HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECF: Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning l Bolts 3-1 l Bolts Lead 1-0

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Going down 2-0 means the Flyers have to beat a team 4 times in 5 games. If you count Nikolai Kahbibulin's past 4 losses, #4 was March 20. Not liking my chances if we lose game 2

I like those numbers

Old
05-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
I thought the Flyers played well. They just didn't play well enough. When Chris Dingman outspeeds you to a rebound, something is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Just about everyone involved in hockey employed by ABC or ESPN are complete and utter idiots.

As for the rest of the series, I see game 2 as a game 7 for Philly. I just don't see any team beating the Bolts from down 2-0.

I also don't think Esche played well enough. 3 goals on 17 shots isn't a stellar ratio.

Last edited by Butchered: 05-09-2004 at 10:29 PM. Reason: adding something
Old
05-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Well, the flyers played a good 10 minutes in the first and a good 10 minutes in the 2nd. The rest of the game they just played sloppy. The games in Tampa are going to be low scoring as the ice is a complete joke. They might as well put a layer of snow on it. Teams should just use the glass to clear late in periods as they never have to worry about icing. Tampa converted on their chances, the flyers did not and that's why the game ended up as it was.

Did anyone see what happened on the first Tampa goal? I'm not sure how Johnsson didn't clear the zone, but I heard it may have hit the ref in the back. Anyway, the flyers just turned the puck over too much, Esche didn't make any big saves, and the flyers played pretty poor all in all. However, watching this game has made me very optomistic for the rest of the series.

I wonder what the ice crew did different at the 2nd game since i havnt heard of a major change in the system used for ice. Anyone have a link or source to the reason of improved ice?

SARCASM ON

But i expect crappy ice in game 5 if the the wrong team wins

END SARCASM

Old
05-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Gags1288

Very witty response, i really liked how you noted that you were being sarcastic. The ice really wasn't a factor as the game was over 10 minutes in. I was simply making a note of how poor the ice was and how often a clear that looked like a sure icing turned it a good dump out. The quality of the ice is often a factor of the whether (as it was in game 2 I believe against Toronto) and since it is real hot in Tampa, the ice is often not as good as it is in a colder climate.

Old
05-12-2004, 01:36 PM
GoBolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
I wonder what the ice crew did different at the 2nd game since i havnt heard of a major change in the system used for ice. Anyone have a link or source to the reason of improved ice?
My guess is that Monday was cloudy in Tampa, so the sun wasn't beating down on the Forum's roof all day. Saturday, on the other hand, was sunny, and the game being played during daylight hours meant that the dehumidifiers could never get the upper hand on the heat and humidity.

Reason #4,590 why the NHL shouldn't have afternoon hockey games.

Old
05-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Cuiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBolts
Reason #4,590 why the NHL shouldn't have afternoon hockey games.

I love afternoon games. It gives me a reason to drink all day!

Closed Thread