HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | GAME 1 | San Jose Sharks vs Colorado Avalanche

Old
04-16-2010, 12:28 AM
5H4RK5

vCash: 500
...............................damn we lost. Sorry I'm a bit late folks internet was off a day.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:30 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H4RK5 View Post
...............................damn we lost. Sorry I'm a bit late folks internet was off a day.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:34 AM
apple22

Saw Thornton at Safeway tonight, unfortunately I was about 15 seconds too late to actually talk to him. I didn't want to be the scary lady running through the parking lot. His parents and VERY pregnant wife were with him. Hopefully he bought some goals and/or spot on passes. The Sharks need both and quick.

apple22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:35 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

We won right guys?

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 12:35 AM
nbbyfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarByte View Post
avs are pretty small, anderson was good, but they held marleau in check

gonna be a long series...
We alreadly knew that.

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 02:26 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
While Thornton was one of the best on the ice, and is generally great on the faceoffs ... he REALLY sucks in the clutch moments.

I know you dislike unnecessary Jumbo trash talk but when it comes to faceoffs, I want someone else taking them late in the game.
i do understand that thornton was probably not the best choice for a face off with 1 minute left in the game, but like i said it was really either thornton or couture and the 4th line. so you have to honestly tell me, who would you rather have out on the ice?

and i still believe that this wouldn't be a conversation, if marleau knew how to hustle in games of importance.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
i do understand that thornton was probably not the best choice for a face off with 1 minute left in the game, but like i said it was really either thornton or couture and the 4th line. so you have to honestly tell me, who would you rather have out on the ice?
Well Nichol is on the 4th line and I trust him much more with the faceoffs. Besides, Todd could've taken a time out to rest Manny and co.
Quote:
and i still believe that this wouldn't be a conversation, if marleau knew how to hustle in games of importance.
We can agree on that .

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
Well Nichol is on the 4th line and I trust him much more with the faceoffs. Besides, Todd could've taken a time out to rest Manny and co.

We can agree on that .
actually nichol wasn't, he was out on the ice with malhotra and mitchell 20 seconds before the ill advised nabby stoppage of play. so even with a time out, that only gives nichol and malhotra 40 seconds between shifts, i'm sorry but that isn't much time for a player to recover from another 40+ second shift.

Old
04-16-2010, 02:41 AM
sjsharklover

Did Tmac use a timeout after there late goal and if he didnt why not?

sjsharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 02:54 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
The same reason Ron Wilson did not call a timeout in game 6 against Dallas. The reason, however, is unknown to me.

edit: oh, you meant after the goal...

Last edited by Kitten Mittons: 04-16-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
after the late goal no he did not. why only he knows why.

but if anything he should of used it after nabby stopped the puck with 50 seconds left in the game, in his own end in a tie game.

Old
04-16-2010, 02:59 AM
sjshark91

Quote:
after the late goal no he did not. why only he knows why.

but if anything he should of used it after nabby stopped the puck with 50 seconds left in the game, in his own end in a tie game.
He might have thought "Oh I'll save my TO for OT"...

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Tealblood

yep tmac, "meh, we'll get to OT..." is a great attitude, he must be best buds with the players.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 07:01 AM
mattman2900

Oh boy. I had a feeling we'd get this kind of reaction if the Sharks faltered in game one.

I don't get this Marleau played horrible. Sure it wasn't his best game, but we see this every year and I can understand the frustration, but stop wobbling back and forth.

It's Patty sucks, then he scores clutch game-winning goals and its like patty we love you. Either support the guy or tell him to take a hike, stop jumping on and off the Marleau band wagon.

Support team teal or give up on them, but enough of this attitude. For those that are not like this its not at you, but for those that can't make up their mind weather they should hit the panic button or stay and hope you should really find another team to root for.

Win or lose, I'll support the Sharks. Yes, if they lose the series it will be difficult to bare again, but I bleed Teal and black, and will continue to follow them.

I've decided I'm not going to be tense or get all worked up like last year, I'm just going to enjoy the Sharks playoff run and where it takes them.

mattman2900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:29 AM
matt trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman2900 View Post
Oh boy. I had a feeling we'd get this kind of reaction if the Sharks faltered in game one.

I don't get this Marleau played horrible. Sure it wasn't his best game, but we see this every year and I can understand the frustration, but stop wobbling back and forth.

It's Patty sucks, then he scores clutch game-winning goals and its like patty we love you. Either support the guy or tell him to take a hike, stop jumping on and off the Marleau band wagon.

Support team teal or give up on them, but enough of this attitude. For those that are not like this its not at you, but for those that can't make up their mind weather they should hit the panic button or stay and hope you should really find another team to root for.

Win or lose, I'll support the Sharks. Yes, if they lose the series it will be difficult to bare again, but I bleed Teal and black, and will continue to follow them.

I've decided I'm not going to be tense or get all worked up like last year, I'm just going to enjoy the Sharks playoff run and where it takes them.
Patty is my all-time favorite Shark, but he was pretty damn awful. It is not as black and white as you make it. Do I want him back next year? You bet your ass, but that doesn't mean that when he largely fails to show up in a playoff game that it is okay.

On the bright side, he absolutely hammered someone in the Sharks zone in the third period.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:

so now fans of teams can't criticize players, for being useless on the ice?

Old
04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:

it is this exact attitude that keeps teams and organizations from succeeding. you can't just sit back and be happy with whatever is put in front of you. If a 5 star restaurant you go to every week decided to serve you dog food for two months out of the year you would not sit there and eat it with a smile on your face. When it goes from so good to so bad so quickly something is wrong.

The only way to fix it is to ask questions. That is called problem solving. Our criticism only shows our extreme desire for this Sharks team to win. So keep eating that dog food when the playoffs come around, but I for one am sick of it.

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote