HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congratulations Kovalchuk!

Old
04-17-2010, 10:25 AM
sbresistor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
He has been the Devils worse forward through the first two playoff games. The blind passes to nowhere, the individualistic moves that result in turnovers at the blueline and the overall poor decisions have been glaring. This kind of stuff is simply not acceptable in the playoffs.
hey Jim- you are a devils fan right- why do you troll on your own team's boards? Just wondering about the psychology behind it

Kovalchuk can play better for sure, but the worst Devils forward?

sbresistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:29 AM
DevsDynasty3*

No way he was worse than Super Floater Nieds, whose idea of a PK involves standing around with no pressure on the point men.

DevsDynasty3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Yep the worst Devils forward, the guy with 3 points.

Come on Jim. We get that you shake your fist at Kovalchuk's skill like an old man towards rap music but come on man.

He took some bad penalties but without Kovalchuk we probably lose this game. Even with his questionable choices, the man backed his words up tonight.

Niedermayer was the worst forward on the ice tonight.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

What? Ya guys are crazy Zubie got the GWG but Kovalchuk sealed the deal. Sure anyone could have scored the emty netter but it was Kovalchuk who did it. What do I mean by sealing the deal? I remember at the end of this season the Devils have giving up huge goal/s with a few secs or mins left. I still remember the game against Chicago where Devils lost the faceoff and then with what 30? 45 secs left? BAM! game tying goal from Chicago and then Devils lost in the shotout.

I did not watch the first game so I will shutup about that game, but last night game against the Philly Kovalchuk was good. The goal Greene scored Kovalchuk was a good part of it, the shifting, the agility, the pass was accurate to Elias who pass it on to Greene. How how about the pass to White?

Ok he was not that defensively but he hardly cause any problem with that during that game, he was the player who created the offensively when the team could not clear the puck out of the zone. He is the player who can bring the Devils game from defensive to offensive when needed.

The only problem I had with him was the penalty he took in the tradeoff with Powe, Kovalchuk is worth more than Powe. And the penalty he took after challenging Richards. Would be fine if Richards actually fight but he did not, if that the case then Kovalchuk should skate away.

All in all, the 2nd game he bring the offensive game that the Devils needed and was a big part in the winning. Without him the Devils would have lost that game.

If I have any complain is the many penalty the Devils took, because I think if the Flyers are using Pronger to screen Brodeur more during the powerplays that they had the Devils might have lost last nights game.

Pie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

on the Carcillo break in the 3rd, Kovalchuk hustled his ****ing ass back and almost beat BOTH of our defenseman to him.

njdevsfn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Kovalchuk is still trying to do too much, but he was hardly our worst forward last night. I didn't like the dumb penalties, but he was definitely a big factor in the win. He and Elias created Greene's PP goal. He backchecked well. And he did ice the game.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Devilswede

Kovalchuk misses way too many chances. There can't be any patience with him anymore. There's no time to wait for him to fit in and break out. We're in the playoffs. It's do or die. He could've easily won both games for us but he keeps screwing up with his shots.

The empty net goal is irrelevant, anyone could score into an open net with no one on your back. I like Kovy extremely much, but he needs to get a grip on all his chances. He needs to start burying those ****ing chances.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:28 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Considering we win these games as a TEAM and he was incredible when it came to back-checking and keeping the puck in the offensive zone, Kovalchuk is not the problem, especially after he had 3 points. And bull ****ing **** about the ENG being irrelevent, considering no one else on our team knows how to hit an empty net. Without that we go through 35 more seconds of brain numbing, finger biting pressure in our own zone and visions of Game 7 2009.

Well done Kovy. You stepped up and backed up your words.

Old
04-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clalo93 View Post
My first thought of his game are bad... but when I looked at stats I realize that this his Kovy. Great offensive player, but OMG he sucked defensively.

IMO he's been the worst player... but he had 3 points.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:39 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

God damn Kovalchuk's with their hoolahoops and hip hop music.

Old
04-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
God damn Kovalchuk's with their hoolahoops and hip hop music.
"Get in the truck."

Old
04-17-2010, 11:44 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Kovalchuk misses way too many chances. There can't be any patience with him anymore. There's no time to wait for him to fit in and break out. We're in the playoffs. It's do or die. He could've easily won both games for us but he keeps screwing up with his shots.

The empty net goal is irrelevant, anyone could score into an open net with no one on your back. I like Kovy extremely much, but he needs to get a grip on all his chances. He needs to start burying those ****ing chances.
The guy finished with a 3 point night, took some stupid penalties... granted but he did not play a bad game. You do know that he won't score a hat trick every game, right ?!?!?

Some of you need to focus on guys like Niedermayer, Clarkson, Langenbrunner and the others who are all having a bad series thus far, Kovalchuk doesn't belong in that group IMO.

I want more out of Clarkson and our captain.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

The only glorious chance that I thought he really should have had was on that two on one with either Zajac or Langenbrunner (can't remember which, it's irrelevant because he didn't pass anyway). Instead of making the pass, he took the shot. I have no problem with that, Kovy is the better shooter. But he missed the net. I wish he could have gotten it on the net, so there would be a possibility of a rebound even if Boucher saved it.

Old
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
sharp angle try

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
The guy finished with a 3 point night, took some stupid penalties... granted but he did not play a bad game. You do know that he won't score a hat trick every game, right ?!?!?

Some of you need to focus on guys like Niedermayer, Clarkson, Langenbrunner and the others who are all having a bad series thus far, Kovalchuk doesn't belong in that group IMO.

I want more out of Clarkson and our captain.
Kovalchuk Summary:

LOVE the energy and effort level
HATE the sloppiness and stubborness
LESS 60 foot pass attempts and penalties
MORE shots from bad angles and cuts to the center of the ice

He is so amped up he's like a kid wired on a case of mt. dew trying to thread a needle... he's working against himself at times.

Old
04-17-2010, 11:59 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Kovalchuk Summary:

LOVE the energy and effort level
HATE the sloppiness and stubborness
LESS 60 foot pass attempts and penalties
MORE shots from bad angles and cuts to the center of the ice

He is so amped up he's like a kid wired on a case of mt. dew trying to thread a needle... he's working against himself at times.
I agree completely... but he didn't have a bad game. I just find it funny that someone who finished the night with a 3 point performance is getting all the scrutany while captain clutch and Clarkson are flying under the radar.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 12:41 PM
Devils Unseen Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean Kid 23 View Post
Having Kovy on the ice protecting a 1 goal lead with 30 seconds to go isn't usually the best idea, but it worked out tonight.

Just out of curiosity, how loud was the place when Zubie scored?
Actually, that was a brilliant move by JL for the simple fact (although we all know he's so-so defensively) he was desperate to get a goal & if given the puck...he would put it in the net & seal the game away whilst boosting his confidence. Of which, he did.

Devils Unseen Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:06 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Yep the worst Devils forward, the guy with 3 points.

Come on Jim. We get that you shake your fist at Kovalchuk's skill like an old man towards rap music but come on man.

He took some bad penalties but without Kovalchuk we probably lose this game. Even with his questionable choices, the man backed his words up tonight.

Niedermayer was the worst forward on the ice tonight.
We won despite him. He has been a liability the past 2 games.

It is not the penalties...Notice I didn't even mention them. I personally don't mind aggresive penalties -- like White's hit.

It is the bad decisions and turnovers that end up putting unnecessary pressure on our defensemen. It is the blind passes and individualistic moves that have ended cycles and trapped our forwards. Each line Kovalchuk has been on has not cycled well because of his poor decisions and he is making those poor decision on the PP as well.

Our defense has been spectacular, every forward is playing a simple, mistake free and effective game except for Kovalchuk.

Quote:
hey Jim- you are a devils fan right- why do you troll on your own team's boards? Just wondering about the psychology behind it
I don't think I'm trolling?

I typically like to point out the negative after a win because people seem to forget after a win.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:10 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

I guess the game I watched live last night was a spooky aberration.

The guy who backchecked aggressively, saved one goal and had 3 points was our worst forward on the ice. Obviously.

You are letting your fear of what could have happened get in the way of what did happen.

What did happen is that he spoke, and backed up his words.

Old
04-17-2010, 01:15 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
I guess the game I watched live last night was a spooky aberration.

The guy who backchecked aggressively, saved one goal and had 3 points was our worst forward on the ice. Obviously.

You are letting your fear of what could have happened get in the way of what did happen.
What did happen is that he spoke, and backed up his words.
Perhaps.

But these games are way too close for the stunts Kovalchuk is pulling. One mistake can and most likely will be the difference.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:18 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbresistor View Post

Kovalchuk can play better for sure, but the worst Devils forward?
I've been wondering that myself... I've been shouted down by many here who say that he IS a Devils fan but yet....the way he loves to pour cold-water on ANYTHING good regarding the Devils makes me think he could be a double-agent for some other team.

glenwo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:32 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:

It is not the penalties...Notice I didn't even mention them. I personally don't mind aggresive penalties -- like White's hit.

It is the bad decisions and turnovers that end up putting unnecessary pressure on our defensemen. It is the blind passes and individualistic moves that have ended cycles and trapped our forwards. Each line Kovalchuk has been on has not cycled well because of his poor decisions and he is making those poor decision on the PP as well.

Our defense has been spectacular, every forward is playing a simple, mistake free and effective game except for Kovalchuk.

I don't think I'm trolling?

I typically like to point out the negative after a win because people seem to forget after a win.
No one forgets them they just rather enjoy the win for a bit then to harp on the negatives right away! Thats what annoys me about the guy behind me. We are wining yet he still wants to consistently yell Kovy sucks ............. "HELLO HE GOT 3PTS THIS GAME" !

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 04-17-2010 at 01:41 PM.
BrodeurRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:

I understand your points about him not knowing how to cycle and making individualistic moves when he doesn't need to, but I don't think that makes him a liability. He is creating enough chances offensively to offset those defensive shortcomings. I disagree about his decisions on the PP. He has good vision and passing, it's when he tries to stickhandle too much that he gets in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
I've been wondering that myself... I've been shouted down by many here who say that he IS a Devils fan but yet....the way he loves to pour cold-water on ANYTHING good regarding the Devils makes me think he could be a double-agent for some other team.
He is a Devils fan. But he's also a cynic.

Old
04-17-2010, 02:02 PM
CerebralGenesis

I don't blame him for those thoughts. The team as a whole has so much more to improve on. They should be up 2-0 at the least, but found a way to lose game 1. The offense has to be more consistent and get more goals from lines outside of PEZ, prolly gonna get broken for game 3, because we will need it very soon.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 02:03 PM
NJD Kula
yay hockey

this thread reminded me that the bergfors scores thread wont be bumped for some time

bergy was a great guy but w0w kovalchuk gets on the ice and you can feel how he takes control

game 1 was amazing without finish

game 2 he had some key plays and is the hungriest guy ive ever seen try to score empty netters

game 3 i imagine he'll only get better and have more confidence!

kekeeke

NJD Kula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

So when are you happy Jim? You are mad when we lose and are a pessimist after wins...

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote