HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO #2: Flyers @ Devils - April 16, 2010 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
MsConduct11

vCash: 500
I will say this, to me it looks like the Devils are playing good hockey, and the Flyers are playing like ****. If more guys other then Boosh, Prongs, Richie and Roo show up and act like they want to play this series should be done. I'll take the split.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

I don't care if Carter is injured. It's the playoffs. 1 point in the last 8 playoff games doesn't cut it.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Ychocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
Why was Hartnell on the ice at the end? He can't even handle the puck. He's complete ****.
I kind of liked him being out there. He almost tied it up, but the opposing player got his stick in on the play.

Lavy is thinking of getting guy going, by being out there for a potential big goal.

Ychocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:32 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

i gurantee you that carter isnt hurt now, but if we lose this round youll hear how courgeous he played with a non healed foot.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ychocky View Post
I kind of liked him being out there. He almost tied it up, but the opposing player got his stick in on the play.

Lavy is thinking of getting guy going, by being out there for a potential big goal.
my first impression was if he was skating instead of gliding, he would have beat his man to the puck

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
I don't care if Carter is injured. It's the playoffs. 1 point in the last 8 playoff games doesn't cut it.
You can't just arbitrarily say that IMO.

Carter's 2 greatest attributes are his speed and his shot. Last year he didn't have the shot (shoulder, and a hurt shoulder blows in hockey, you use it too much) and this year, he really doesn't have the speed.

I mean, under Lavi, he'd routinely blow by guys on the right wing into the zone or bust to the middle if they played him outside. He just doesn't have that blow-by speed anymore and credit to the Devils who are smart enough to have figured that out.

Doesn't help that until he got JVR halfway through the game (from which point that line got considerably better), he was playing with 2 pianos strapped to his back.

It's amazing that we're paying 10.7 mill to Harts and Briere and I can't remember a single impact play that either of them has made in this series let alone a goal or an assist.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:33 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Take a step back and chill out, guys. We have the split and it's not like the effort isn't there, Briere, Gags, Hartnell are busting their butts, they aren't scoring but it's not due to lack of effort. Sunday is another day. Lots of positives in the game, Richards, Giroux, Pronger, Boosh and Coburn have all stepped up. The rest need to catch up.
So what your saying is I can lace up the skates, skate my hardest, and not score but I can sitll be on the Flyers? Sounds like a good plan.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:34 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Last year he played with a separated shoulder and this year he has a broken bone in his foot. At least he's trying to fight through it.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:35 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1553
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post

Carter's 2 greatest attributes are his speed and his shot. Last year he didn't have the shot (shoulder, and a hurt shoulder blows in hockey, you use it too much) and this year, he really doesn't have the speed.

I mean, under Lavi, he'd routinely blow by guys on the right wing into the zone or bust to the middle if they played him outside. He just doesn't have that blow-by speed anymore and credit to the Devils who are smart enough to have figured that out.

Doesn't help that until he got JVR halfway through the game (from which point that line got considerably better), he was playing with 2 pianos strapped to his back.

It's amazing that we're paying 10.7 mill to Harts and Briere and I can't remember a single impact play that either of them has made in this series let alone a goal or an assist.
It was beyond hurt, it was separated.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
MsConduct11

Quote:

Richie played an ENTIRE season from pre season to end of playoffs with 2 bumb shoulders. Carter needs to suck it up. Always an excuse for this guy and it gets old.

MsConduct11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:36 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
It was beyond hurt, it was separated.
Damn was it that bad? Those are supposed to absolutely blow.

I mean, it's really bad luck that he's our best forward most likely (with all due respect to Richie) and has gone into the last 2 playoffs with a separated shoulder and a broken foot.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

In 2 games, ineffective-Carter has done absolutely nothing positive to help the team. In fact hes been quite the dead end offensively and it's no secret he's playing hurt. Lavi has some decisions to make and management has to keep a close eye on his skating tomorrow.

I have a feeling we're going to see less sustained pressure from the Devils on Sunday mainly due to the match up advantage. It's really what kept them in the game. Parent\Bartulis is by far the greatest weakness either team has.

I want Pronger in front of the net every power play. Every team plays him so tight it's impossible for him to shoot from the point. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Pronger blast from the point. 2 games now, the Devils have no answer for big Chris in front. Please don't stray from this.

Danny B gets a D- tonight as well. Gagne looks hurt and or sick. He just doesn't look healthy or strong. I'm not even going to waste my time writing about Harts..Giroux was our best forward tonight by far.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:39 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Fixed.
Seriously he looks ****ing lost out there.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu

Danny Syvret anyone?

Old
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsConduct11 View Post
Richie played an ENTIRE season from pre season to end of playoffs with 2 bumb shoulders. Carter needs to suck it up. Always an excuse for this guy and it gets old.
Richie's game is completely different than Carts (and even Richie did not have his greatest series last year). I mean, Carts' game relies almost solely on his physical attributes. He's not a dumb player, but I don't think I'd call him hockey-smart.

Richie is a much smarter player and therefore, it's easier for him to make an impact when he's hurt plus I think that Richie probably has more heart than 99% of the NHL.

I mean, Carter came back in 2.5 weeks and is playing hurt with an injury that was supposed to be a 4-5 week layoff, cut the guy some slack.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:40 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Danny Syvret anyone?
Lets go Krajicek first.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Lets go Krajicek first.
did you watch game 1?

Old
04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

In other news... Nashville just went up 2-1, they look unreal the past few minutes here.

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:44 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ychocky View Post

No offense to you, but why do people think if a slumping player scores a goal suddenly the flood gates will magically open? Hartnell has 5 goals in the last 58 games. Let that sink in. Nothing short of an act of an act of god is going to get this guy going this season. That is down right pathetic production. I can't think of a player I would be ok with paying $4.2 million dollars to have them score only 5 goals in 58 games.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
No offense to you, but why do people think if a slumping player scores a goal suddenly the flood gates will magically open? Hartnell has 5 goals in the last 58 games. Let that sink in. Nothing short of an act of an act of god is going to get this guy going this season. That is down right pathetic production. I can't think of a player I would be ok with paying $4.2 million dollars to have them score only 5 goals in 58 games.
Wait, is that seriously true?

I understand slumps, but damn.

Old
04-16-2010, 10:45 PM
bennysflyers16

Carter needs to be sat if he is hurt, that was one of the worst efforts of his career, just Brutal. Its a cracked ****ing bone in his foot, freeze it and ****ing play.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:47 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Ho. Ly. ****.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1553
Quote:
Damn was it that bad? Those are supposed to absolutely blow.

I mean, it's really bad luck that he's our best forward most likely (with all due respect to Richie) and has gone into the last 2 playoffs with a separated shoulder and a broken foot.
Yes. It was a separated shoulder. Remember when Betts had a separated shoulder and how he skated off the ice? Not dissimilar.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:48 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsConduct11 View Post
This is ridiculous. He came back early even though he ended up having surgery a week after the injury. If he didn't come back people would be saying he should suck it up and play through it. Nobody is making excuses for him, it's obvious his play is hampered by the injury just as it was last year with the separated shoulder.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2010, 10:49 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

Quote:
Wait, is that seriously true?

I understand slumps, but damn.
yeah I counted. http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/gamelog/?id=2167

It doesn't include the playoffs on there. But December 7th up through now. 5 goals.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote