HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | GAME 1 | San Jose Sharks vs Colorado Avalanche

Old
04-15-2010, 01:48 AM
dwood16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharksAddict View Post
I actually thought Thornton was solid tonight. Wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. Hell, did Joe have 5 SOG in any game this year?
I was thinking the same thing. He was also doing the things people complain about him not doing like shooting and hitting. Too bad he had Marleau dragging him down this time lol.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 01:51 AM
WineShark

Hey now. Why all the long faces? Didn't we expect to choke?

We did earn the loss. TMac wants to leave the big 3 together so the Avs can shut them down? That line hasn't been good since before the break - not on the PP and not 5:5.

I posted before the game that the Avs woulds clog the neutral zone and counter, otherwise dump the puck. Our team has to have speed on each line on the wing to counter a trap with players that can close. We had that when they split the three up.

I have been wondering if TMac wasn't trying to play with the present setup and see if we could get by the Avs with things as they are, then switch lines around for the second round so the opponent wouldn't have new video?

Patty was MAJOR fail tonight. The defense was better than people think. The problem was forward support and the whole team was a step slower than the last game. Joe was OK and Heater was good with the puck but the big line was limp once again. I'm still confident the team will regain home ice in the second game. That said, the notion that they now need to bear down against a bunch of 21 year olds is pretty pathetic.

GO SHARKS! ........ seems hollow somehow ......

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 01:51 AM
SharksAddict

I love how TMac says their backs aren't against the wall. Where the hell is the urgency?

Maybe the guys were just confused by all the white flags being waved around tonight

Nothing like a little pom pom action to inspire the boys on Friday.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bridge View Post
That was awesome. WTB 60 minutes of consecutive effort, working off the play, moving without the puck, attacking the net, attacking the man.
Yeah, the Avs played a great game didn't they!

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
StalockSuperfan

So I was walking in with my brother and we both had our Clowe jerseys on and this guy came up to us and said "Are you fans of Ryane Clowe?" We said yes and he said "I'm his father". We talked to him for a bit. Really nice guy. Anyway, just wanted to share. Game sucked otherwise.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
So I was walking in with my brother and we both had our Clowe jerseys on and this guy came up to us and said "Are you fans of Ryane Clowe?" We said yes and he said "I'm his father". We talked to him for a bit. Really nice guy. Anyway, just wanted to share. Game sucked otherwise.
Could've been a phony! Did he have a Newfie accent (which in his case really sounds like an Italian accent)?

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Bizz06
#FireDougWilson

vCash: 50
Quote:
I love how TMac says their backs aren't against the wall. Where the hell is the urgency?
Technically theyre not, BUT, this is the reason why TMac sucks at head coaching. A coach that doesn't treat every playoff game like a Game 7 isn't going to be a great coach.

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:04 AM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Did you shake his hand? Smell your fingers. Do they smell like fish? If so, then its Clowe's dad.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:07 AM
StalockSuperfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Could've been a phony! Did he have a Newfie accent (which in his case really sounds like an Italian accent)?
Haha yes he did have the accent. He also had his nephew with him. Clowe's cousin I guess?

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:07 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Did you shake his hand? Smell your fingers. Do they smell like fish? If so, then its Clowe's dad.
Dude. What the hell. Just gross.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:19 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
I hope someone else out there watched the game impartially and will agree with this: Thornton was miles better than Marleau out there. Patty was lazy and a turnover machine while Thornton drove the net and played hard.
MILES better. Thornton was driving the net hard and shooting when he got the puck. But most noticably for me he was skating faster than I've ever seen him skate.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Thresher

DW's 'oh ****' face

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lebanezer

Did anyone watch the highlights on TSN? They have a great reaction to Colorado's last goal by Doug Wilson. Can we turn that into an avatar?

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:20 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
I hope someone else out there watched the game impartially and will agree with this: Thornton was miles better than Marleau out there. Patty was lazy and a turnover machine while Thornton drove the net and played hard.
I completely agree, I thought Thornton was the best player on that line tonight, Heatley had some gaffs but was not horrible. Patty was horrible, probably the worst Shark tonight.

Mitchell was very good tonight, Nabby was very good tonight, and Clowe was very good tonight. Malhotra, Setoguchi, Nichol, Coture, were pretty good. Huskins actually did some really good things tonight that maybee the TV viewers didn't see. I didn't like Walin at all. Boyle was ok and Demers was better than ok but not great.

As for the game, I hate clutch and grab hockey. These two refs tonight were in DCS mode of most of the game and if the entire series is allowed to be played with DCS then the AVS will gain a huge advantage from it. I thought the Sharks had the best chances of the game although Anderson didn't really have to make any spectacular saves. Their were so many shots that just barely missed going in for the Sharks. I think the AVS got a little lucky tonight, but the Todd really needs to break up the burger line. The team was awesome in the stretch that the Sharks rolled the three big guys on three different lines, than Thorntobutn got hurt and it's like the Todd forgot how well those three players made the other players on their line.

Fusterating game for sure, I think the main person at fault for this loss is Todd McLellan, He tired out the top line, He didn't break them up when they became inefectve and just kept rolling them out there ever 2 minutes like they weren't allready dead tired from there last shift. I was really excited when T-Mac came to the Sharks but I think I'm over him, If the Sharks don't get to the conference finals at the very minimum, he is the first guy they can let go.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:23 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Don't you mean crab?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:26 AM
sjshark91

Old
04-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Did anyone watch the highlights on TSN? They have a great reaction to Colorado's last goal by Doug Wilson. Can we turn that into an avatar?
I'd rock that avatar, no doubt.

Someone make it happen!

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. He was also doing the things people complain about him not doing like shooting and hitting. Too bad he had Marleau dragging him down this time lol.
This.

To pile on, Marleau and Murray need to figure their ish out.

I watched the game at an NHL friendly bar in SD. The other Sharks' fans (about 7 or 8) paid their tabs and left immediately. I watched the highlights looking like my wife left with the kids, my job fired me and my dog died just shaking my head and I'm only 23.

Then I reminded myself it's best of seven. Friday cannot come soon enough.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:51 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
This.

Then I reminded myself it's best of seven. Friday cannot come soon enough.
Seriously, Sharks game and the weekend. This week has been too long...

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 02:59 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Holy **** those Avs announcers are so bad. LOL Doug knows he's canned.

Old
04-15-2010, 03:05 AM
kluu

Quote:
I actually thought Thornton was solid tonight. Wasn't great, but wasn't bad either. Hell, did Joe have 5 SOG in any game this year?
I also thought Thornton was decent tonight. Marleau had to be the worst player tonight hands down.

Oh, and Boyle needs to get involved offensively.

Last edited by kluu: 04-15-2010 at 03:10 AM.
kluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 03:16 AM
jeg2315

I wish we would finish our checks like the Avs do...we have size on them but we aren't using it at all really.

jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 03:21 AM
gonegonegone*

the more i think about it, the more i dont think we are actually that great a team. we are a consistent team, which is way more than most nhl teams. that's why we always dominate the reg season. we ALWAYS beat the teams we are supposd to beat, the bottom feeders, the wannabes, etc. we only lose to good teams in playoff positioning. our record this year was tops in the west, but chicago, detroit, van, and a few other teams had better records against the playoff and top teams of the league. in fact the only good team we clearly dominated this year was vancouver i think. the rest was split or loss.

we lose in the playoffs cuz theres only good teams left, and we have typically sucked against good teams even in the reg season. is it really any surprise we are on our way to "choking" again?

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 03:23 AM
pappaf2

What the hell was wrong with Patty? He look like a lost child looking for his mommy out there.

I was really surprised by Joe tonight, he actually shot the puck when he had chances.
Really disappointing to see the lack of urgency from the Sharks tonight. I agree break up joe, heater, and patty; they seemed to play much better on separate lines.

I can't believe the Sharks don't have the pride to say, "fawk I'm tired of not playing to my ability and being the chumps of the league." Hopeful D. Wilson will visit them in their sleep and impress upon them the desire to win.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2010, 03:53 AM
sjsharklover

My take on the game

I was at the game as well and what I noticed 1st was the crowd was treating it like a regular season game..The 1st couple of minutes you felt the energy and after our goal you could feel it...other than that it was really quiet all around me...I think giving out towels is a bad idea because when people wave them they make no noise....couldnt we give out something that made a louder noise......I was really disappointed in the crowd during the game ...the only time they got really into it is when they showed this guy dancing on the jumbo tron......Come on San Jose its the Playoffs this happens once a year and Friday could be the last home game if we get swept....I was watching the Pittsburgh game before I left for the tank and their fans were crazy loud.....ours were embarrasing tonight....I dont think the fans care its the playoffs....on that note I dont think the players care either...

Last year we went up against a team in Anaheim who played hard all the way up til the end of the year...then they hit the playoffs with momentum....they beat us..this year we play a team in Colorado who isnt picked to win against us...so they are fighting and clawing and struggling with everything they have to beat us.,....we ...come on the ice like its a regular season game and they take it to us........for this reason the coach should be gone....(and I love Tmac).....Nabby said after the game that they knew Colorado would come out hungry its what the team expected....

WHY THE F#$% arent we coming out hungry?????? Answer : sense of urgency

Blake said we as a team need to play hard for 60 minutes and play more like the 3rd period and the 1st 5 minutes of the game

Question
Dont they know this going in???????

Why Dont they???? Answer Sense of urgency

Tmac says backs arent against the wall..

News flash for you Coach ...YES THEY ARE...If you get swept at home you are done....JUST LIKE LAST YEAR

I wrote this same stupid post last year after we went down 2-0

And also I hate when its said its only one game its the first to four that wins it.
If your down 3-0 you have no confidence at all so your mental state is done...

first to four is only said by teams who are down in the series

This game was absolute garbage I am glad the fans showed enough emotion to boo at the end.....

Friday night everyone better be louder and as far as the team goes.....
use your size for gods sake you are a bigger team...they are faster its ok....Check someone once in a while and stop trying to be so cute with your passes...you guys were absolutley pathetic tonight....if we lose again get ready to gut the team and start the rebuild.......sorry I drank my pain away tonight...but am still pissed

sjsharklover is offline   Reply With Quote