Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Federal Hockey League

Closed Thread

Old
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Canadian91

vCash: 500
The Akwesasne Warriors have been pulled from the FHL Network tab on the league's website..

Old
06-14-2012, 07:12 AM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

maybe Dagenais signed with the Cornwall LNAH team and the rest of the team kinda gave up after that

Old
06-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Canadian91

I know we're not supposed to post from other forums, but this is from the official FHL Forum, posted by the FHL's official account:

Quote:
I would like to clear up a few things about the league. First off Brooklyn will not be having a team this year. We had asked them for an official announcement about ceasing operations but have not received it as of now. That is why we have not made an official announcement. Akwesasne will not be fielding a team this season for reasons that we can not discuss at this time. 1000 Islands will be moving to Watertown and NJ is working on a deal to move the team to Williamsport, PA. Dayton is an expansion team. Regarding the website mess, the webmaster for Dayton was given the old Brooklyn site to reconfigure for Dayton. This was to be done offline however there was a miscommunication somewhere and the site was not taken offline. I have personally put in 30+ hours on the schedule. This is the most important item that can make or break a team. All teams have been sent the first draft and are looking it over in order to make any adjustments to the schedule to enhance the teams ability to function. The dispersal Draft will be held tomorrow June 15 @ 2 PM eastern. An expansion Draft for Dayton will occur immediately there after. We will post the results after each round on our website. Round 1 and 2 for Brooklyn, 3 and 4 for Akwesasne and Round 5 is the Expansion Draft for Dayton. Thanks for your continued support of the FHL and it's member teams.

replyquote

Old
06-14-2012, 01:24 PM
IceFlyersRule

Wow talk about great pr!

Old
06-14-2012, 03:20 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Wasnt the Akwesasane owner in big legal trouble???

So NJ Wins the cup but is moving?

Old
06-14-2012, 03:22 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Heres something on Williamsport:

http://www.sungazette.com/page/conte....html?nav=5011

LOL @ selling Matt Hufnagel high. He just started in Elmira in late May. So he's leaving already without any accomplishments but is being sold majorly high???

Old
06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

And people wonder why we think this league is so mickey mouse and that's an insult to mickey mouse.

Brooklyn is not coming back... Cost too much money and the owner can focus on his Jr. A team. Akwesasne was essentially kicked out because they failed to pay fines from last season. NJ is a surprise and not something I expected, but I can only remember Don Kirnan telling the media on his last trip to Lewiston how the FHL was far superior to the EJHL Hitmen. "Why would people want to see junior hockey when they can see real professional hockey."

Yeah ok, Donnie?

Old
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
arlingtonway

thats what you see when you go HERE

Old
06-15-2012, 01:09 AM
akacesfan
Leafs/Aces/Seawolves

^ holy ugly logo.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:56 AM
trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by akacesfan View Post
^ holy ugly logo.
Think how us poor Dayton fans feel!!

Old
06-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish View Post
Think how us poor Dayton fans feel!!
Our prayers and sympathies go out to you. Just a dumb question. I clicked on the hockey operations part of the website. Not surprising it came up empty. With the expansion draft coming up would it not be smart to get some hockey operations people in place to evaluate the players they will be drafting?

Old
06-15-2012, 08:39 AM
CrazyEddie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlingtonway View Post

thats what you see when you go HERE
I think the logo artist thought they were the "A$$ Devils..."

Old
06-15-2012, 11:27 AM
trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solushun View Post
Our prayers and sympathies go out to you. Just a dumb question. I clicked on the hockey operations part of the website. Not surprising it came up empty. With the expansion draft coming up would it not be smart to get some hockey operations people in place to evaluate the players they will be drafting?
You'd think so.... but we fans are totally in the dark about what's going on and so on... We know nothing about a coach (do we have to have one of those?) schedule, players, anything!

But hey - even with the horrendous logo, we will have hockey (such as it is)!!!

Old
06-15-2012, 03:39 PM
eggy2486
Hitman #6

i think the logo is fine, it could always be worse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sa...gsLogo2005.png

Old
06-15-2012, 07:29 PM
trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy2486 View Post
i think the logo is fine, it could always be worse: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sa...gsLogo2005.png
That is true... at least it's not a fish! I'm creeped out by fish logos...

Old
06-15-2012, 11:27 PM
TopCityAirCapHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggy2486 View Post
disagree, the Salmon Kings logo at least had character. The Dayton Devils logo looks like it was thrown together in about 5 minutes in Paint. Has anybody heard justification for the nickname yet? I assume that it is mostly wishful thinking regarding affiliation but I am hoping there is more to the story.

Old
06-16-2012, 09:14 AM
IceFlyersRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCityAirCapHockey View Post
disagree, the Salmon Kings logo at least had character. The Dayton Devils logo looks like it was thrown together in about 5 minutes in Paint. Has anybody heard justification for the nickname yet? I assume that it is mostly wishful thinking regarding affiliation but I am hoping there is more to the story.
I have a sneaking suspecion that the 2012 stanley cup finals have something to do with it

Old
06-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Cornwall OHL
That's my O face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFlyersRule View Post
I have a sneaking suspecion that the 2012 stanley cup finals have something to do with it
I thought it was the sex appeal... DD.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Canadian91

I actually like the logo. It seems like something that belongs on a t-shirt rather than a jersey, but I could see the team going with it as a shoulder patch and "DEVILS" or "DAYTON" written across the front arched/diagonally. Lots of potential for a good jersey design, IMO.

Old
06-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Canadian91

Draft results:

Rd 1 - Brooklyn players
http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...box/news_50108

Rd 2 - Brooklyn players
http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...box/news_50109

No Akwesasne players were drafted

Dayton expansion draft
http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...box/news_50111

Interesting that Williamsport passed on their picks. Makes me think that they'll fold if they can't get a good rink in WIL for this season (doesn't seem like there is any at the moment), or suspend operations until the new one is built.

Dayton drafted very well. Some very good players in their list.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Sniper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian91 View Post
Draft results:

Interesting that Williamsport passed on their picks. Makes me think that they'll fold if they can't get a good rink in WIL for this season (doesn't seem like there is any at the moment), or suspend operations until the new one is built.

Dayton drafted very well. Some very good players in their list.
Yeah, Williamsport is the new team, yet they have no ice rink to play out of and the FHL owner, Kirnan, is the main investor in the effort to have one built!! This has success written all over it.

Not sure why the Warrior players were not included in this draft? maybe none of them wanted to be? what a mess.....

Old
06-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Sniper45

Quote:
You'd think so.... but we fans are totally in the dark about what's going on and so on... We know nothing about a coach (do we have to have one of those?) schedule, players, anything!

Welcome to the world of the FHL, get used to being in the dark, the league is absolutley horrible at informing thier fans what is going on with teams and league happenings, trust me, it is not just Dayton because they are new. It is like that with every team.

Old
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Canadian91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper45 View Post
Yeah, Williamsport is the new team, yet they have no ice rink to play out of and the FHL owner, Kirnan, is the main investor in the effort to have one built!! This has success written all over it.

Not sure why the Warrior players were not included in this draft? maybe none of them wanted to be? what a mess.....
I don't know why they didn't just stay in NJ at another venue (Ice Vault didn't want them) for one more season until the Williamsport Arena is built, because there's NO WAY that they'll build an arena in one summer. Now they have no rink to play at. Poor planning.

As for the AKW players, they were all local so they probably told the league that they wouldn't play for anyone other than AKW.

Old
06-16-2012, 05:16 PM
IceFlyersRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall OHL View Post
I thought it was the sex appeal... DD.
You know what they say the devil can look sexy

Old
06-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Solution

Quote:

That is true. I do not know if there would be any interest, but the Wheeling Nailers had an affiliation with Brooklyn the last two seasons. If Dayton is interested in doing that, somebody may want to get in touch with the new Wheeling ownership group to see about that.

Closed Thread