HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

iTunes question

Old
04-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Cherepanisimov

vCash: 500
iTunes question

First, I'll tell my story. Around two months ago I lost my iPod, because I am a retard. I thought it was still laying around my house, (because my headphones are still at home) but it is still lost as I haven't been able to find it.

Now my problem:
I was just listening to my iTunes on my laptop and when I switched songs to "A Spanish Piece" by Pink Floyd, a message came up from iTunes.

Quote:
This computer is not authorized to play "A Spanish Piece". Would you like to authorize it? To play this song, you must authorize this computer to play songs purchased using the account ***@************.com. You may authorize up to 5 computers for each account.
Here's my problem: That email address isn't mine. I looked up the ************.com part and it was some hair salon website.

Was my iPod found and/or stolen by this guy? Or does iTunes act up like this occaisonally? Any answers are appreciated. If this guy has my device, I'd like to get it back.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 08:40 AM
ladybugblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
First, I'll tell my story. Around two months ago I lost my iPod, because I am a retard. I thought it was still laying around my house, (because my headphones are still at home) but it is still lost as I haven't been able to find it.

Now my problem:
I was just listening to my iTunes on my laptop and when I switched songs to "A Spanish Piece" by Pink Floyd, a message came up from iTunes.

Here's my problem: That email address isn't mine. I looked up the ************.com part and it was some hair salon website.

Was my iPod found and/or stolen by this guy? Or does iTunes act up like this occaisonally? Any answers are appreciated. If this guy has my device, I'd like to get it back.
I have never seen this happen and I don't know how your account could be hacked without your username and password. But I guess it can happen. I would call apple and let them know what happened.

It seems not only did you lose your ipod but could potentially have your entire library stolen as well. Sorry to hear about this.

ladybugblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Cherepanisimov

The problem is that I don't know how a song purchased from another account would show up in my account, when my computer iTunes is obviously through my account.

If he found my iPod, somehow got through the passcode, signed out of my account and into his, and then was dumb enough to purchase a song, I don't understand how a song from his account would end up in my library.

The iTunes on my computer is obviously through my iTunes account, I don't know how any song purchased from another account would end up on my account. I'm especially curious as to how any song would sync over the air to my computer either.

Makes no sense.

Old
04-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Ricelund
We like our team.

I think this is a glitch in iTunes. Something similar happened to me last year. I didn't lose my iPod or anything but I was looking at my account info and for some reason all the information that showed up didn't belong to me. I'm pretty sure it was under my e-mail address but all of the info like name, address, phone number, etc. was another person's. I changed it back and changed my password just to be sure and haven't and an issue since.

I don't know how the song would show up in your library if someone bought it from another computer on a different account.

I'd probably contact Apple.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
I think this is a glitch in iTunes. Something similar happened to me last year. I didn't lose my iPod or anything but I was looking at my account info and for some reason all the information that showed up didn't belong to me. I'm pretty sure it was under my e-mail address but all of the info like name, address, phone number, etc. was another person's. I changed it back and changed my password just to be sure and haven't and an issue since.

I don't know how the song would show up in your library if someone bought it from another computer on a different account.

I'd probably contact Apple.
Did it look like this? With the blurred out areas on the right somebody else's name and email address?

Last edited by Cherepanisimov: 05-10-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old
04-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
Did it look like this? With the blurred out areas on the right somebody else's name and email address?
No, it was in my iTunes account info. I could be wrong though, it happened a while ago.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
It happened to me last week. I wouldn't worry about it. Keep in mind that if you're using iTunes on Windows, it's one of the worst and buggiest applications I've ever used in my life.

Old
04-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
It happened to me last week. I wouldn't worry about it. Keep in mind that if you're using iTunes on Windows, it's one of the worst and buggiest applications I've ever used in my life.
I'm not worried about it, I just want to see if there is a way to use this to recover my lost/stolen ipod.