The road to Gelsenkirchen

Old
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
fischer looks a bit lost IMO.

is wolf playing? if so, where the hell is he?
and besides taking stupid penalties, greilinger doesn't impress me at all. olympics, play-offs...
Wolf is playing, at least Hindelang seems to have spotted him. I think I saw him once alongside Mueller.

I'm also not impressed with Greilinger. I'm glad he kinda turned his career around and he played a great regular season, but that's about it.

Endras played very well, and Kotschnew impressed in the previous matches. So no goalie worries.

Maverick41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
zecke26

vCash: 500
goalies are indeed no problem

wolf had a good chance, but that's about it.
gogulla is pretty useless so far. just like expected. i never liked him. and his penalty...

rankel, hospelt, felski, mueller i like a lot from the forwards. they work hard and play an energy game. and they crash the net, something that is necessary.

krueger looked even better in the 2nd. he has to make the team, he is great.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Maverick41

Is it just me, or was the game in the second period a little weird. Especially the second half of the period.
There were almost no faceoffs, the game just went back and forth without interruption.

Still very impressed with Krueger. If this guy gets cut, it cannot be based on this game.
Any chance he might garner some interest from NHL teams if he keeps this kind of play up?

Old
05-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
goalies are indeed no problem

wolf had a good chance, but that's about it.
gogulla is pretty useless so far. just like expected. i never liked him. and his penalty...

rankel, hospelt, felski, mueller i like a lot from the forwards. they work hard and play an energy game. and they crash the net, something that is necessary.

krueger looked even better in the 2nd. he has to make the team, he is great.
I actually like Gogulla, or I would, if he would get his act together. He's got all the tools. If he had the work ethic and attitude like Mueller or Schutz he could be a very good player.

Old
05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Sanderson

Krueger was drafted already, by Carolina, and recent rumours were that he is about to sign a deal with them. No idea how much truth there is behind that, but I definately would expect at least some interest by NHL-teams, if not by Carolina then by someone else.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2010, 03:23 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Is it just me, or was the game in the second period a little weird. Especially the second half of the period.
There were almost no faceoffs, the game just went back and forth without interruption.
i liked that. unlike "expert" goldmann who wants germany to hide in the own zone, i think the german team looked much better when trying to play hockey.

Quote:
Still very impressed with Krueger. If this guy gets cut, it cannot be based on this game.
Any chance he might garner some interest from NHL teams if he keeps this kind of play up?
he's still canes property. was drafted by them and no that he is done with college, they have to sign him. his college season was pretty good and if he makes the WC team, i think the canes should give him a contract. and he himself said he wants to make the NHL one day, so he wouldn't mind the AHL.

Old
05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Krueger was drafted already, by Carolina, and recent rumours were that he is about to sign a deal with them. No idea how much truth there is behind that, but I definately would expect at least some interest by NHL-teams, if not by Carolina then by someone else.
Thanks for the infos, you too zecke. I wasn't aware he was drafted, although I usually follow the draft closely. I must have missed him.

@zecke: I liked the game, and that they didn't hide in their own zone. It just felt weird, because I've rarely seen hockey like that.

Old
05-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Sanderson

Apparently Greilinger and Reiss have been cut.

There is a rumour that Reiss may be injured, but I can't say how much truth there is behind it.

Greilinger being cut may come as a surprise, but seeing how he performed in these games, the playoffs and the Olympics, one can understand it. He was pretty much invisible.

Old
05-05-2010, 09:53 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Apparently Greilinger and Reiss have been cut.

There is a rumour that Reiss may be injured, but I can't say how much truth there is behind it.

Greilinger being cut may come as a surprise, but seeing how he performed in these games, the playoffs and the Olympics, one can understand it. He was pretty much invisible.
If Reiss is injured, well then there is nothing anyone can do. Sad for him, after missing the Olympics, now missing the WC in his home country must be tough.

The one thing that surprises me about the cutting of Greilinger is, that it appears that Krupp saw the same thing I saw, which is not a lot from Greilinger. Based on the game yesterday alone he can justify cutting Greilinger. Even Wolf, who was also totally invisible in the first period, at least showed glimpses of usefulness. And while everyone else who was fighting for his roster spot like Rankel, Schutz, Hospelt, etc. showed some fight and spirit, Greilinger just sort of floated around. And he doesn't even have the excuse of Gogulla who might still have been a little jet lagged.

So the last two that are cut will be the ones that are called up if another player gets injured, right?

Old
05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
So the last two that are cut will be the ones that are called up if another player gets injured, right?
yep, exactly.

on D it should be fischer or goc, but fischer looked a bit tired so he's be my choice.
on F hager or kreutzer i'd say, but since hager didn't get a chance yesterday, i'd say that he's in and kreutzer is the one cut.

Old
05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Sad about Reiss.

He's got to be injured because there is no way that Niki Goc is the better player, absolutely no way.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Dfire

Ok Greilinger didn't fight for a spot but he should be taken because of his hockey smarts alone. I guess Krupp is going with the hustler-type: Kreutzer, Hager, Barta, Rankel, Schütz, Hospelt. Those guys will keep trying even if it's 10:0 for USA.

I think keeping Nicolai Goc is a mistake too. I'd take Köppchen anytime over him. And that says a lot about the little Goc.

Last edited by Dfire: 05-05-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Sanderson

Krupp said Reiss has problems with his hip and groin, so he indeed got cut because of injury-trouble.

Old
05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
I think keeping Nicolai Goc is a mistake too. I'd take Köppchen anytime over him. And that says a lot about the little Goc.
Köppchen is the far superior player. He also got mega ice-time during the playoffs unllike Goc.

I have no idea why he even got invited to the camp tbh.

He also absolutely should have called up Dolak, at least he showed that he can
score important goals in playoffs, something we surely will be missing big time.

Old
05-05-2010, 07:08 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

So according to the local press Reiss is quite pi**sed @ Krupp and he says his injury is not
bad at all and that he played the whole playoffs with it and it didn't bother him a bit.

Old
05-07-2010, 06:02 AM
fuechsken

So Krupp either didn't want to risk loosing a D-man to an injury during the tournament or he made the decision to go without Reiss anyway, which I would not understand. But as I already said, I don't worry too much about our D. Cutting Greilinger is a good decision, because I didn't expect him to score big time anyway.

fuechsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2010, 08:44 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

A question for you guys. I found a place that is selling 2010 Gold replicas from the World Championship. I'm considering both Ehrhoff and Marcel Goc to put onto the jersey. Which way should I go? Really like both players , but should I go with someone (Goc) who played in the first game in Gelsenkirchen and sported the gold in the history making game or go with Ehrhoff?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote