HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any news on Michalek?

Old
04-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

vCash: 500
No Kovalev,no Michalek , no Cheechoo....it's like Heatley never existed,if we can go all the way this year without the all-star and without his replacements, man that would be a dagger in the heart for the 7 million $ boy.

I hope Michalek is back though

Penner getrdonebryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 03:20 AM
King City Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens15 View Post
Michalek's starting to piss me off. Suck it up! Always injured. Him and Kuba.
If he's injured he's injured, there is no way around that, if your knee hurts like hell and it doesn't work properly then there is nothing you can do about that. Milan is a very tough and gritty guy, whether guys get injured or not doesn't reflect how tough they are.

King City Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTownUSA View Post
Where, how, why? For all the ice time he got he did very little tonight. It was the Ruutu-Kelly-Neil show tonight (and Karlsson's goal was a nice bounce to his stick, back of net!)
You're right, you can't have a "pretty good" game on the 4th line without scoring a goal.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 08:19 AM
TheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Stanley View Post
Fortunately we have Foligno who can move up onto that wing. Without MM and Kovalev though we really can't afford to lose anymore scoring line players to injuries.
Moving Foligno up would be my plan as well. Slot Donovan in to the 4th line and I don't think we're significantly worse than we were prior to the injury.

TheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Stretch2010

I think without Michalek we need to put Shannon in.
With out 9MM are speed is goign to decrease and we need someone with a lot of tension and speed in there game, Shannon has thrown his little body around and finished his checks, may not be the most powerful checker but still gives a check here and there. He has a cup ring played in the playoffs with the ducks, he knows what its all about, id slot him in.

Regin Spezza Alfredsson
Foligno/Shannon Cullen Fisher (Lets see if Foligno can play better, hasnt impressed me at all this year, if not shannon should slot in middle of game)
Ruutu Kelly Neil
Shannon/Foligno Smith Winchester

Stretch2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch2010 View Post
With out 9MM are speed is goign to decrease and we need someone with a lot of tension and speed in there game, Shannon has thrown his little body around and finished his checks, may not be the most powerful checker but still gives a check here and there. He has a cup ring played in the playoffs with the ducks, he knows what its all about, id slot him in.

Regin Spezza Alfredsson
Foligno/Shannon Cullen Fisher (Lets see if Foligno can play better, hasnt impressed me at all this year, if not shannon should slot in middle of game)
Ruutu Kelly Neil
after watching game 1, i'm not so sure shannon is tough enough to be effective (or as effective as a donovan or cheechoo)

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:43 AM
DG

Quote:

Do you think before you type?

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Minister of Offence

I think he'll miss a 2-3 games. I doubt he's done.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:45 AM
mizza318

Quote:
Dude are you serious ? The guy is literally playing on a knee that is held together by a brace.

Michaleks is one tough mofo don't ever question that.

mizza318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:54 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Yeah, Donovan should definitely come in. Much as I like Shannon, he's too small and not physical enough for this series.

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Donovan-Fisher-Cullen
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Foligno-Winchester-Smith

For some reason I can see Donovan playing well with Fisher and Cullen. Two big bodies who can crash the net, one pure playmaker and all three go into the corners.

hockeyalltheway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
If you had his knee problems you probably wouldn't be able to type let alone play hockey.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
trobby

Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Cullen
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Donovan-Winchester-Smith

I'd still take out Winny and put in Cheechoo.....the lad has trouble hitting the net.
I love Smith though..he hits everything!

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Denis Vial

I like Winchester in the line-up. The Pens haven't answered our down-low cycle yet, so why take out one of the best cyclers?

I would put my vote in for Donovan, he takes it to the next level in playoffs... but thats only if MM can't go. I'm not the biggest Shannon fan, he gets pushed off the puck too easily and always has to take the long way around people.

Denis Vial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:49 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch2010 View Post

Regin Spezza Alfredsson
Ruutu Kelly Neil
NO NO NO NO - this is the playoffs, Shannon is too small & too soft to be playing in these games. I'm still not sure why Murray even resigned him to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post
Regin-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Cullen
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil
Donovan-Winchester-Smith

I'd still take out Winny and put in Cheechoo.....the lad has trouble hitting the net.
I love Smith though..he hits everything!
That's the line up I would go with as well, Z. Smith - Winchester - Donovan. Chum IMO is better than Cheechoo because he will drop them & go with anyone & you need that craziness in the playoffs to keep Pittsburgh honest. No more taking liberties with players with no response, you cheap shot our players & you are going to pay for it. You go after our stars & we are going after your stars, this team can no longer be intimidated & they are now the intimidators.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 400
If MM can't go I'd like to see Donovan. He at least provides a physical presence.

Shannon on the 4th line is a waste...

Regin - Spez - Alfie
Cully - Fisher - Foligno
Ruuts - Kelly - Neil
Smith - Winchester - Donovan

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

I don't know if anyone noticed, but playoff hockey is FASTER than regular season hockey.

So I think the idea of putting the slowest skater in the NHL into our lineup is patently absurd.

I think Donovan is the easy choice.

NyQuil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
TheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
If MM can't go I'd like to see Donovan. He at least provides a physical presence.

Shannon on the 4th line is a waste...

Regin - Spez - Alfie
Cully - Fisher - Foligno
Ruuts - Kelly - Neil
Smith - Winchester - Donovan
This'd be my lineup as well, with Shannon slotting in in game 3 as a wakeup call to any forward that doesn't bring it.

TheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Hutz
Classless User

Shannon does have a cup ring and did play 11 games for the ducks that year, but he didn't have a single point.

Much as I like his speed, I don't think he's cut out for a top 6 playoff role.... maybe as a third line speedster...

I think I prefer the idea of bumping up Foligno and playing Donovan... not a big fan of playing the Cheechoo train just yet.

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Please, no Cheechoo. Just please no. He's so slow. He cannot play the system that is in place. He cannot back-check. He has no close-range acceleration (like getting to a puck that just bounced nearby). He falls down at least once a shift. No thank you. No thank you. No thank you.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed, but playoff hockey is FASTER than regular season hockey.

So I think the idea of putting the slowest skater in the NHL into our lineup is patently absurd.

I think Donovan is the easy choice.
You really noticed Neil's (for ex.) speed yesterday? he's just as slow as cheechoo. the cheechoo speed thing is a pretty tired comment. i don't want to keep defending the guy, but as long as people are going to post this ridiculous crap....
bashing your own players in the playoffs? especially when it's a guy who could probably help out?

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I almost feel like we should shut him down. He's too important to our future to risk screwing up his knees further.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:43 AM
DaveMatthew

For a 4th line role, it's easily Donovan. He's fast, good on the forecheck, good defensively and has playoff experience. He's a great momentum type player who won't hurt you.

Again, I think Cheechoo would be a bad decision. The 4th line will get trapped out there against either Crosby or Malkin at some points (like they did last night), and at the very least they need to have the speed to keep up with them, get the puck out of our zone, dump it in and then have a good cycle. I don't have the confidence in Cheechoo to do that.

DaveMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Ceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best WorstPoster View Post
You really noticed Neil's (for ex.) speed yesterday? he's just as slow as cheechoo. the cheechoo speed thing is a pretty tired comment. i don't want to keep defending the guy, but as long as people are going to post this ridiculous crap....
bashing your own players in the playoffs? especially when it's a guy who could probably help out?
Neil isn't fast but he isn't Cheechoo either. I'm fairly convinced that at this point in his career Cheech is the worst skater in the league. No acceleration, no top speed. I feel bad for him, because he has the hands, heart and head to play the game and be effective. He just has nothing left in his legs/groin. He's a liability out there.

Ceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
The Chef*

Every single time Donovan plays a game, he is noticeable.

Be it 5 minutes, 8 minutes, 9 minutes. He always does something.

He's a tough mofo.

I want Chum in if Michalek can't play.

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Afro Thunder*

god damn it, after an amazing olympics he had, I was hoping he would do the same in the playoffs then this happen, this team is unlucky sometimes, at least we get lucky in the games with that Kelly goal last night. :p

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote