HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Germany at the 2010 World Championship

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2010, 10:52 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

vCash: 500
Germany at the 2010 World Championship

Is there a Prelim German roster out there yet?

Last edited by Systemfel: 04-17-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old
04-17-2010, 10:55 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Is there a Prelim German roster out there yet?
moreless:

http://deb-online.de/neu/medien/Kade...ng_PhaseII.xls

it's the current roster for the games vs norway. without any players of the DEL semi-finals and no NHLer/AHLer.

so i guess around 13-15 of those will make the WC team.

Old
04-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Tronador

I was surprised to see, that Eduard Lewandowski and Justin Krüger are part of the team!!

After the 3-0 win against Norway in the first game, they also won the second test with 8-2!!

Old
04-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Sanderson

Looks like they are playing well right now. Guess that means they will completely suck once the tournament starts, just like last year

So, the first changes to the roster have been made:

Denis Reul and Marcus Kink have been cut, in come Kai Hospelt, Christopher Fischer, Thomas Greilinger and Michael Bakos.

Sigh, I guess Bakos will be on the final roster yet again

Last edited by Sanderson: 04-19-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old
04-19-2010, 06:05 AM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Looks like they are playing well right now. Guess that means they will completely suck once the tournament starts, just like last year

So, the first changes to the roster have been made:

Denis Reul and Marcus Kink have been cut, in come Kai Hospelt, Christopher Fischer, Thomas Greilinger and Michael Bakos.

Sigh, I guess Bakos will be on the final roster yet again
I just expressed my feelings regarding Bakos in the "Road to Gelsenkirchen" thread in the Germany forum.

I might as well say it again here: "I can't believe he still hasn't played himself off the team."

By the way any thoughts on who Krupp should nominate from the finalists once the season is over?

The only ones I can think of right now are Reiß (Hannover), Endras
and Olver (Augsburg). Anyone I'm forgetting?

Old
04-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Tronador

Great to hear, that Christopher Fischer will get a chance...and i hope Gawlik will play at the WC!

But Bakos...

Old
04-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Bobeez

Bakos is hurt and will miss the WC

thanks (hockey)god

Old
04-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobeez View Post
Bakos is hurt and will miss the WC

thanks (hockey)god
I hope Bakos gets well real soon, just not too soon.

Old
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
smitty10

I'm assuming that Hecht, Goc, Gogulla and Schubert will all be on the team. What about Dietrich and Schutz? Any chance we will see them? And I'm guessing Patzold will be the goalie, won't he?

Old
04-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Dfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I'm assuming that Hecht, Goc, Gogulla and Schubert will all be on the team. What about Dietrich and Schutz? Any chance we will see them? And I'm guessing Patzold will be the goalie, won't he?
Hecht is injured. Schubert is not on the radar. Gogulla and Schütz joined the preliminary team. And I don't know about Goc, Dietrich and Sulzer. Busch is injured. Pätzold got cut. Kotschnew will probably get the starting spot with Endras (who has been amazing in the playoffs) being his backup. Ehelechner gets cut in favor of Zepp for the 3rd spot.

Again Krupps nominees are based on subjective past merit instead of current shape. That's the only reason why Dolak and Olver are not even being considered. Those were the two guys who lead their teams to the finals.

Old
04-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
Hecht is injured. Schubert is not on the radar. Gogulla and Schütz joined the preliminary team. And I don't know about Goc, Dietrich and Sulzer. Busch is injured. Pätzold got cut. Kotschnew will probably get the starting spot with Endras (who has been amazing in the playoffs) being his backup. Ehelechner gets cut in favor of Zepp for the 3rd spot.

Again Krupps nominees are based on subjective past merit instead of current shape. That's the only reason why Dolak and Olver are not even being considered. Those were the two guys who lead their teams to the finals.
I think they have contacted Dietrich and Sulzer, but I have also not heard anything so far about their participation. And even if Hecht gets healthy in time, I don't think he's gonna play. I really hope Goc will play, because he is usually good when he plays for Germany.

Dolak would be a nice addition, but Olver is the one that really bugs me. We have so few players who can actually score goals but still Krupp won't nominate him. I don't get it.
Although this is not the first time that there are very few players from the champion and the finalist on the team. Although usually that is due to the fact that the finals were barely, if at all, over when the tournament started.

I was really worried about the goal scoring before, but without Busch and Olver, that leaves only Wolf and maybe Goc. Wow! Kotschnew and Endras better be up to deliver great performances.

Old
04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Sanderson

Sulzer, Goc and Gogulla will be with the team for the game against Canada in Hamburg. After that game the final roster will be decided.

Dietrich is still an option, but he was or still is injured, so they will have to wait and see if it makes sense to nominate him.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Dfire

I just read that Krupp almost stepped down because his wife got diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. She urged him not to.

Get well Valerie Krupp!

Old
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
smitty10

Quote:

Why isn't Schubert on the radar? He's one of the best defenseman that Germany has.

Old
04-29-2010, 12:09 AM
garbageteam

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Why isn't Schubert on the radar? He's one of the best defenseman that Germany has.
He wasn't even selected for the Olympics

Old
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbageteam View Post
He wasn't even selected for the Olympics
That doesn't mean that he shouldn't have been. He should have been on the Olympic team, and I think he would have been added late (like Hecht), but he injured himself and wouldn't have been able to play anyways. After watching that German team play, there is no doubt in my mind that he should have been on the team as their defense was pretty awful outside of Ehrhoff and Seidenberg. Having Schubert on the team would have given them much more depth and would have taken some of the minutes from Ehrhoff and Seidenberg and given them a chance to rest more.

Old
04-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Dfire

Krupp cut Osterloh, Baxmann, Lewandowski and Gawlik (!) and added 7 new players. after tuesdays game vs Canada he's gonna cut 4 defenders and 4 forwards out of the current squad:

goalies: Kotschnew, Endras, Zepp

defenders: Krueger, Holzer, Butenschön, Schmidt, Fischer, Dietrich, Hördler, Sulzer, N.Goc, C.Braun, Reiss

forwards: Felski, M.Wolf, Hospelt, Tripp, Kreutzer, Rankel, Marcel Müller, A.Barta, Y.Seidenberg, Greilinger, Ullmann, Hager, Schütz, M.Goc, Gogulla

Last edited by Dfire: 04-29-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old
04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Can anyone comment how Gawlik played?

Old
04-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Dfire

The one game I watched he was Germanys best forward. Seemed skilled in 1on1s and seems to have at least some instinct in front of the net. His skating was ok. his problem is that he's undersized.

Old
04-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Krupp cut Osterloh, Baxmann, Lewandowski and Gawlik (!) and added 7 new players. after tuesdays game vs Canada he's gonna cut 4 defenders and 4 forwards out of the current squad:

goalies: Kotschnew, Endras, Zepp

defenders: Krueger, Holzer, Butenschön, Schmidt, Fischer, Dietrich, Hördler, Sulzer, N.Goc, C.Braun, Reiss

forwards: Felski, M.Wolf, Hospelt, Tripp, Kreutzer, Rankel, Marcel Müller, A.Barta, Y.Seidenberg, Greilinger, Ullmann, Hager, Schütz, M.Goc, Gogulla
Anyone wanna predict who gets cut? If it is 4 and 4 I expect Krupp to cut: Fischer, C.Braun, Krueger, Hördler, Kreutzer, Y.Seidenberg, Hager and Schütz. But that is just me guessing.

Cutting Gawlik seems rediculous, but I haven't seen him play or practice so maybe it is the right choice. I just find it hard to believe given his play this season and Krupp's judgement in the past.

Old
04-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
The one game I watched he was Germanys best forward. Seemed skilled in 1on1s and seems to have at least some instinct in front of the net. His skating was ok. his problem is that he's undersized.
So is Schütz, but he is one feisty little man. Still I expect Krupp to cut him as well.
I mean who needs players that can score goals, if you got players who can turn the puck over a lot, and choke in front of net, right?

Old
04-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Krüger
Fischer
Braun
Hördler

Hager
Seidenberg
Müller/Kreutzer/Greillinger

Old
04-30-2010, 02:02 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
So is Schütz, but he is one feisty little man. Still I expect Krupp to cut him as well.
I mean who needs players that can score goals, if you got players who can turn the puck over a lot, and choke in front of net, right?
That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a football coach.

"And now for the easiest part of any coach's job: the cuts. You're cut, you too. And you....*snip*..Stephen, I like your hustle. That's why it was so hard to cut you."

Anyway, what's the deal with Gawlik? I remembe a while back he was a legit threat to be drafted by an NHL club, then he wrecked his shoulder and seemed to fall off the face of the earth in terms of the prospect of coming to North America. Is it safe to say his career will play out entirely in Germany/Europe? I'm looking at his hockeydb numbers and his 09/10 #s for Frankfurt seem pretty solid.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 57 GP, 18-28-11 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
That reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a football coach.

"And now for the easiest part of any coach's job: the cuts. You're cut, you too. And you....*snip*..Stephen, I like your hustle. That's why it was so hard to cut you."

Anyway, what's the deal with Gawlik? I remembe a while back he was a legit threat to be drafted by an NHL club, then he wrecked his shoulder and seemed to fall off the face of the earth in terms of the prospect of coming to North America. Is it safe to say his career will play out entirely in Germany/Europe? I'm looking at his hockeydb numbers and his 09/10 #s for Frankfurt seem pretty solid.
I don't think he will make it to North America and remain in Germany for the most part of his career. He might make it to one of the better European leagues but I think the NHL is out of reach for him. But I fully expect him to become one of the best players in the DEL. As long as he doesn't get injured again, that is.

Without the bad injuries he may have had a shot to come to North America when hew was 19 or something and maybe he could have adjusted to the North American game. But now, I don't see him getting there especially in terms of physicality. His other skills are pretty good, but just not good enough to make up for what he lacks.

But that's only my take on Gawlik and I'm far from an expert, so others might disagree.

Old
04-30-2010, 07:20 AM
Dfire

predicted cuts: Hördler, Fischer, N.Goc, Dietrich; Y.Seidenberg, Schütz, Ullmann, Hager

Closed Thread