HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edm Cbj at draft

Old
04-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Trading the team's best player for Fowler/Gudbranson does not sound very good to me.
We have no d-men coming and both are bluechip/franchise d-men. Just because Hemsky is OUR best player, doesn't mean he is unmoveable.

Last edited by Zach and Slater: 04-18-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I don't know what Filatov's intentions are. Before he got drafted I wanted him so badly... he's got the kinda skill set that works well with Edmonton's style of play.

I say Columbus needs to cough something else up or they need to take on a bad contract to make this deal fair.
With a team budget, the Jackets can't afford to take on Hemsky's contract along with another bad contract. Which leads to the Jackets having to offer something else. I suggested this before and as much as I love Umberger, I would think he would have to be offered in a deal involving Hemsky. But adding Umberger to the original deal would make the deal awful for the Jackets. What about

4th overall pick
Umberger
for
Hemsky
Petry

Oilers replace Petry by drafting Fowler/Gormley/Gudbranson

Umberger's contract status...
2010-2011 $4 mil
2011-2012 $4.5 mil
then UFA
Cap hit $3.75mil

Not sure if other Blue Jackets fans would do this but I would. Years ago I dreamed of Nash playing with Hemsky in a Oilers jersey but since that won't happen, I would love to see Hemsky play with Nash in Columbus.

punk_o_holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 10:36 PM
battlegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
With a team budget, the Jackets can't afford to take on Hemsky's contract along with another bad contract. Which leads to the Jackets having to offer something else. I suggested this before and as much as I love Umberger, I would think he would have to be offered in a deal involving Hemsky. But adding Umberger to the original deal would make the deal awful for the Jackets. What about

4th overall pick
Umberger
for
Hemsky
Petry

2010-2011 $4 mil
2011-2012 $4.5 mil
then UFA
Cap hit $3.75mil

Not sure if other Blue Jackets fans would do this but I would. Years ago I dreamed of Nash playing with Hemsky in a Oilers jersey but since that won't happen, I would love to see Hemsky play with Nash in Columbus.
No thanks, Hemsky is a must keep unless were getting an absolute steal. Petry is also our future number 1 most likely and trading him would be terrible

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 10:42 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlegoon View Post
No thanks, Hemsky is a must keep unless were getting an absolute steal. Petry is also our future number 1 most likely and trading him would be terrible
I'm also a Oilers fan so I do know that Petry is the current number 1 prospect when it comes to defense. I think Fowler/Gudbranson might be a upgrade on Petry so that might ease the pain if he gets traded. Only other prospects that play defense that the Oilers have that I could think of are Chorney and Peckham. Imo, I don't think the Blue Jackets would have any interest in those two so that is why I had Petry in hte proposal.

*is Alex Plante still considered a prospect or is he a bust?

punk_o_holic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 11:12 PM
battlegoon

Quote:
I'm also a Oilers fan so I do know that Petry is the current number 1 prospect when it comes to defense. I think Fowler/Gudbranson might be a upgrade on Petry so that might ease the pain if he gets traded. Only other prospects that play defense that the Oilers have that I could think of are Chorney and Peckham. Imo, I don't think the Blue Jackets would have any interest in those two so that is why I had Petry in hte proposal.

*is Alex Plante still considered a prospect or is he a bust?
If he ever stops getting concussions Id say he might turn into an alright shutdown Dman but since hes always getting them I consider him a bust

battlegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2010, 11:22 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

4th overall pick
Umberger
for
Hemsky
Petry

2010-2011 $4 mil
2011-2012 $4.5 mil
then UFA
Cap hit $3.75mil

Sorry, but I think that deal is even worse.

Filatov + 4th over + "____?"

Something needs to be added to the original package. We don't need Umbrunger.

If Columbus thinks this deal makes them a playoff team, they can throw in their 2011 1st rounder and that could be a fair tradeoff.

Hemsky is just entering he's flirted with a point per game playing on some horrible teams. If paired with Nash do you doubt that they'll each score 90 points? I don't.

Columbus totally lacks anyone in their organization who's going to bring Nash up to that level and they need that type of player now while Nash is making the big bucks.

If Nash scores and Columbus wins they'll sell more tickets and will be able to push themselves closer to the cap ceiling. I don't think there's another playmaker out there with Hemsky's skills who's tradeable.

To Columbus:

Hemsky
Souray

To Edmonton:
Commadore
Columbus' 2010 and 2011 1st rounder
Filatov

I threw in the Souray/Commadore deal because I think it's a fair deal and it's been thrown around these boards so many times over the past month. Both of them are injury prone but they bring what each team needs. They need the shot from the point, we need the help on the PK.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote