HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks 4/17/10 WCQF Game 2 OT Win!

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2010, 12:43 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
A Canucks fan just called Wayne Simmonds the N word. Real classy.
really can you paste the comment?

Old
johnjm22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Canucks should win the next 3, I mean IMHO, LA looks flat out horrible for a "playoff" team, th eonly one who played well was the ****** and Quick. The reffing was crap and we got the short end of the stick.

Where has "The next coming of Bobby Orr" in Doughty been? Brown? Smyth looks like ****, trying to throw hits and falls on his ass. LA hasnt been able to do anything 5 on 5. They need PP's to have a chance at making this series go to game 5 and they get it from the **** Refs. Kopitar has been Meh, he made a nice pass to the Nig on the 3 on 1, which was basically their only 5 on 5 tally when Salo ****ed up at the blue line. Lou has played great, cant ask for much more when your on the PK all night. That too many men penalty shouldnt be called if your not going to call LA on any of their Interference high sitcks, Goalie Int. and many more. LA looks really bad and I would be worried if I were them. Wow, I thought they would come out and try to win, but they looked like ****, they got a PP and it took 'em 4 times to score.

As said before, SOB gets his glove up on whoever the **** that mediocre peice of **** was, and The ****** punches him on the ground and no call?

Im not rasict, I just dont know what to call him. Give me an infraction I dont give a ****.
Reported.

Old
kingsfan28
Its All About Sv Pct

Bring your chicken Monday:

Old
04-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soth View Post
I thought LA played a great game - much much stronger than game 1. Buuut, I didn't like that last penalty we took. Whatever bad penalties happen - should be a good series.

Canucks coach in live interview basically said that the too many men on the ice penalty was a BS call. Bieksa did touch the puck, but he was coming off the ice so he is allowed to touch. The people coming on the ice are the ones that cannot touch the puck. It was a linesman that made the call.
FYI:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Rules
If in the course of making a substitution, either the player entering the game or the player (or goalkeeper) retiring from the ice surface plays the puck with his stick, skates or hands or who checks or makes any physical contact with an opposing player while either the player entering the game or the retiring player is actually on the ice, then the infraction of “too many men on the ice” will be called.

Old
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

No reason to ever bring back Jones or Ivanans, sans injury.

Williams is a good player and needs to be reinstated at some point.

Old
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauspaint View Post
what are the crowd chanting?
Referees suck!

Old
04-18-2010, 12:45 AM
bcking

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
Eh. It was definitely the wrong call. AV explained it pretty well in his presser than a player coming off the ice from an injury is allowed to make a change from that distance.
If a paper cut is considered an injury I guess they did make the wrong call.............oh well

Old
04-18-2010, 12:46 AM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soth View Post
I thought LA played a great game - much much stronger than game 1. Buuut, I didn't like that last penalty we took. Whatever bad penalties happen - should be a good series.

Canucks coach in live interview basically said that the too many men on the ice penalty was a BS call. Bieksa did touch the puck, but he was coming off the ice so he is allowed to touch. The people coming on the ice are the ones that cannot touch the puck. It was a linesman that made the call.

Good news is I think our coach has finally woken to the fact that playing Alberts should never happen again.
In regards to the too many men, Jim Fox had an interesting look on it in that the puck was disrupted on that change by the Canucks in what was going to be an outnumbered attack.

He thinks that may have tipped the scales on whether they would call it or let it go. That's his analysis though.

Old
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounge Act View Post
apologies in adsavance for what will proabbbly be anincoherent post - i do enjoy jag when i'min a celebratory mopd - but i just want to congratulate everyone again for what was a well earned victory ina hostriole environemt. WHat a game, what a series!

I want to metnion thst in the years gone by that we've sat on the sidelines, I'Ove only trooted against teams because i despised them. But this kings team is something speial and I feel a connection to them, and I called them to make the scf before April - they gave me that kind of vibe.

I wanted Smytty to score the ewinner with one of this patented gargabe goals because the outrage would have been wo0nmderful but as long asthekIngs win it's all good. Drew ******* Doughty...wopw! I've never fdelt this way towarda another team before, maybe it's th jager talking but man the kings have a butt that won' quit they got these big chewy pretzels egzdflgsfdlgkljh five doallars! getoutta here! Go KINGS GO GO GO
Have another beer on me my man! Series is tied up *****es!

Old
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Eh. It was definitely the wrong call. AV explained it pretty well in his presser than a player coming off the ice from an injury is allowed to make a change from that distance.
There is no provision for an injured player. Plus Bieska played the puck after his replacement jumped on the ice. If they are going to ***** about a call, at least they should get it right. Stoll's clearing attempt deflected off of Sedin's stick and he was still called for delay of game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Rule Book
If in the course of making a substitution, either the player entering the game or the player (or goalkeeper) retiring from the ice surface plays the puck with his stick, skates or hands or who checks or makes any physical contact with an opposing player while either the player entering the game or the retiring player is actually on the ice, then the infraction of “too many men on the ice” will be called.

Old
04-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Thank god we didn't get swept! Go Kings! Oh, and JJ was great tonight! Dewey played close to 33 minutes tonight, insane!

Old
04-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

and one for Shelle ...

Thank you so much! I'm so proud of him, haha.

Old
04-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Return of the King

F yeah!!!!

Old
Ollie Weeks

Well, thats what, 3 threads incinerated in the post game? Western Canada is losing its ****!

Old
parabola
༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫

Hmmm... Either way does it matter. LA won, they should have won.

Canucks need to be much better if they want to win this series. Like not play Alberts or sit on leads.

04-18-2010, 12:51 AM
hangons

I believe we've seen the last of Jones...

Big game by our Kings tonight... I'd be surprised if Jones plays another minute the rest of the way...
Huge game by Doughty and Simmonds in particular... GO KINGS. Don't let the door hit you on the way out Randy...

Old
04-18-2010, 12:51 AM
bcking

Quote:
Hmmm... Either way does it matter. LA won, they should have won.

Canucks need to be much better if they want to win this series. Like not play Alberts or sit on leads.
Hey, Just wondering if your a global moderator

Old
04-18-2010, 12:52 AM
onlyalad

Quote:

But yes the complaining about the refs is stupid. How many bad calls were there on LA? Many. No excuse really.

LA deserved to win. Ever since the first goal it was pretty much all LA.
While normally that is true. I think that if the puck did not hit a Vancouver player they would not have made the call, but since it broke up a 2 on 1 for the Kings the call was made. Just bad luck.

Old
Quattro

wow, I just took a peek at the main board which I rarely do. We have a lot of idiots at times here but you have to flat out question the mental health of some of those Canucks fans.

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Don't be so sure with Murray....I fully expect Jones in the lineup and Stoll back on the point in LA.

I sure hope not, but Murray does strange things.

Old
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24frolov View Post
LOL... I love that clip.

Between Jonathan Quick looking like he was giving his postgame interview on his couch at home to Dean Lombardi's GWG reaction being two hand claps and a sip of his beverage. The whole organization just exudes that feeling of "well yeah we won but we're just getting started".

Huge, huge win. Tied series. Bringing a win, home ice advantage and momentum home with them to Staples Center. I hope we fans blow the roof off that building on Monday.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
Old
04-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

So who's decision was it to use JJ and DD on all the pps?

Old
dabeechman

Imagine what kind of riot would ensue if Johnson's OT shot in the first game went over the line. All of western Canada would be on suicide watch.

Old
Return of the King

Did the Kings really have the better team tonight? Sure looked like they did. I'm not wrong, Quicker, am I?

Old
motalar

I loved Hexy's reaction to the GWG.

Closed Thread