HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Cam Ward's value?

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Cam Ward's value?

Just wanted to know what it would take to get Cam Ward out of Carolina?

Old
05-06-2004, 09:02 PM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Just wanted to know what it would take to get Cam Ward out of Carolina?
I'm thinking it will have to be a very significant defensive prospect (something along the lines of a player like Pitkanen).

He may not be individually worth that type of player but Ward looks like he may have the potential to be a top 10 starter in the league.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:21 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
top-end defensive prospect (think Pitkanen, Komisarek, Whitney type palyer) plus a pick would likely be the asking price.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:26 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUCanesFan
top-end defensive prospect (think Pitkanen, Komisarek, Whitney type palyer) plus a pick would likely be the asking price.
I'm sorry, but there's no way in the world anyone gives up a top prospect line Pitkanen for Cam Ward.

You can probably get a good prospect for him, maybe a player with 2nd line potential or a defenseman with #3/4 potential... but there's no chance in hell anyone gives up a guy like Joni Pitkanen for Cam Ward.

Old
05-06-2004, 10:28 PM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
I'm sorry, but there's no way in the world anyone gives up a top prospect line Pitkanen for Cam Ward.

You can probably get a good prospect for him, maybe a player with 2nd line potential or a defenseman with #3/4 potential... but there's no chance in hell anyone gives up a guy like Joni Pitkanen for Cam Ward.
There isn't any real reason for the Canes to deal Ward so the deal would have to blow the pants off of the GM. A prospect like that would.

Old
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
His actual worth might be a tad above the first round pick that was used to take him. Whether anyone would give that up, or the Hurricanes would let him go for that, I have no idea. I really don't see why they'd need to trade him.

Old
05-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
His actual worth might be a tad above the first round pick that was used to take him. Whether anyone would give that up, or the Hurricanes would let him go for that, I have no idea. I really don't see why they'd need to trade him.
Not that they need to trade him, but the Kings need a good goalie prospect, and I was interested in what it would take to get him.

Of course the Kings wouldn't give up Gleason or Grebs and if a top end d prospect is what it would take, I don't see how it could work then from L.A.'s perspective.

Old
05-07-2004, 12:15 AM
Jasper17

No way you get a top notch prospect for Cam Ward. I think a future 2nd liner is the best you would get. Either that or a 1st round pick around the 12-15 spot, but thats about it.

Old
05-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Not that they need to trade him, but the Kings need a good goalie prospect, and I was interested in what it would take to get him.

Of course the Kings wouldn't give up Gleason or Grebs and if a top end d prospect is what it would take, I don't see how it could work then from L.A.'s perspective.
The Kings wouldn't have to give up Gleason or Grebs to get him. and if thats the kind of return that the Canes are looking for then he is not going to be moved. No one is going to pay that price for him.

Old
05-07-2004, 01:21 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
The Kings wouldn't have to give up Gleason or Grebs to get him. and if thats the kind of return that the Canes are looking for then he is not going to be moved. No one is going to pay that price for him.
and why would they expect less to trade him off? they arent looking to get rid of him anyway, obviously.

Old
05-07-2004, 05:41 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Did he sign a contract with Carolina yet??

Old
05-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
and why would they expect less to trade him off? they arent looking to get rid of him anyway, obviously.
I don't know what they would expect. I am saying what they would get.

If they expect that much then there is no way he is going to be traded.

Old
05-07-2004, 06:13 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17
I don't know what they would expect. I am saying what they would get.

If they expect that much then there is no way he is going to be traded.
thats my point - they arent trading him. it would take overpayment at this point - hes their best goalie prospect and unless they trade him for another young top goalie prospect....he isnt going anywhere. the original question was "what would it take?" - probably more than anyone would pay.
as far as i know, he isnt signed yet.

Old
05-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
thats my point - they arent trading him. it would take overpayment at this point - hes their best goalie prospect and unless they trade him for another young top goalie prospect....he isnt going anywhere. the original question was "what would it take?" - probably more than anyone would pay.
as far as i know, he isnt signed yet.
Thats my point. The question was "what would it take".

My responce is much more than any team would be willing to pay.

Closed Thread