HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

2010 Playoff Thread

Old
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

vCash: 500
Let's talk Caps: Theodore has never been the same since the Miracle at Molson.

ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
I hate the Caps. I'm starting to hate them more than Buffalo.

I love how posters on the main board are cheering on the caps, because Scotty deserves. Um have you not been watching, cause Scotty ain't even playing.

So I ask, do you think Scotty will be happy finally getting his name on the cup when he didn't even contribute cause his coach is a dumba$$? Somehow I don't think he would appreciate it.

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
I hate the Caps. I'm starting to hate them more than Buffalo.

I love how posters on the main board are cheering on the caps, because Scotty deserves. Um have you not been watching, cause Scotty ain't even playing.

So I ask, do you think Scotty will be happy finally getting his name on the cup when he didn't even contribute cause his coach is a dumba$$? Somehow I don't think he would appreciate it.
I've been thinking about that a lot as well. It's not as if he even played most of the season for them either. He's played 9 games for them and zero playoff games. I don't even think he'd get his name on the cup in that situation either.

What a damn shame

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Its tough seeing a healthy Scott Walker a scratch. Did Boudreau not see how effective he was for us last year en route to the ECF? The guy is a playoff warrior and leaves it all on the ice especially when it matters most. Heck, even when it doesn't matter the guy leaves it all out there. There is a group of 4th line grinders I'd like on my playoff team, no doubt Scotty is one of them.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:

I think that's what's stinging the most about that deal. I mean don't get me wrong I have no hard feelings towards the Caps, and I have no problem if they win it. But the very least I would like to see is Scotty playing even a 4th line role with them. Hell, about any other contender I can think of and he wouldn't be stapled to the press box the way he is. It's driving me absolutely nuts.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I Doughty isn't the best Dman in the game now... That guy is a damn stud

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Last year the team claimed that 3rd jerseys cannot be worn during the playoffs, which I didn't buy, and sure enough the Kings are wearing theirs tonight.

04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Maybe they're going to wear them every game?

Sad King Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
Last year the team claimed that 3rd jerseys cannot be worn during the playoffs, which I didn't buy, and sure enough the Kings are wearing theirs tonight.
I know Buffalo petitioned the league to wear their third jerseys in games 3 and 4. Didn't see the game so don't know if they did. Perhaps LA did the same?

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

^^Maybe. I was just thinking that myself actually. Their third jerseys are beauties. Kind of a silly rule for the NHL to implement if they really did, and it has to have been recent, because I recall Buffalo, Anaheim, and Edmonton wearing multiple home jerseys in the playoffs as recent as 2006.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

I really like the Kings 3rd jersey. Simple, sharp and traditional. The purple in their home & away uniforms still to this day hasn't grown on me. Its as though I just can't take them seriously wearing it.

Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I really like the Kings 3rd jersey. Simple, sharp and traditional. The purple in their home & away uniforms still to this day hasn't grown on me. Its as though I just can't take them seriously wearing it.
I like them both, but that black third is sweet

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:06 AM
ChuckW
We'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I really like the Kings 3rd jersey. Simple, sharp and traditional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
that black third is sweet
Its an okay jersey. Mainly because it reminds me of the Gretzky era blacks, which the team should never have ditched.

Compare and contrast:

Actually looking at that I can see one change I'd make to the old blacks - replace the logo with the simple crown. But that's just one of my peeves. Every time I see a Dallas jersey I cringe at the "Stars" written there. Should just be the star, nothing else.

Can you imagine our jerseys with "Hurricanes" written under/over the swirl/flag?

Last edited by ChuckW: 04-20-2010 at 05:18 AM.
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Guy

vCash: 200
My only complaint about those Kings thirds is that Kopitar is 11, not 77. Not a fan of the number styling.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I think that's what's stinging the most about that deal. I mean don't get me wrong I have no hard feelings towards the Caps, and I have no problem if they win it. But the very least I would like to see is Scotty playing even a 4th line role with them. Hell, about any other contender I can think of and he wouldn't be stapled to the press box the way he is. It's driving me absolutely nuts.
Interesting that a few recent ex-Canes are being healthy scratches. Walker, Williams and Alberts were all healthy scratches last night. Williams and Alberts I can see, as both have been pretty bad in their initial game(s), but I agree on Walker, am surprised that he isn't even getting a chance. I realize the Caps are deep in the forward ranks but after the performance the first 2 games, you'd think he would at least get a chance.

Boom Boom Anton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:51 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

It appears Niclas Wallin didn't play in the two most recent playoff games either. Neither did Aaron Ward

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 08:58 AM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
That's exactly what irks me. After Game 1, his butt should have been inserted in the line up. It was quite obvious, that team needed a fire up their butts, and Scottie is just the guy to do it.

I can guarantee that guy wants that cup more than anyone on that team since this is most likely his last chance at a shot. Why Bruce thinks that determination and heart needs to sit in the pressbox when he had 23 guys dressed who felt they didn't need to work in order to win is beyond me.

Old
04-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Sens1Canes2

Quote:
I can guarantee that guy wants that cup more than anyone on that team since this is most likely his last chance at a shot.
There is just no way to prove this to be true. Every player on the Caps wants to win badly. Not the greatest system they play in to succeed in the playoffs, though.

Plus, their goaltending sucks. Bad combination.

But they're still up 2-1, and that's more than can be said for the other #1 seed. LOL at the Sharks.

Sens1Canes2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Caniac4ever

vCash: 1436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
There is just no way to prove this to be true. Every player on the Caps wants to win badly. Not the greatest system they play in to succeed in the playoffs, though.

Plus, their goaltending sucks. Bad combination.

But they're still up 2-1, and that's more than can be said for the other #1 seed. LOL at the Sharks.
Why wouldn't it be true? In my opinion it only makes sense that someone that has been working their entire life towards something likely wants to succeed more than someone that has been working towards it for a year or two... Obviously they would all like to win it, but I can't help but believe Scottie would be the most desperate one on the team to make sure this is the year...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 View Post
Sure there is and its quite simple to prove. He's the ONE guy on that team that knows this is his LAST opportunity. He doesn't know where he is going to be at next season. Is he going to be playing for a team, or is he going to retire. This is it for him. This is Walkers do or die time.

The others on that team will have other chances. Sure they want to win it, but its not do or die for them. If they don't do it this year, its a shame, but they have other chances. For Walker, you have to look at it that he doesn't have another shot at winning it.

Old
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
totalkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
I'm not sure if I Doughty isn't the best Dman in the game now... That guy is a damn stud
Painful to say it, but Jack Johnson was really good last night, too. He looked to me like Joni Pitkanen would look if he actually gave a sh**.

As for the *five* recent Canes (Walker, Ward, Wallin, Williams and Alberts) being healthy scratches. All I can say is ... ahahahahah

As for the "who wants it more" debate, it's not about "wanting" it. It's about being "willing" to do what it takes. I *want* to ... ahem ... "date" Jessica Biel. I *want* to run a pro sports team. I *want* the Earth to swallow the entire city of Buffalo. But I haven't done anything about any of them.

To want, and to be willing to do what it takes, are two far different animals. And watching a game, it's fairly easy to see who is willing to pay the price and who isn't (I'm looking at you, San Jose).

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Guy

vCash: 200
This 2nd period in Ottawa has been insane. Cullen puts Orpik through the glass on a check, then is directly responsible for giving up a shorty, then scores on the 5 on 3.

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 07:45 AM
puckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
actually Jose went 23-3 lately. Not too shabby. He has had a good year in hockey only, since he lost his small child this past year as well.

puckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
WhiteTrashAmerican
WHY DID IT END

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckster View Post
actually the Washington Capitals went 23-3 lately. Not too shabby. He has had a good year in hockey only, since he lost his small child this past year as well.
fixed

WhiteTrashAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
totalkev

Hey, in the interest of fair play, Versus took a beating when they first got the NHL and I thought we owe them this. Their coverage of this year's playoffs has been outstanding.

The production is better by a quantum leap, Bill Patrick is an amazing upgrade over the insufferable Bill Clement, and being able to see the end of *every* game? Awesomeness.

totalkev is offline   Reply With Quote