HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grebeshkov

Old
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Grebeshkov

Looks like he will be healthy as well as Hornqvist for game1!
I like how Chicago has two of their top 4 defensemen out as well (being optimistic)

Anyways,

If Grebeshkov is back in the lineup, why is the Tennessean saying Franson will be sat down??? I think Franson should be there in playoffs for sure, if at the very least for the experience. Snippet from Tennessean, "Franson notched 21 points in 61 games and his plus-15 rating is second best on the Predators"

I would like to see,

Weber Suter
Hamhuis Grebeshkov
Franson Bouillon

Would that not make the most sense??

Also, will hawks d look like this?

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Sopel
Boynton Hendry

Outside of the top two, that is a pretty weak blueline that we could take advantage of! Campbell or Johnsson out for whole series?

Last edited by lightning_legwand*: 04-14-2010 at 03:58 PM.
lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Campbell or Johnsson out for whole series?
Chicago fans seem to think Johnsson may be done...for good.

Darren Dreger is reporting Campbell could be back in time to play in the first round.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
jlsg

You can't sit Klein in for Franson. Yes, Franson has some scoring potential but we can't take away Klein's speed in favor of Franson. Hawks are based on speed, they'll eat Franson up on defense.,

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
predfan98

nowhere does the tennessean say that franson may be sent down.

read it again. or quote with a link where it says that. don't buy it.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Listen. As much as I hate to keep on saying this... Grebeshkov is a tool. He has had a terrible season and there isn't really any reason to think he'll do better with Dan Hamhuis than Tom Gilbert. He has, however, showed great potential, so if that shines through... we'll be set. If he doesn't start performing immediately though...

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Listen. As much as I hate to keep on saying this... Grebeshkov is a tool. He has had a terrible season and there isn't really any reason to think he'll do better with Dan Hamhuis than Tom Gilbert. He has, however, showed great potential, so if that shines through... we'll be set. If he doesn't start performing immediately though...
I'll take your word for it because let's be honest. I know nothing about the Oil.

Old
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
And so who on the Oilers has had a good year? Considering what he's done in the past, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

If they send Fro down, I will be extremely LIVID!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
if he isnt going to play then sending franson down makes sense, the Preds and the Ads are both playing chicago, so a callup in case of injury wouldnt be a problem like it would be if the Preds were playing out west.

hed be better off in the long run playing playoff hockey for the Ads than sitting in the pressbox watching us play the hawks.

jlsg's point is very valid. Fransons weakness is his lack of speed, he'd have to play so cautiously that his offensive potential would be negated or else hed get burned repeatedly by chicagos speedsters

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if he isnt going to play then sending franson down makes sense, the Preds and the Ads are both playing chicago, so a callup in case of injury wouldnt be a problem like it would be if the Preds were playing out west.

hed be better off in the long run playing playoff hockey for the Ads than sitting in the pressbox watching us play the hawks.

jlsg's point is very valid. Fransons weakness is his lack of speed, he'd have to play so cautiously that his offensive potential would be negated or else hed get burned repeatedly by chicagos speedsters
I don't think he'll be sent down and I don't agree that he should. He's the 6th or 7th d, depending on your point of view. It's playoff time, he's familiar with the players and the system. He stays and practices with the team. It's no time to be playing shuffle the player, no matter where anyone is geographically.

Old
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...ting+healthier

Fourth paragraph.

Old
04-13-2010, 08:28 PM
predfan98

Quote:
sorry, don't mean to be negative, but READ IT. nowhere does it say he'll be sent down, it says there is a choice in playing him or Grebs.

Old
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Still don't see where it says they'll send him to milwaukee.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 04:00 AM
WalkmanX

If it was me, i would insert grebs into Kleins spot, but thats just me, i think Franson is a great asset even with his flaws, but only time will tell what will happen

Last edited by WalkmanX: 04-14-2010 at 07:04 AM.
WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 06:34 AM
PredAlert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
If it was me, i would insert grebs into Kleins spot, but thats just me, i think Franson is a great assten even with his flaws, but only time will tell what will happen
I don't think so. As much as I hated Klein during the whole season he has stepped up in the last 2 months or so. He's steady in our zone(I guess Suts's been giving him lessons lately) and isn't making those silly mistakes that he did earlier in the season anymore. Franson is better in the offensive zone but he's inexperienced and might crack in the playoffs(not that Klein can't but he's got quite a bit more NHL experience by now). Every day I'm more convinced Grebs should play on the 2nd pairing with Hamhuis. Maybe I just have too much faith in that Russian devil

PredAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 08:34 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Franson has got size, a wicked shot, plays great d, and has good stick handling skills which is rare with a d-man that size. Klein has improved as the season has gone on but he still gives the puck away often and isnt that consistent. I would feel more comfortable with Franson playing in Kleins spot.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM
token grinder

couple of things---I don't recall franson being on the clear day roster for milwakee, but he could have been. also, I could see it happening since mil is in the playoffs as well and any experience is good experience.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 09:48 AM
deanwormer

Franson is s l o w - definately a problem against the hawks. Grebs likes to pinch and even in his short tenure here got burned doing it - also a problem against the hawks. Klein is not gonna' sit unless he has a complete melt-down - he's been fine since he stopped playing the regular pair with Hammer. Not perfect yet, but he is part of our future.....

If it's me I'm playing Franson in game 1 and if the speed thing becomes a factor I'd play Grebs in game 2. Just don't see how we take a guy that played with us 4 games and been sitting for a month and throw him into the playoff mix like that.

In either case, we can minimize our 6th dmans time on the ice just like Trotz has been doing, so it may actually come down to whoever can help on O and just doesn't do anything stupid.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Franson is s l o w - definately a problem against the hawks. Grebs likes to pinch and even in his short tenure here got burned doing it - also a problem against the hawks. Klein is not gonna' sit unless he has a complete melt-down - he's been fine since he stopped playing the regular pair with Hammer. Not perfect yet, but he is part of our future.....
Which won't matter because it will probably be too late if that happens.

Old
04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
predfan24

I'll give one more reply for this subject and then be done with it until we see which way Trotz goes. I can buy into the theory of playing Grebeshkov because he is more experienced, is both a PK and PP guy( Huge factor). However the whole speed issue with Franson is really is getting WAY overblown. People are acting as if this is peewee hockey and the team with all the fast players is going to blow by one of big lumbering skater all game. This is the NHL. Franson already played here all year against the fastest players night in and night out. You don't have to be a fast straight line skater to play Defense. Plenty of Defensemen are slow of foot in the NHL.( Chris Pronger anyone) It's about proper strategy in defending.

It doesn't matter if you are Duncan Keith or Cody Franson. If you pinch and the forward gets by you the forward is gone. He can accelerate much faster forwards than a defender can transition from backwards to forwards and then accelerate. Sorry for the rant. Just really eating at me.

That being said I'm not against Grebs in for Franson and the more I think about it the more I'm convinced it might be the right move. Tough descion for Trotz.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 02:56 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Still don't see where it says they'll send him to milwaukee.
Well if Franson were not to play for nashville, why wouldn't he get sent to Milwaukee??? Would you rather him playing playoff hockey with the admirals or sitting on a bench watching??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkmanX View Post
If it was me, i would insert grebs into Kleins spot, but thats just me, i think Franson is a great asset even with his flaws, but only time will tell what will happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
Franson has got size, a wicked shot, plays great d, and has good stick handling skills which is rare with a d-man that size. Klein has improved as the season has gone on but he still gives the puck away often and isnt that consistent. I would feel more comfortable with Franson playing in Kleins spot.

Agreed 100% with last two quotes! Cody has played basically an entire season with us now and did NOT look out of place. He is huge and is not as slow as everyone keeps saying. Sure, he is no David Legwand on skates, but he is not that bad with speed. Besides, if speed even was a problem for Franson, that is only 1 problem, when Klein has alot more than 1.

I think opening night should be,

Weber Suter
Hamhuis Grebeshkov
Bouillon Franson

If need be, make some changes and sub in Klein, but I feel friday night's d should look like that.

Old
04-14-2010, 03:11 PM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
Well if Franson were not to play for nashville, why wouldn't he get sent to Milwaukee??? Would you rather him playing playoff hockey with the admirals or sitting on a bench watching??
What??? It's still not what the article says, is it?

Whether I would rather he stays and watches or play with the Ads really doesn't matter. You "quoted" something that wasn't in the article.

Old
04-14-2010, 03:17 PM
PredAlert

Well, as much as a lot of people feel Klein shouldn't play, that's never gonna happen. Trotz has clearly showed that he has plenty of faith in him over the season. There were times when he was MUCH worse than he is now and Trotz kept playing him on the 2nd pairing so I doubt he'll degrade him now just a couple of days before the playoffs.

Weather we want it or not, Klein is gonna play and he better do a good job

PredAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2010, 03:50 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
What??? It's still not what the article says, is it?

Whether I would rather he stays and watches or play with the Ads really doesn't matter. You "quoted" something that wasn't in the article.
Show me where I "quoted" this.

I said the tennessean said that they had to chose basicaly between keeping grebs or cody in the lineup. I just assumed that he would be sent down rather than sit on a bench and not play any playoff hockey, be it NHL or AHL.

I'm just trying to discuss how the playoff picture looks on the blueline because I am very excited about being the playoffs like most of us here!!

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-14-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Attack the argument, not the poster
Old
04-14-2010, 04:03 PM
nine_inch_fang

Quote:
Looks like he will be healthy as well as Hornqvist for game1!
I like how Chicago has two of their top 4 defensemen out as well (being optimistic)

Anyways,

If Grebeshkov is back in the lineup, why is the Tennessean saying Franson will be sent down??? I think Franson should be there in playoffs for sure, if at the very least for the experience. Snippet from Tennessean, "Franson notched 21 points in 61 games and his plus-15 rating is second best on the Predators"

I would like to see,

Weber Suter
Hamhuis Grebeshkov
Franson Bouillon

Would that not make the most sense??

Also, will hawks d look like this?

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Sopel
Boynton Hendry

Outside of the top two, that is a pretty weak blueline that we could take advantage of! Campbell or Johnsson out for whole series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Someone asking you to provide a link

Quote:
you providing a link that doesn't say anything about him being sent down.

All we did was ask you to back up a statement you made and you can't.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 04-14-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Again, attack the thought, not the poster...