HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cam Ward's value?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2004, 08:02 PM
  #1
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Cam Ward's value?

Just wanted to know what it would take to get Cam Ward out of Carolina?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
  #2
islandnucker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ladysmith
Country: Poland
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Just wanted to know what it would take to get Cam Ward out of Carolina?
I'm thinking it will have to be a very significant defensive prospect (something along the lines of a player like Pitkanen).

He may not be individually worth that type of player but Ward looks like he may have the potential to be a top 10 starter in the league.

islandnucker is online now  
Old
05-06-2004, 10:21 PM
  #3
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 33,488
vCash: 562
top-end defensive prospect (think Pitkanen, Komisarek, Whitney type palyer) plus a pick would likely be the asking price.

DaveG is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 10:26 PM
  #4
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUCanesFan
top-end defensive prospect (think Pitkanen, Komisarek, Whitney type palyer) plus a pick would likely be the asking price.
I'm sorry, but there's no way in the world anyone gives up a top prospect line Pitkanen for Cam Ward.

You can probably get a good prospect for him, maybe a player with 2nd line potential or a defenseman with #3/4 potential... but there's no chance in hell anyone gives up a guy like Joni Pitkanen for Cam Ward.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 10:28 PM
  #5
islandnucker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ladysmith
Country: Poland
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I'm sorry, but there's no way in the world anyone gives up a top prospect line Pitkanen for Cam Ward.

You can probably get a good prospect for him, maybe a player with 2nd line potential or a defenseman with #3/4 potential... but there's no chance in hell anyone gives up a guy like Joni Pitkanen for Cam Ward.
There isn't any real reason for the Canes to deal Ward so the deal would have to blow the pants off of the GM. A prospect like that would.

islandnucker is online now  
Old
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
  #6
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 14,090
vCash: 50
His actual worth might be a tad above the first round pick that was used to take him. Whether anyone would give that up, or the Hurricanes would let him go for that, I have no idea. I really don't see why they'd need to trade him.

Seachd is offline  
Old
05-06-2004, 11:45 PM
  #7
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
His actual worth might be a tad above the first round pick that was used to take him. Whether anyone would give that up, or the Hurricanes would let him go for that, I have no idea. I really don't see why they'd need to trade him.
Not that they need to trade him, but the Kings need a good goalie prospect, and I was interested in what it would take to get him.

Of course the Kings wouldn't give up Gleason or Grebs and if a top end d prospect is what it would take, I don't see how it could work then from L.A.'s perspective.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 12:15 AM
  #8
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
No way you get a top notch prospect for Cam Ward. I think a future 2nd liner is the best you would get. Either that or a 1st round pick around the 12-15 spot, but thats about it.

Jasper17 is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 12:17 AM
  #9
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Not that they need to trade him, but the Kings need a good goalie prospect, and I was interested in what it would take to get him.

Of course the Kings wouldn't give up Gleason or Grebs and if a top end d prospect is what it would take, I don't see how it could work then from L.A.'s perspective.
The Kings wouldn't have to give up Gleason or Grebs to get him. and if thats the kind of return that the Canes are looking for then he is not going to be moved. No one is going to pay that price for him.

Jasper17 is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 01:21 AM
  #10
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 11,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
The Kings wouldn't have to give up Gleason or Grebs to get him. and if thats the kind of return that the Canes are looking for then he is not going to be moved. No one is going to pay that price for him.
and why would they expect less to trade him off? they arent looking to get rid of him anyway, obviously.

bleedgreen is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 05:41 PM
  #11
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,453
vCash: 500
Did he sign a contract with Carolina yet??

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 05:43 PM
  #12
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
and why would they expect less to trade him off? they arent looking to get rid of him anyway, obviously.
I don't know what they would expect. I am saying what they would get.

If they expect that much then there is no way he is going to be traded.

Jasper17 is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 06:13 PM
  #13
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 11,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I don't know what they would expect. I am saying what they would get.

If they expect that much then there is no way he is going to be traded.
thats my point - they arent trading him. it would take overpayment at this point - hes their best goalie prospect and unless they trade him for another young top goalie prospect....he isnt going anywhere. the original question was "what would it take?" - probably more than anyone would pay.
as far as i know, he isnt signed yet.

bleedgreen is offline  
Old
05-07-2004, 06:19 PM
  #14
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
thats my point - they arent trading him. it would take overpayment at this point - hes their best goalie prospect and unless they trade him for another young top goalie prospect....he isnt going anywhere. the original question was "what would it take?" - probably more than anyone would pay.
as far as i know, he isnt signed yet.
Thats my point. The question was "what would it take".

My responce is much more than any team would be willing to pay.

Jasper17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.