Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2012, 09:40 AM
CanadianSolarBear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy2486 View Post
listed attendance was 700, not bad for a garbage crowd
There certainly was not 700 people there, I watched the game, there was no way.

Old
02-10-2012, 09:44 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSolarBear View Post
In most cases attendance does not mean people at the game but tickets that are sold.

Old
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Sniper45

Quote:
I noticed the same thing, not sure if it is strictly an FHL thing, but I have attended several FHL games where there was a very small crowd, only to look up the pointstreak attendance afterwards, which had it listed at 1,200. When in reality the place had 2-3 hundred.

this wasn't the case at the SPHL games I attended, usually pointstreak was pretty close to what was actually at the game. Maybe this happens a lot in other leagues?

Old
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

if its a bigger arena, it will distort your estimates .. 2000 people in a 3000 seat arena will look like 2000 people, but 2000 people in a 10000 seat arena will look like 500 people

Old
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
CanadianSolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy2486 View Post
if its a bigger arena, it will distort your estimates .. 2000 people in a 3000 seat arena will look like 2000 people, but 2000 people in a 10000 seat arena will look like 500 people
Do you want my username and pass so you can watch the archive of the game and see what truly mean ... there did not look like 700 there, see for yourself if you don't believe me ..

Old
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper45 View Post
I noticed the same thing, not sure if it is strictly an FHL thing, but I have attended several FHL games where there was a very small crowd, only to look up the pointstreak attendance afterwards, which had it listed at 1,200. When in reality the place had 2-3 hundred.

this wasn't the case at the SPHL games I attended, usually pointstreak was pretty close to what was actually at the game. Maybe this happens a lot in other leagues?
Yes, attendance padding is very common in the minors.

Old
02-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

I've been told the FHL is interested in Elmira but Elmira is NOT interested back. Thats off the table, thank god.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

Quote:
Do you want my username and pass so you can watch the archive of the game and see what truly mean ... there did not look like 700 there, see for yourself if you don't believe me ..
im just saying it happens to everyone, its a psychological effect, like not too long ago i went to a CT whale game and i would have put money on the attendance being under 1500 and the actual attendance was about 3800 (in a 15000 seat arena) ... but if youre offering me a FHL game to watch, i cant turn that down

Old
02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
CanadianSolarBear

I was thinking, why doesn't Cape Cod trade Billy Tibbetts to another team in the FHL? I don't know exactly the situation but maybe they still own his rights and if they do why not trade his rights away to another squad? Maybe nobody is interested but you never know right!

Old
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I was thinking, why doesn't Cape Cod trade Billy Tibbetts to another team in the FHL? I don't know exactly the situation but maybe they still own his rights and if they do why not trade his rights away to another squad? Maybe nobody is interested but you never know right!
1,000 Islands. Can replace Frank Littlejohn with him.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:01 AM
lewytown

Quote:

The league is a joke and the hockey sucks...you will not get a crowd for that kind of hockey...give me a break, its likes watching mens league hockey. I know alot of people had bought the package, but gave up going to the games after the first couple of games that were played. They want to come to Lewiston next year, but luckily the owner of the Colisee is smarter than allowing it to happen. We will be watching some AHL hockey next year instead...thank you and please dont come again

Old
02-12-2012, 08:04 AM
lewytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie20 View Post
As I've said for years, garbage hockey draws garbage crowds.
Hit the nail on the head...anyone that thinks other wise has not watched any higher level of hockey.

Old
02-12-2012, 08:17 AM
CanadianSolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewytown View Post
The league is a joke and the hockey sucks...you will not get a crowd for that kind of hockey...give me a break, its likes watching mens league hockey. I know alot of people had bought the package, but gave up going to the games after the first couple of games that were played. They want to come to Lewiston next year, but luckily the owner of the Colisee is smarter than allowing it to happen. We will be watching some AHL hockey next year instead...thank you and please dont come again
I got a free pass .. anyways .. AHL to Lewiston, really? Congrats .. see if it lasts longer then the Maineaics.

Last edited by CanadianSolarBear: 02-12-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old
02-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Sniper45

Quote:
So you are saying that Lewiston will not have an FHL team next year?

Just asking because I am hearing that it is a done deal, and not just from the league.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
lewytown

Quote:
So you are saying that Lewiston will not have an FHL team next year?

Just asking because I am hearing that it is a done deal, and not just from the league.
http://http://www.sunjournal.com/news/local-sports/2012/02/10/fhl-league-ready-commit-colisee-hold/1153175

Old
02-13-2012, 09:06 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
I got a free pass .. anyways .. AHL to Lewiston, really? Congrats .. see if it lasts longer then the Maineaics.
depends on how quickly the renovation to the CCCC is done, CSB, it's a handful of games, which the Pirates have done prior to the Q arriving.... it's temporary depending on what our league says

Old
02-14-2012, 05:21 AM
Sniper45

Thanks Lewy, but that article makes it sound like the owner is more willing to have an existing team from the FHL relocate to Lewiston as opposed to starting up a new team of his own?

My guess would be Danville, Akwesasne, or 1,000 islands

Old
02-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Thanks Lewy, but that article makes it sound like the owner is more willing to have an existing team from the FHL relocate to Lewiston as opposed to starting up a new team of his own?

My guess would be Danville, Akwesasne, or 1,000 islands
Wow, I thought akwesasne was among the elite in this gong show.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
lewytown

The league wants a team here, but the owner is looking at bringing a junior team in from the Ejhl. The ushl is going to be expanding in 2013 and there have been serious talks about converting that team to the ushl expansion. I don't see the fhl working here...it's like watching men's league. Depending on renovations, we could have the Pirates from the ahl here for alot more than 6 games.

Old
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Sniper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Wow, I thought akwesasne was among the elite in this gong show.
Last year they were, the Warriors had a great season on the ice, had a player or two called up to better leagues and did ok at the gate.

This year is a different story, poor play on the ice, many, many, suspensions for goon play, not doing great in terms of fans showing up and the ownership is in trouble with the league for some of the suspensions and players antics. The team in general is barely holding on. I would not surprise to see them fold or re-locate next season, I would say "if" there is a next season, but I am pretty sure they will have one

Old
02-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Canadian91

This is on the FHL's website right now..

Old
02-14-2012, 06:33 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Pirates in Lewiston/FHL/EJHL/USHL rumors

Quote:
The league wants a team here, but the owner is looking at bringing a junior team in from the Ejhl. The ushl is going to be expanding in 2013 and there have been serious talks about converting that team to the ushl expansion. I don't see the fhl working here...it's like watching men's league. Depending on renovations, we could have the Pirates from the ahl here for alot more than 6 games.
feom what I understand, it's not the full season, though, lewytown, the option is that's why Cain has said no to a FHL Team, add to that the erroneous report that Firland had been bought out by Petrovek, it's true that even when the Q was here the two co-existed as a partnership, Petrovek has asked for and was granted up to 6dates as a contingency plan in case the CCCC elected to close while undergoing renovation, that decision has yet to be announced but is a possibility...

Old
02-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Last year they were, the Warriors had a great season on the ice, had a player or two called up to better leagues and did ok at the gate.

This year is a different story, poor play on the ice, many, many, suspensions for goon play, not doing great in terms of fans showing up and the ownership is in trouble with the league for some of the suspensions and players antics. The team in general is barely holding on. I would not surprise to see them fold or re-locate next season, I would say "if" there is a next season, but I am pretty sure they will have one
Isn't their owner also facing legal trouble?

Old
02-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Sniper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Isn't their owner also facing legal trouble?
Yeah now that you mention it, he did get in some trouble.

Old
02-16-2012, 06:41 AM
iamjs
Unregistered User

Quote:
Once they waived him, he no longer had anything to the team. I'm 99% sure the FHL doesn't have player's rights, although there is that 1% that might say otherwise.

Closed Thread