HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010 Manchester Monarchs Playoffs Thread - Conference Finals (Hershey wins 4-2)

Old
05-06-2010, 09:34 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Kyle Clifford called up to Manchester according to Rich.. Most of us discussed this move earlier on.. Good move, get the kid some solid experience, he's a solid player.. Let's just hope that he gets to play

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 09:35 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/05/06...rd-to-monachs/

Quote:
The Barrie Colts of the OHL announced today that Kyle Clifford has been assigned to the Monarchs for the rest of the playoffs. Clifford, a second-round pick of the Kings last year who signed an entry-level contract in September, had 28 goals and 29 assists in 58 games with Barrie this season and is known as a very hard-nosed, aggressive player. It will be interesting to see what the Monarchs do with Clifford. Just today, coach Mark Morris mentioned to me that the Monarchs have been using seven defensemen because they have so many players they’d like to get in the lineup. It will be interesting to see if they find a spot for Clifford.

Old
05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Kyle Clifford called up to Manchester according to Rich.. Most of us discussed this move earlier on.. Good move, get the kid some solid experience, he's a solid player.. Let's just hope that he gets to play

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Who here watches the games? Would you be able to draw out the depth chart of the Monarchs? Who plays on who's line? I know Lewis-Loktionov-Moller play on the same line, but how do the other lines work and where do you think Clifford would go? Same for the defensive pairings, thanks

Old
05-06-2010, 10:15 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Who here watches the games? Would you be able to draw out the depth chart of the Monarchs? Who plays on who's line? I know Lewis-Loktionov-Moller play on the same line, but how do the other lines work and where do you think Clifford would go? Same for the defensive pairings, thanks

Yesterday i believe they where skating

Moller-Loktionov-Lewis

Holloway-Azevedo-King

Meckler-Elkins-Cliche

Gauthier-Zieler-Kolomatis

Campbell-Voynov

Bagnall-Piskula

Martinez-Muzzin

**they may have used different players in the in the 4th line winger spot. I can lose track of players when i don't have play by play guy say their names. (that's ADD for ya. lol)

Clifford will likely take the 7th d-man spot aka winger and play on the 3rd or 4th line

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Well Clifford is a better option at wing than Kolomatis, that's for sure.

Old
05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Yep, it always seems like Hershey is the team to beat every year. It's crazy, they're like the Red Wings of the NHL (well, not this year). If the Monarchs make it to the 3rd round, they'll have a tough task ahead of them, that's for sure.
The Hershey Bears have been in the AHL *72* years. Most teams in the AHL - getting to 7 years is an accomplishment. They fill their building consistently while most other AHL arenas struggle with attendance this time of year (oddly, many teams including Manchester draw larger crowds earlier in the season and the crowds taper off as the season wears on).

They do skew older. They've got Aucoin, Giroux, Helmer, Kane and several other players age 26 and older so clearly Hershey (Washington) is willing to give up some developmental roster spots for older players to try to gain an advantage. It's certainly worked so far.

If they get to the conference final, Bernier's going to have to come up huge if the Monarchs are going to have a prayer of beating them.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Hershey's getting more reinforcement, not only did John Carlson and Karl Alzner join their team after Washington was eliminated from the playoffs, but the Barrie Colts' captain, Stefan Della Rovere will be also be joining them.. Hershey is a scary good team

Old
05-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Hershey's getting more reinforcement, not only did John Carlson and Karl Alzner join their team after Washington was eliminated from the playoffs, but the Barrie Colts' captain, Stefan Della Rovere will be also be joining them.. Hershey is a scary good team
Jesus

If the Monarchs get out of this round and manage anything vs Hershey, Bernier is going to have put on a performance for the ages...

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We got talent too. Even if the odds are stacked against us, we have some pretty good talents going up against them either way. They can go all the way... They will go all the way. In Bernier we trust! GO MONARCHS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 02:43 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Bernier numbers postseason & regular season:

GP: 67 GA: 130 Min: 3968 GAA: 1.98 W:37 L: 23 SO: 11

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 07:57 AM
kkempy

Quote:
Well Clifford is a better option at wing than Kolomatis, that's for sure.
I haven't noticed Kolomatis on a line(didn't make Wednesday's game). Have seen Piskula and Mullen play there. Morris switches lines up all the time. I don't even try to keep track of them. I think they have been a bit more consistent in the playoffs though!

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Monarchs need to give Bernier some support tonight.

Go Monarchs!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 08:31 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I hope we get to see K. Clifford, I know for a fact he'll not only help the Monarchs offensively but he can grind it out and help the bottom 6 guys.

I'm also surprised Nicolas Deslauriers didn't get an Amateur Tryout, his QMJHL was kicked out of the playoffs a couple weeks ago, actually nvm, Manchester has like 9 defenseman already hahahaha

Old
05-07-2010, 09:12 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
I hope we get to see K. Clifford, I know for a fact he'll not only help the Monarchs offensively but he can grind it out and help the bottom 6 guys.

I'm also surprised Nicolas Deslauriers didn't get an Amateur Tryout, his QMJHL was kicked out of the playoffs a couple weeks ago, actually nvm, Manchester has like 9 defenseman already hahahaha
Clifford should bump the 7th d-man out and possible drop Cliche or King to the fourth line on the wing. Personally I'd like to see him as the other wing with Bud and Azevedo...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Stefan is a ****ing punk, Alex Burrows 2.0 basically

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Bernier numbers postseason & regular season:

GP: 67 GA: 130 Min: 3968 GAA: 1.98 W:37 L: 23 SO: 11
Not much run support apparently. Those #'s are excellent all things considered.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 12:46 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I just asked the Monarch's twitter if Clifford will be in uniform for the game tonight. They said he will be a game-time decision made by the coaching staff.

Here's to hoping he's in the lineup!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:04 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Great news on Clifford but I'm actually surprised to see that King is on the second line. I know King can score some but I figured he'd be better suited for mostly 3rd or maybe some 4th line.

I guess I'll go checkout his stats on the 'narchs site.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
1 – Number of times Worcester was shut out during the 2009-10 regular season, a 4-0 loss to Chad Johnson and Hartford on Nov. 14... The Sharks have been blanked twice in the last three games by Jonathan Bernier and Manchester.
The Monarchs need to come out fast and get a couple of goals in the 1st. Put more pressure on the Sharks!

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Johnny Utah

This line up reminds me of the Montreal Canadians...Loktionov, Holloway, and Moller up front are like Gionta, Cammy and Gomez and Voynov is like Spacek/Markov and Bernier is lights out like Halak.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:27 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
This line up reminds me of the Montreal Canadians...Loktionov, Holloway, and Moller up front are like Gionta, Cammy and Gomez and Voynov is like Spacek/Markov and Bernier is lights out like Halak.
Montreal's luck is going to run out soon, Manchester is going all the way

Old
05-07-2010, 01:28 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Great news on Clifford but I'm actually surprised to see that King is on the second line. I know King can score some but I figured he'd be better suited for mostly 3rd or maybe some 4th line.

I guess I'll go checkout his stats on the 'narchs site.
King is on the second line mostly because he's the physical presence on that line, most of his scoring is trickle down from Azevedo and Holloway secondary assists and the like. Azevedo is pretty much a midget and Holloway while he won't shy away from contact isn't really known as hitter. King brings the grit to that line on dump in and what not. That's why I'm hoping if Clifford plays he ends up on that line as I'd consider him as just as gritty if not more so, but more skilled than King...

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
King is on the second line mostly because he's the physical presence on that line, most of his scoring is trickle down from Azevedo and Holloway secondary assists and the like. Azevedo is pretty much a midget and Holloway while he won't shy away from contact isn't really known as hitter. King brings the grit to that line on dump in and what not. That's why I'm hoping if Clifford plays he ends up on that line as I'd consider him as just as gritty if not more so, but more skilled than King...
Yeah, that's why I sort of mentioned King because I thought if King could play there, why not Clifford? Originally, I thought Clifford would replace Westy but why not have Clifford on the 2nd line and slide King down to 3rd or 4th?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2010, 01:58 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I feel like Clifford won't play tonight maybe because the staff doesn't want to mess with the chemistry of the team right now.. If Manchester loses tonight, then maybe they'll put both Hickey & Clifford in for game 7. Hickey is actually practicing with the team right now but no word on when he'll be back, realistically there's just no room.