HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2010 Manchester Monarchs Playoffs Thread - Conference Finals (Hershey wins 4-2)

Old
04-28-2010, 05:39 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
No way no how Hickey makes the NHL next year. He needs to ****ing EARN it like Bernier, Moller, Purcell, etc. Sadly, he can't do so when he's hurt. Thems the breaks.
Isn't that what I said?

I said if Hickey beats out Voinov in the preseason (which translates to earning a spot) then he should make the club. Whether he missed a year or not in manchester is irrelevant as long as he is the better player come next preseason.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 05:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
I sort of agree with the idea that the best player available should be the one that makes the team but, I also feel that Hickey should have to prove that he can stay healthy for at least half a season before he gets his shot.

Here's why. Lets say that Hickey makes the team and has an impact right off the bat. The team gets used to him both on and off the ice and learns how to rely/depend on his game. Then he does what he has proven himself more than capable of these past three seasons and that is get injured.

If he has had a positive impact his absence could do some harm and replacing him at the mid point or later could make his loss a pretty serious thing.

Let him simmer in the AHL, prove he can stay healthy and has his injury bug behind him and then bring him up and work him into the line up. If Voynov has established himself then adding a player like Hickey gives us leverage at addressing other needs.

One thing for certain is that if he is getting hammered and injured at the AHL level then it isn't going to be easier at the NHL level on him.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Mike The Franchise

Does anybody have a link to a website that streams the games it would be muchly appreciated.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:07 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

^Yes where can i watch these AHL games?

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:30 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 View Post
^Yes where can i watch these AHL games?
Well, ahllive.com is where the game should be available ($10.00 per playoff game). Unfortunately, the feed sucks as of late. The Monarchs game in Worcester didn't work Sunday, these jokers try and blame it on everyone's computers, same problem tonight. The game is between the third period and the first OT and the feed hasn't worked for more than 10 seconds in total. I don't know any place else to watch the games, unless you can come to New England!

Score 2-2.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Mike The Franchise

screw it im not willing to pay to watch games on my computer.

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Holloway with his 5th game winning goal in OT.

Monarchs ties the series 1-1.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Holloway with his 5th game winning goal in OT.

Monarchs ties the series 1-1.
Very cool! Final score?

Any scoring from Moller, Lewis, Lokti etc?

Old
04-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
3-2

elkins
azavedo
holloway

1 assist for Moller on Elkins PP goal.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:03 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk89 View Post
screw it im not willing to pay to watch games on my computer.
We hook up a laptop to our tv and watch it like that, beats watching it on a computer. But still, ahllive leaves a lot to be desired.

Great win by the M's, way to go Bud

Old
04-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Fat Elvis

Holloway has shown a bunch of improvement this season. 5 game winners in the playoffs, all of their winning goals . Does he have enough talent and heart to make it in a few games next season?

Big win tonight!

Last edited by Fat Elvis: 04-28-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Holloway has shown a tone of improvement this season. 5 game winners in the playoffs, all of their winning goals . Does he have enough talent and heart to make it in a few games next season?

Big win tonight!
As well as Holloway seems to be doing for the monarchs, I don't think us kings fans see him as part of our future. At least, I haven't noticed many if any posts about him.

Old
04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKFAN View Post
Well, ahllive.com is where the game should be available ($10.00 per playoff game). Unfortunately, the feed sucks as of late.
the feed from worcester didn't work at all tonight...as i heard it from the Monarchs FO, the problem was with Charter Communications in Worcester - not enough bandwidth or some such thing.

as far as i know the only place you can get a video feed is on theahl.com. audio feed is always (or almost always) available on the team's website.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

That sucks about the feed not working. There a viewing party in Manchester today as well. AHL Live is terrible. They're way way way over-priced and provide terrible service. Sadly it's only way to see games other then going to the game it's self. Earlier this year sites like atdhe.net and channelsurfing.net where streaming the games live, which was wonderful because nobody should have to pay for that poor service. But it seems the AHL caught on and put a stop to it. They guys who run this are idiots. Free promotion for league...

I did however go to the game. Obviously Monarchs won 3-2 overtime. All in all they played a good game. Played a better 1st then the Sharks, but where dominated by the Sharks in the 2nd. The 5-3 penalty kill hurt. Expically since they where 9 seconds away from killing it. And the first goal Bernier let up was weak and he should have stop that. The Shark player came down the wing on his blocker and side and Bernier left a whole for the player to shot and score in... But Bernier also made some brilliant saves to keep the Monarchs in it. In the 2nd he made a amazing diving blocker save on a 2 on 1 breakaway. The Monarchs came out with all guns firing in the 3rd period and it became clear the Monarchs where gonna score and they did. The really dominated the 3rd period and overtime. Voynov played a great defensive game, was great in the 3rd deflecting a 2 on 1 pass well into the stands. Interesting note from the game was the Monarchs only dressed 11 forwards and had Lewis and Moller double shifting on the 4th line. Not sure why. Westgarth was healthy scratch haven't heard about any injuries with him. He skated in warm-ups. I got to talk to him briefly in the 3rd intermission as he was game down to the "bar area" to watch the end of the Caps/Habs game. But i didn't want to ask "why aren't you playing?" Since he seems healthy.

All in all Monarchs looked pretty good!! Can't wait for friday night

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Also a great turn out from Monarchs fans who where way more into the game then sharks fans. There was several LOUD "Let's Go Monarchs" chants going and well as pumped up and vocal horn beeping Monarchs fans roaming the streets of Worcester afterwards!

Old
04-28-2010, 11:00 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

hahahaha yes 'Narchs, gotta update that title thread to 1-1, now the go back to Manchester and gotta take that lead in the series. Bud Holloway is actually solid, I can see him getting called up

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Also Bud Halloway has scored the game winning goal in all 5 wins so far this post-season including two OT wins. He one shying of tying a record!

Old
04-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
Also Bud Halloway has scored the game winning goal in all 5 wins so far this post-season including two OT wins. He one shying of tying a record!
Thanks for the report, we really appreciate it here.

I've seen Holloway play in Ontario last season and he looked really good. He can skate really well, has good offensive instincts and a nice wrister. Why is he not getting more love?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
That sucks about the feed not working. There a viewing party in Manchester today as well. AHL Live is terrible. They're way way way over-priced and provide terrible service. Sadly it's only way to see games other then going to the game it's self. Earlier this year sites like atdhe.net and channelsurfing.net where streaming the games live, which was wonderful because nobody should have to pay for that poor service. But it seems the AHL caught on and put a stop to it. They guys who run this are idiots. Free promotion for league...

I did however go to the game. Obviously Monarchs won 3-2 overtime. All in all they played a good game. Played a better 1st then the Sharks, but where dominated by the Sharks in the 2nd. The 5-3 penalty kill hurt. Expically since they where 9 seconds away from killing it. And the first goal Bernier let up was weak and he should have stop that. The Shark player came down the wing on his blocker and side and Bernier left a whole for the player to shot and score in... But Bernier also made some brilliant saves to keep the Monarchs in it. In the 2nd he made a amazing diving blocker save on a 2 on 1 breakaway. The Monarchs came out with all guns firing in the 3rd period and it became clear the Monarchs where gonna score and they did. The really dominated the 3rd period and overtime. Voynov played a great defensive game, was great in the 3rd deflecting a 2 on 1 pass well into the stands. Interesting note from the game was the Monarchs only dressed 11 forwards and had Lewis and Moller double shifting on the 4th line. Not sure why. Westgarth was healthy scratch haven't heard about any injuries with him. He skated in warm-ups. I got to talk to him briefly in the 3rd intermission as he was game down to the "bar area" to watch the end of the Caps/Habs game. But i didn't want to ask "why aren't you playing?" Since he seems healthy.

All in all Monarchs looked pretty good!! Can't wait for friday night

correction on this post. Westgarth did start the game but left the game with a injury. Seems to be okay though. That would answer my inner thoughts of "i swear he was playing earlier"

Old
04-29-2010, 01:50 AM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

Quote:

I've seen Holloway play in Ontario last season and he looked really good. He can skate really well, has good offensive instincts and a nice wrister. Why is he not getting more love?
Ive been wondering this all year.

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 05:53 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk View Post
Ive been wondering this all year.
Because 19 goals and 47 points in a career season in the AHL isn't very thrilling. He is proving to be quite the clutch scorer though which certainly has its value. Hopefully he can continue to improve.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 07:50 AM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynutz View Post
the feed from worcester didn't work at all tonight...as i heard it from the Monarchs FO, the problem was with Charter Communications in Worcester - not enough bandwidth or some such thing.

as far as i know the only place you can get a video feed is on theahl.com. audio feed is always (or almost always) available on the team's website.
It's not much better than the old B2 used to be. It's a problem from many arenas, not just Worcester, it's Portland, Lowell, Providence, Hartford, Springfield..... It's one poor excuse after another. On a regular basis these clowns try to put the blame on individuals computer....no I don't think so when no one that's logged on can watch more than 10 seconds of the game. The problem is them (I could care less about Charter Communications.....I pay ahllive for the feed). I have received refunds for Sundays game and last nights game and won't bother to go thru this again.

LETS GO MONARCHS!!!!!!!!!

Old
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Holloway's stats are "meh", but this streak of his scoring in the clutch is mighty impressive.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Holloway's stats are "meh", but this streak of his scoring in the clutch is mighty impressive.

From what I understand from the Manchester faithfull. Holloway when given the chance, produced. The problem was/is that he for what ever reason wasn't always given the chance (ie, reduced or no PP time, 4th line minutes and the such). The guy has always put up numbers, wore a letter in juniors and been known to show up every night. It'll be interesting to see what he does next season. He's my pick for the 2010-2011 Scott Parse.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2010, 10:59 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Because 19 goals and 47 points in a career season in the AHL isn't very thrilling. He is proving to be quite the clutch scorer though which certainly has its value. Hopefully he can continue to improve.
You're right! But his 47 points is still better than Elkins' 43 and Cliche's 25, both of whom recieved callups this year. Granted both those guys are more mature but it kind of makes me wonder why no one seems to mention Holloway other than as Hickey's old buddy...

In a perfect world I could see him maybe filling Williams role a few years from now, or maybe at the very least a role like Richardson played this year on the Kings. Holloway and Azevedo certainly seem to be having some success together and I'm hoping it continues.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote