:

1st pick
Penner

for

2nd pick
Lucic

I get the impression from management that they weren't overly impressed with Penner and he is available eventhough he potted 32. Being a scoring starved team, Boston could use Penner's goals. Lucic could be the grit and enforcement part of a Lucic - Gagner - Eberle line. Although Penner likely will be better for the next couple seasons, we're looking for who helps us most 3-4 years down the road.

FunkyChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 08:54 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Only way I take that deal is if there's a salary dump going Boston's way. Lucic is overpaid.

I'm thinking O'Sullivan + Moreau/Nilson

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyChicken View Post
Lucic is being severly undervalued in this thread, likely cause he's recovering from shoulder surgery. A 20 goal, 150 pim, early 20s powerforward who can play on the top two lines. He's exactly what the Oilers need. I really could see a deal like:

1st pick
Penner

for

2nd pick
Lucic

I get the impression from management that they weren't overly impressed with Penner and he is available eventhough he potted 32. Being a scoring starved team, Boston could use Penner's goals. Lucic could be the grit and enforcement part of a Lucic - Gagner - Eberle line. Although Penner likely will be better for the next couple seasons, we're looking for who helps us most 3-4 years down the road.
Lucic aint going anywheres, he is one of boston's untouchables. He had a rough year due to injuries. It actually wasnt a shoulder but a high ankle sprain which he missed a good chunk of time with and is just now returning to form. He is a beast in the playoffs. His intensity carries the bruins when he is on his game, though he does flip his lid once in a while like last night when he attacked Lydman for spearing him. I think boston is content with either Hall or Seguin and will take the one edomonton doesnt select.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
hemskyhemskyhemsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
The Bruins would have interest in Hemsky due to the fact that he has 25+ goal potential and plays right wing but with the injury and the "upside" of Seguin and Hall being higher than Hemsky's I wouldnt think the Bruins would even consider that. Maybe trading the #17 pick for Hemsky would make more sense - certainly not the #2 overall.
This is easily the worst post i've read to date. Hemsky for 17th overall? WHAT!?!

hemskyhemskyhemsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
dookers9

As I'm sure has been mentioned somewhere else in this thread, I'm thinking that the symbolism and significance of the Oilers' having the #1 overall pick - after not only a brutal year, but several underachieving ones - is too much to turn down. I'm thinking that there are a hell of a lot of Oilers fans screaming if Tambo isn't the first GM to take to the podium in June.

That said, I'm not against the scenario of Bettman taking to the podium immediately after Tambellini's made his Seguin/Hall pick in order to announce: "There's been a trade between the Oilers and Bruins that sees the Oilers gain the #2 overall pick for ------".

Can you imagine? I'm trying.

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:49 PM
hemskyhemskyhemsky*

Quote:

1st pick
Penner

for

2nd pick
Lucic

Why do you want Lucic? Instead of looking at the brand name, you've checked out his numbers right? Lucic is nothing more than a physical, overpaid plug.

Old
04-16-2010, 11:24 PM
McAequitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirhead View Post
No! Best possible player. How many times do you think we're going to have the opportunity to draft a franchise player? 17th overall = might not ever see the NHL. You'd squander a franchise player for a raffle ticket? I'm glad most of you posters are not running this team. Hall will be an Oiler, book it.
did you miss the part where we swap first rounders? We take seguin they take hall and in payment for us letting them grab hall we get their first rounder (17th overall) for our 31st overall.

McAequitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
did you miss the part where we swap first rounders? We take seguin they take hall and in payment for us letting them grab hall we get their first rounder (17th overall) for our 31st overall.
I'm against trading down. I want Hall. Why trade down when it was the Oilers that want the lottery. I'll be pissed if they trade down to #2.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 11:26 PM
McAequitas

Quote:

1st pick
Penner

for

2nd pick
Lucic

Penner is a bit older who scores 30+ goals and is a plus 6 on a horrible team. I feel like that is downgrading our at the most sidegrading and then whats the point of that. I prefer penner tbh and I think a horcoff penner hemsky line could do alot of damage.

Old
04-17-2010, 01:00 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyandme View Post
Why do you want Lucic? Instead of looking at the brand name, you've checked out his numbers right? Lucic is nothing more than a physical, overpaid plug.
I see you have never seen Lucic play.

Some in this thread have, and have already said this trade isn't going to happen, so I tip my hat to them. You on the other hand have no clue.

The best chance Boston has at upsetting Buffalo in the 1st round, is Lucic. He causes turnovers like no one else in the game today. If Rask matches Miller, the only chance Boston has is causing turnovers in the offensive zone, that is Lucic's bread and butter. A stat that is not keep.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 03:38 AM
McAequitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I'm against trading down. I want Hall. Why trade down when it was the Oilers that want the lottery. I'll be pissed if they trade down to #2.
Thats an opinion on who to draft. And I fail to see the logic. At the least seguin and halls future are similar for potential (seguin possibly being higher) and yet the difference between the player at 31st and 17th will be much better and then if tambellini has the stones he can possibly turn that into a top 10 with some crazy deal (here is dreaming)

Old
04-17-2010, 03:42 AM
McAequitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post

Some in this thread have, and have already said this trade isn't going to happen, so I tip my hat to them. You on the other hand have no clue.

The best chance Boston has at upsetting Buffalo in the 1st round, is Lucic. He causes turnovers like no one else in the game today. If Rask matches Miller, the only chance Boston has is causing turnovers in the offensive zone, that is Lucic's bread and butter. A stat that is not keep.
Lucic is good I agree but at the same time the proposal was penner for lucic and I don't see how anyone can consider lucic as an upgrade over penner.

Old
04-17-2010, 04:11 AM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
Lucic is good I agree but at the same time the proposal was penner for lucic and I don't see how anyone can consider lucic as an upgrade over penner.
If we are looking to "get bigger" Lucic is the perfect guy, Penner is big but is not in any way the physical package that Lucic are. For god sake Lucic is one of the leagues premier hitters. I can't stop relate Lucic to a forwards version of Dion Phaneuf and he got traded.

To EDM:
Lucic
Ryder
Wideman
2nd Overall

To BOS:
Souray
O'Sullivan
Nilsson
Moreau
1st Overall

M Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 04:23 AM
McAequitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Ace View Post
If we are looking to "get bigger" Lucic is the perfect guy, Penner is big but is not in any way the physical package that Lucic are. For god sake Lucic is one of the leagues premier hitters. I can't stop relate Lucic to a forwards version of Dion Phaneuf and he got traded.

To EDM:
Lucic
Ryder
Wideman
2nd Overall

To BOS:
Souray
O'Sullivan
Nilsson
Moreau
1st Overall
the original trade was penner and 1st for lucic and 2nd. that makes zero sense in my book just because we want to get physical doesn't mean we through away our best goal scorer for a bruiser who playes and awesome 2 way game.

Old
04-17-2010, 04:25 AM
hemskyhemskyhemsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post

Really? 4 million dollars for causing turn overs? You would like to sign Lucic as a top 6 forward who puts up little numbers, hits(which is great..for our bottom six) and causes some turn overs? You can follow a name and hype them up as most people do when they watch hockey(you were probably a huge fan of signing Horcoff to his inflated contract at the time) while only picking out their pros as opposed to being impartial and noting their cons. It all really comes down to this:

Would you trade a player like Hemsky(top 6 player) for someone like Lucic who we could never build anything apon? Similar contracts, easily weighable question.
If you say yes, then this conversation is already completely redundant.

Edit: I chose Hemsky over Penner within the comparison as Hemsky is someone who fits our development program(if youknow what it is) to a "T". Obviously matching Penner, a semi-physical power forward with Lucic would be better. But using a key component as a trade reference seems more appropriate.

Old
04-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Phaedrus

I would like to see Lucic an Oiler... he brings a lot of what the Oilers' need.

But, Penner and Hall for Lucic and Seguin is not happening... and I want to see the Oilers draft Seguin. Consider that Penner for Lucic is a bit of a lopsided trade. That leaves the trade as 1st for 2nd... something additional needs to be added. Penner may have scored quite a few more if Hemsky were around all season - one doesn't trade a potential 40 goal scorer for Lucic... despite how much Boston loves him.

Oilers' first and a player or prospect or additional pick

for

Boston's (TO's) pick and Lucic

This seems to make a little more sense. Then trade Cogliano for Stafford.

Penner Horcoff Hemsky - a 'vet' line

Lucic Gagner Stafford - this would be a fun line to watch, and cause havoc with the other teams

MPS Seguin Eberle - a new kid-line, with protected minutes.

Jones Stone Jacques (if he is healthy) - and a good fourth line, with the potential to score a few goals... and cause some real havoc with other lines.

And of course, the Oilers need a real enforcer.

edit: Acquire Horton as well (Hemsky for Horton) and ice:

Penner Horcoff Horton
Lucic Gagner Stafford

Damn, that would be a fun top six to watch. Albeit, one may need to substitute Seguin for Horcoff, so someone can make the plays.

So:

Penner-Seguin-Horton
Lucic-Gagner-Stafford

The Oilers would have two lines with four of the better/best power forwards in the league (and before you get too critical, I am just having fun with this). Seguin nor Gagner would need to worry about cheap shots, as they both have 400-500 lbs of beef surrounding them.

Dammit Tambellini, get this done.

Last edited by Phaedrus: 04-17-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote