HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Metropolit could be back for Game #3 (Update: Metro IN, Sergei OUT)

Old
04-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habaholic View Post
If you actually watch the games, it's pretty simple and obvious. Sergei constantly refuses to pay a physical price to make plays that are of the utmost importance, specially in the playoffs. Chipping the puck out of the zone, getting to loose pucks along the boards first (how many times have we seen him let the defenseman get to the puck first), etc...These are plays that Darche generally makes and is what is needed from players on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Everyone, including myself can see how talented Sergei is with puck, he's got great vision, a good shot and he skates like the wind. His play without the puck however, is abysmal and when you get in the playoffs the latter is alot of the times more important, specially from 3rd and 4th liners. I have no problem with this decision and for those of you who think Martin is an idiot, you best check out games appropriatly, maybe most of you are too young to remember the last couple of stanley cup wins, but those teams were built with guys sacrificing their bodies to make plays....the "little things" as they are often referred to.
"... Sergei constantly refuses to pay a physical price to make plays that are of the utmost importance, specially in the playoffs..."

I was expecting Darche out: I saw plenty of bad giveaways in the first two games – Gomez, Spacek... – but Darche’s giveaway on Ovechkin’s goal was, by far, the worst! He had no pressure and instead of skating with the puck out of the zone, he decided to weakly flip it... directly to (an impressive 20 years old D à la PK btw; I did not know him) Carlson. He showed a total lack of confidence; it was very disappointing because Darche usually/almost always plays with composure.

That being mentioned, I also saw Sergei Kostitsyn "shying away" from a hit/heavy traffic on many occasions so I am not THAT surprised to see him out. As mentioned by Whitesnake, it was him or Darche.

---------

Metropolit is no face-offs master but, at this point, any help in the faceoff circle is appreciated!

Moen – Moore – Lapierre
Pyatt – Metropolit – Darche
?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:24 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Sorry, but Sergei does not know how to play playoff hockey

The guy is afraid to go in the corners
Indeed, plus all the fancy blind passes made him look terrible on most of his shifts. I really don't understand what people are seeing from him that would be qualified as good.

Granted I would have flipped a coin between Darche and Him TBH normally, but Darche has the experience advantage, this is the playoffs and so Sergei sits.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I think it's a pretty easy decision to make imo.

I'm sooo tired of all the SK suppoerters bashing Jm for benching and not starting him in games. WTF has SK done to deserve being in the lineup? He doesn't take the body, he doesn't play with passion, he refuses to pay the physical price needed in playoff hockey and he doesn't contribute anything more then the occasional dangle and point here and there. In spite of scathing comments from some other SK supporters, my inital comments are as or even more relevant today then they were at the beginning of the season. He's a skilled player who's not playing with much skill or passion right now. Not to say he can't, he just isn't. So why put a skilled top 6 player in a bottom 6 role when there's other players (Darche) who are more then willing to sacrifice whatever they have to to help the team even though they are in fact far less talented.

At this point in the season, wanting to win and playing like it are far more important then playing a talented player. If you don't believe me, ask San Jose's coach how Joe Thornton, Marleau and Heatley's talent are helping his club against a far inferior Colorado team.
If Sergei would have done that stupid turnover in trying to dump the puck through the middle (hockey 101) that resulted in a goal, you can bet anything he'd have been benched.
Darche was back on two minutes later. Granted, it was his last shift of the period.

I think S.Kost is playing with an injury because it's Martin's style to bench someone that would do such a mistake. He's done it with Pouliot (bench), S.Kost (benched+scratched), A.Kost (benched), Lapierre (Benched+Scratched), O'Byrne (benched+scratched), Lats (benched+scratched+traded). So really, I don't see why he wouldn't do it with Darche.

The 3rd line with S.Ko-Moore-Moen can be effective. We've seen it play well and it seems it comes from S.Kost. When he's on, his line will have a good night, when he's not they're rather invisible.
It's a lot more important to have him in the line up and try to get him going, than it is to have Darche that caused an early 3rd period goal that gave WSH a boost right from the start. Coming from a ''veteran'' 4th liner that's unacceptable.

I don't think Martin has a vendetta against Sergei, I'm 99% sure he's injured. The only reason why I'm not 100% is because there's no confirmation. It would certainly explain his shying away from checks.

All that being said, I'm happy to see Metro back. Two years ago he was a huge helper vs Boston, and he's our best PP goal scorer.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Lapierre did play well last game hopefully if he is on the third he and Moen can cause a bit of havoc. Figures though, the second we touch Varlamov a penalty will be called. Only Ovechkin has free reign to do whatever he wants.

gohabsgo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:28 PM
PacoXIII

I think its safe to say at this point Sergei is not playing to his full potential, he is not delivering the physical play DEMANDED by playoffs and he clearly is in Jacques Martin's house of pwnage.

As for Darche... we know what to expect and so does JM... i think thats why he's still in the line-up. JM does not like question marks.

PacoXIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
HF-Addict

Damn, why Sergei and not Darche...? At least S.Kost can put it in the net and stickhandle.

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:34 PM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
R u okay? do u know how to read? or understand when words r put together in a sentence?

Sergei helps more the team to win and scores more goals than Mathieu Darche which is more useless than Begin who atleast gave some good hits, was fast, younger and got NHL experience.
Darche : 5G-5A-10P / 29 games
S.Kostitsyn : 7G-11A-18P / 47 games

Sergei is not a factor, point. Darche neither, so Martin can do whatever he wants with none-factor players.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 04-19-2010 at 12:42 PM.
DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Indeed, plus all the fancy blind passes made him look terrible on most of his shifts. I really don't understand what people are seeing from him that would be qualified as good.

Granted I would have flipped a coin between Darche and Him TBH normally, but Darche has the experience advantage, this is the playoffs and so Sergei sits.
So except the fact that Darche is older, what experience advantage are you talking about?

Regular season:

Darche: GP:130 G:13 A:21 PTS:34 +/-: -23

S. Kostitsyn: GP 155 G: 24 A: 44 PTS: 68 +/- : 10

Playoffs:

Darche: GP: 2 G:0 A:0 PTS: 0 +/-: -2

S. Kostitsyn: GP 12 G:3 A:5 PTS: 8 +/-: 4

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:37 PM
EmelinBOOM74
NHL Managerial Guru

For those calling for O'Byrne to come in for MAB are rediculous. Bergeron is usually shaky on the defensive side, but so far in this series he has played extremely well.

EmelinBOOM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Damn, why Sergei and not Darche...? At least S.Kost can put it in the net and stickhandle.
Darche should definitely have been the one to sit. That give away was brutal. Sure s.kost has made some ****** giveaways in the offensive zone, but darche cost us a goal and a lead, on the p.k, i'd rather sergei, on the pp, i'd rather sergei, and 5 on 5 is more or less a wash but sergei has played better. Something must have gone on behind the scenes with jm and sergei

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Darche over Sergei

but very happy that Metro is back

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVries View Post
Darche : 5G-5A-10P / 29 games
S.Kostitsyn : 7G-11A-18P / 47 games

Is this HFboards of HFfanboys? Sergei is not a factor, point. Darche neither, so Martin can do whatever the **** he wants with none-factor players.
Thanks for pointing that out

0,34 PPG for Darche and 0,38 PPG for Sergei.

Against an offensive team, we need some good puck handling and good passing.

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKSubban View Post
For those calling for O'Byrne to come in for MAB are rediculous. Bergeron is usually shaky on the defensive side, but so far in this series he has played extremely well.
He needs to blast the damn puck and stop thinking he's the QB. He worked out well when markov was out cuz we had 1 qb, and it was him. Now that markov is back, he needs to take the back seat like a good little boy and let the big boys do most of the work.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
macavoy

At the end of the day, its a bottom 6 player who plays 9-11 minutes a game. I'm just glad our top 6 is performing. I'm not a huge metro fanboy but I really hope he brings it this game.

Sergei might not be 100% either, he's had the nagging foot injury for a while. Letting it rest for a game might be a good thing but really if it was nagging, he should have taken 2 weeks off about 4-6 weeks ago.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eddy

I don't get it. Sergei should be in unless he's been playing injured or something.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He needs to blast the damn puck and stop thinking he's the QB. He worked out well when markov was out cuz we had 1 qb, and it was him. Now that markov is back, he needs to take the back seat like a good little boy and let the big boys do most of the work.
++++111111! Tell this to Martin please! He's too confident and now thinks he can enter the zone himself during the PP (fails 90% of his attempts) and doesn't shoot anymore during the PP, he spends his time trying to create plays

Old
04-19-2010, 12:47 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
So except the fact that Darche is older, what experience advantage are you talking about?

Regular season:

Darche: GP:130 G:13 A:21 PTS:34 +/-: -23

S. Kostitsyn: GP 155 G: 24 A: 44 PTS: 68 +/- : 10

Playoffs:

Darche: GP: 2 G:0 A:0 PTS: 0 +/-: -2

S. Kostitsyn: GP 12 G:3 A:5 PTS: 8 +/-: 4
Darche has more hockey in him than Sergei period. You can pool all games across all leagues if you want, that would just make my point.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Darche has more hockey in him than Sergei period. You can pool all games across all leagues if you want, that would just make my point.
There's a reason why Darche spent most of his time in the AHL.. there's also a reason why MAB isn't wanted from 29 GM's.

Only in Montreal!

Curieusement, ils sont tous deux Québécois

Old
04-19-2010, 12:51 PM
icerocket

We need people who are willing to give a leg to win. Sergei won't even give a fingernail.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Quote:
There's a reason why Darche spent most of his time in the AHL.. there's also a reason why MAB isn't wanted from 29 GM's.

Only in Montreal!

Curieusement, ils sont tous deux Québécois
What? When are you going to grow up?

JM is choosing #1 experience, #2 PP cannon.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

if some of you think that darche or sergei are the difference between winning and losing, were in some major trouble.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeVries*

Quote:
Thanks for pointing that out

0,34 PPG for Darche and 0,38 PPG for Sergei.

Against an offensive team, we need some good puck handling and good passing.
With that great difference, we should get the Cup out right now. There is 1000 times more things that what we actually know about players that comes into a coach's decision. It's not NHL2010. If Martin choose between two struggling players, he most know why, and he don't really care about people being more fan of a player than fan of the team, and think because they all know the basics skills of some players, they know who should play or not.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Quote:
Then we should have sign Chelios since he had so many hockey in him. Who cares who's better or more complete. As long as he has more hockey in him, he will be better right? Yeah big point you're making there.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
We need people who are willing to give a leg to win. Sergei won't even give a fingernail.
and darche is willing to give up the puck

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
and darche is willing to give up the puck
Yes those Sergei blind passes always work...

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote