HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Bolts 3-1 l Bolts Lead 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2004, 08:46 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

vCash: 500
That last minute and a half was good comedy and would make a nice video for how not to bring the puck up ice on a PP and then how to dump a puck without a plan while watching the opposition throw it back down. That is not how Hitchcock teams play, that looked like afternoon over 45 hockey.You can bet there will be a different Philly team next game. Dingman's dump was beautiful, after watching some hopeless dumps in this game and in the Canada /Slovak game, that was a thing of beauty. Good for Dingman and Roy.

Old
05-08-2004, 08:55 PM
rwilson99

Top 10 List

Top Ten Reasons the Lightning Stole Game One.

10. Bad Ice
9. Keith Primeau was tripped by Khabibulin
8. Andrechuk's goal really hit the cross bar and never went in
7. Marty St. Louis roughed Primeau... no call
6. Eric Perrin should be in the AHL, no fair calling up players from the minors
5. Khabibulin clearly struck Primeau in the face with his pad, should have been ejected
4. The Lightning don't have enough depth to have 3 lines scoring in one game
3. Dave Andreychuk is ***** old
2. Lightning fans are rude and make up mean chants like Flyers ****
1. The Lightning are neither God, nor the 1980s Edmonton Oilers.

Three Stars:

Andy Habby Richie

Old
05-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Bulrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99

10. Bad Ice
5. Khabibulin clearly struck Primeau in the face with his pad, should have been ejected

Three Stars:

Andy Habby Richie
Also, our Thunderstix are annoying

Old
05-08-2004, 09:07 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

i didnt watch the game, i have it on tape, know the results and everything.

The lightning won a game at home, its that simple. They're the favored team coming into this whole thing, I'm not surprised they won--but it's only one game. It sounds to me like Esche did everything within his reach to keep the Flyers in the game and still ended up with three past him, primarily because of mistakes defensively.

I said the Flyers need to win one of the first two in Tampa. Two chances to win a game, and they didn't do so on the first, not the end of the world. Not a lot of postage from either side. From Tampa--well i notice the home team usually doesn't post as much because a lot of fans are right at the game. From Philly--wow was it nice outside today

Old
05-08-2004, 09:25 PM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Maybe it is his home team. Living in Florida, you should know, a lot of people there aren't from Florida.
Quote:
Yes I do know, I am from Detroit and most of my family still lives up there. If I can favor the local team over the wings.... so can everyone else. Whats the point in a team you like winning the cup if you have no one to one to celebrate it with??? I understand it may take a year or two to change over.... but I know way to many people who have lived here for over 5-7 years and still root on the others up north over their home team (Bolts or not)

I still like the Wings but that is until the play the Bolts. Which is only once a year. In that game, Bolts come first. Gotta support the town that feeds you and provides your company business. If I moved to Philly tomorrow I would be able to switch rather quickly. As I said, its nice to be surrounded with your own fans.
Enough of that....

Any rate, it was a good game and it was good to see the Lightning shake off the rust as quickly as they did. As the commentators said, you all of the sudden noticed them show up. The team defended the goal as if they were all goalies out there.

I can't wait for game 2.

Old
05-08-2004, 09:38 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilson99

10. Bad Ice

Old
05-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Timmy1973

Way to go Dingman!
The Flyers needed to get one or two early to take advantage of Tampa's layoff. They had a couple of good chances but didn't put the puck in. The longer it was 0-0, the more it favored the Lightning.

Old
05-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Maybe it is his home team. Living in Florida, you should know, a lot of people there aren't from Florida.
Home is where the heart is.

Old
05-08-2004, 10:38 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
i didnt watch the game, i have it on tape, know the results and everything.

The lightning won a game at home, its that simple. They're the favored team coming into this whole thing, I'm not surprised they won--but it's only one game. It sounds to me like Esche did everything within his reach to keep the Flyers in the game and still ended up with three past him, primarily because of mistakes defensively.

I said the Flyers need to win one of the first two in Tampa. Two chances to win a game, and they didn't do so on the first, not the end of the world. Not a lot of postage from either side. From Tampa--well i notice the home team usually doesn't post as much because a lot of fans are right at the game. From Philly--wow was it nice outside today
Yeah, the Flyers were VERY sloppy with the puck. Timmander had a sweet assist on the second Tampa goal... I mean lol, he put it right on the guys tape... don't blame Esche for being pissed about it. All in all, you're right... it's a home win. In reality, the Bolts didn't scare me today. They played a good game, and give credit for capitalizing on their chances... but they weren't dominant. It was pretty equal... Tamps pounded home their chances, Philly didn't. Can't wait for game two.

Old
05-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II
Wrong. According to Adam Graves it does. A goal should be disallowed if there is contact with the goalie whether it is accidental or not.

Not when the goalie initiated the contact. Primeau is leaning in the crease and gets tripped with an attempted poke check.

But who cares? I'm more mad a Primeau for being an idiot on the play then the refs for calling it.

2 on 0 and the best the guy can do is stand in the crease and lose the puck.

Old
05-08-2004, 11:26 PM
DARKSIDE

Flyers better win the next one or this series is over, because Tampa won't lose two in Philly. Also, funny how all the Flyer fans are making excuses and crying about not getting respect after only winning two rounds. You want respect, do what the Devils did, make to the finals 4 times in 9 year's and win a few! Go Tampa...Have a house in Clearwater. Also, hope your team goes all the way and enjoy it, becaues the Devils will be back next year.

Old
05-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Hockeyfan02

IMO, the right call was made on the no goal because Khabibulin had no chance to make the 2nd save. Esposito on the radio said it probably would have been a different story if the original shot went in but since it went out to Kapanen the interference had to be called. Lightning didnt look sharp at all in the first period and were lucky to survive it. I thought to myself midway through the period if they survive the first and shake off the rust theyd be fine and they ended up winning. The Lightning defense was awesome today at blocking shots and keeping Philly on the outside. Philly didnt do much in the 3rd period when they had the puck in the offensive zone because they were kept to the outside with the puck and it wasnt getting through to the net. All I heard was about philly crashing the net like no other but I didnt really see it all that much. I rarely saw a body in front of Nik today wearing a white jersey. The Lightning continued to win by what theyve been doing all season forcing turnovers and burying them. Thats what this team does and you cant make mistakes because most of the time they will end up in the back of your net. Modin continued his great playoff run today by being the best Lightning forward on the ice. Lightning held their own in the physical game today and didnt crumble like some thought. Highlight of this was little Marty St. Louis throwing down 6'5 220+ pound Primeau. Good sign of how they arent intimidated by these guys. All in all, I dont think either team came out with their best effort. Lightning looked sloppy and I've seen Philly play much better. Today was a feel each other out game, game 2 should have both clubs bring better efforts.

Old
05-09-2004, 12:17 AM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
Not when the goalie initiated the contact. Primeau is leaning in the crease and gets tripped with an attempted poke check.

But who cares? I'm more mad a Primeau for being an idiot on the play then the refs for calling it.

2 on 0 and the best the guy can do is stand in the crease and lose the puck.
That shows you why he was a bad choice for this years ALL STAR team.

Old
05-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Hoek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
IMO, the right call was made on the no goal because Khabibulin had no chance to make the 2nd save. Esposito on the radio said it probably would have been a different story if the original shot went in but since it went out to Kapanen the interference had to be called.
Exactly. He had no chance at the rebound attempt and you could see the net was left gaping open from one of the pictures I posted. I could have finished it off, and Dingman would have had a 50/50 chance at it..

Old
05-09-2004, 12:42 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
That shows you why he was a bad choice for this years ALL STAR team.
Why? Because he has a bad play that always gets called on us. Gary Roberts did the same thing in Game 6 knocking Esche into his net and Sundin scored on the rebound.

Quote:
You want respect, do what the Devils did, make to the finals 4 times in 9 year's and win a few! Go Tampa...Have a house in Clearwater. Also, hope your team goes all the way and enjoy it, becaues the Devils will be back next year
Stop whining already. God, I am so tired of hearing Devils fans being so crabby about them losing to the Flyers. Get over it.

Quote:

10. Bad Ice
Dramatic much? It's one game, that's all. Damn, by watching the fans today you would think that they already won the Cup. I guess it will be a shock when the Bolts lose their next game.

Old
05-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Netminder35

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8

Dramatic much? It's one game, that's all. Damn, by watching the fans today you would think that they already won the Cup. I guess it will be a shock when the Bolts lose their next game.

Will it Be if the Flyers Lose the Next one

But if that happen's I am sure you can Break out all the Stats and History Card's, like I have seen you do on Lightning Boards

Old
05-09-2004, 09:37 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netminder35
Will it Be if the Flyers Lose the Next one
I thought Tampa was going to win the series even before Game 1, however if the Flyers want to even beleive, they MUST MUST MUST WIN Game 2, because Tampa will win at least one back up here. If Tampa wins Game 2, this series is over.

As for Keith Primeau, it was goalie interference, but it's not anything that ever gets called back anyways so by precident it was a bad call, but by the rule book it was a good call.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
05-09-2004, 11:02 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
As for Keith Primeau, it was goalie interference, but it's not anything that ever gets called back anyways so by precident it was a bad call, but by the rule book it was a good call.
They have been calling goalie interference the whole playoffs so far. It is the one call that has been consistant.

And I do agree that the Lightning will win one on the road. Before people start telling me about how Philly is undefeated at home in the playoffs, please keep in mind that Tampa is undefeated on the road in the playoffs, a much more impressive stat in my book, regardless of who they played.

Old
05-09-2004, 11:14 AM
TBLightningFan

Send a message via AIM to TBLightningFan Send a message via MSN to TBLightningFan
Quote:
Dramatic much? It's one game, that's all. Damn, by watching the fans today you would think that they already won the Cup.
First everyone says our fans suck and aren't dramatic and loud enough. Now we are too dramatic? Puh-lease Can't help but be excited when your team (who everyone writes off) wins their first ECF game.

I am glad that the Team is taking the proper attitude towards it though.. It's just one game.

Old
05-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Donnie D

Quote:
If Tampa wins Game 2, this series is over.
Perhaps growing up in Chicago and living now in Tampa, where if anything can go wrong it will, has made me jaded, but I don't agree with your statement. Philly needs to hold serve and win one in Tampa. Doesn't matter if it is game 1, 2, 5 or 7.

I see game 2 as much more important to Tampa than Philly. A Flyer win gets them exactly what they wanted, a split of the first two games and home ice advantage. Going down 2 - 0 just means that they have to win both games at home, but it isn't a stretch to think that they cannot do exactly that.

Old
05-09-2004, 12:34 PM
gottaluvdabolts

Quote:
I guess it will be a shock when the Bolts lose their next game.
Of course it will be a shock. The ligntning have not lost a playoff game in a long time. 8 straight!

They are expecting to win every night. The fans are starting to expect it too.

Old
05-09-2004, 01:06 PM
NYR Khabby Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaluvdabolts
Of course it will be a shock. The ligntning have not lost a playoff game in a long time. 8 straight!

They are expecting to win every night. The fans are starting to expect it too.
lets go bolts, im a die hard nyr fan, but also a die hard bulin fan... tb is hot now hoping they go all the way

Old
05-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
As far as I know, you cannot impede the goalie's movement in the crease, accidental or not. Primeau was on top of Khabi, therefore giving him no chance at making a save on the second shot. Like someone else pointed out, if Primeau's shot had gone in, it probably would have counted. As for the penalty, I don't care one way or another (the Bolts PP sucks to high heavens half the time), but the goal should not have counted. I've seen them wave off some goals this playoffs but not give the interference penalty.

And as for Khabi "tripping" him, come on, even Primeau didn't use that excuse.

No one has mentioned that very interesting play that JR made where he flipped the puck on goal and followed it in. That was amazing and very nearly worked.

Game 2 should be a better effort from both clubs. The end of the game looked much more like "Lightning Hockey".

Funniest of all was Clement and Davidson's utter SHOCK after the game that the Bolts can play well defensively. You'd swear they've never watched this team before. In summary: "Gee whiz, they really ARE good". Reminded me a lot of people around here who think the Bolts fluked their way to the #1 seed.

Old
05-09-2004, 06:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie D
I see game 2 as much more important to Tampa than Philly. A Flyer win gets them exactly what they wanted, a split of the first two games and home ice advantage. Going down 2 - 0 just means that they have to win both games at home, but it isn't a stretch to think that they cannot do exactly that.

Going down 2-0 means the Flyers have to beat a team 4 times in 5 games. If you count Nikolai Kahbibulin's past 4 losses, #4 was March 20. Not liking my chances if we lose game 2

Old
05-09-2004, 10:17 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Funniest of all was Clement and Davidson's utter SHOCK after the game that the Bolts can play well defensively. You'd swear they've never watched this team before. In summary: "Gee whiz, they really ARE good".
I taped the game and watched it after I got home. Clement is a total embarrassment. I wonder if he wears his Flyers Underoos during the broadcast or if that's frowned upon among supposedly objective TV journalists.

Closed Thread