HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you still believe ?

View Poll Results: Do you believe?
Yes 41 78.85%
No 11 21.15%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-19-2010, 08:54 AM
GravelTheOne

vCash: 500
Do you still believe ?

Will the Red Wings win his series ?

I think they will step their game up, this team is too good to lose in first round.

Yes, I believe !

And you ?

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:15 AM
HockeyBuddha
Knower of All

Hell yeah!!

HockeyBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:32 AM
VeGor
Datsyuk

VeGor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Wings in 6. I'm still very confident.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Im very pessimistic right now I think they CAN win and the RW fan in me says they will but the realistic hockey fan in me believes dey WON'T. I vote no just on that fact. But God i hope dey do win

Go Wings!!!

Last edited by Big Poppa Puck: 04-19-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Datsyuk2Zetterberg

as long as Z, Franzen and Lidstrom still play on the team, I believe.

Datsyuk2Zetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Wings in 6. I'm still very confident.
The past 3 years more times than not they've risen to the occasion. The way the Wings have played in their losses you can look as if they were just laying down. I cannot fathom the Wings (even in a loss) just rolling over and losing. I'm fully confident the Wings will win game(s) 4 and 5.

The Wings are down 1-2, it's not that dire of a situation. Especially when many problems were self induced. All due respect to the Phoenix and if they win, it's them winning. But, the Wings haven't helped themselves.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:20 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelTheOne View Post
Will the Red Wings win his series ?

I think they will step their game up, this team is too good to lose in first round.

Yes, I believe !

And you ?
That's exactly the reason why I don't think they have it this year - too much of the time, it's clear that THEY believe they're too good to lose, no matter how lazy or sloppy they are.

If they manage to make it out of this series, another team will pick them off. I haven't seen anything that makes me think they can keep their focus and their foot on the gas pedal for a whole game, much less a whole series.

It would have done this team some good to lose a couple games at the end of the season. If they had had a meltdown against Columbus like the Hawks did, they might have learned their lesson (like the Hawks did) and actually showed up to play every shift in the playoffs. Instead they half-assed their way to some wins against lousy teams, got sloppy, and didn't pay the price for it. Well, they're paying for it now and they're going to be golfing in a week if they don't wake the hell up and start playing their ***** off.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Yemack

Hell only thing I can do as a fan is to support and believe. I will do my part.

I'm gonna ace my exam.. and Wings are gonna break through the minefield.

Go wings.

Yemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:32 AM
TheMoreYouKnow

I believe they can still win this series, win the next one it's 2-2 and we can win in Phoenix. Do I believe this team can win the Cup? Nah..even if we get past Phoenix, our sloppy play is bound to catch up with us eventually.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:35 AM
budleydudley

The important question is do the players still believe.

Last edited by budleydudley: 04-19-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
budleydudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:00 AM
CC Chiefs*

I think they can win, but it's getting harder with each loss. And if it's 3-1 say good night.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Reds4Life
HFBoards Sponsor

Are you fookin kidding me? 1:2 is nothing.
If the series was 0:3 then this thread would make some sense.

Reds4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
doublejack

I'm going to abstain from voting in this poll. The Wings are playing exactly like I expected. I've said for months that Detroit just isn't that good of a team, and that posters here were overrating them (as were certain hockey analysts, Detroit radio personalities, etc).

IMO, this series can go either way. That said, if Detroit loses game four it is OVER.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Are you fookin kidding me? 1:2 is nothing.
If the series was 0:3 then this thread would make some sense.
Have you been watching the games? They stopped playing halfway through game 3. That's what has people down. Not the 2-1 deficit, but the way they have looked for the majority of the series. Almost like they figured they had the game won when Doan went out and they just mailed it in from that point.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Have you been watching the games? They stopped playing halfway through game 3. That's what has people down. Not the 2-1 deficit, but the way they have looked for the majority of the series. Almost like they figured they had the game won when Doan went out and they just mailed it in from that point.
Detroit didn't show up for much of game 1, either. Even in game 2 when we scored 7 the defense didn't show up, and most of the offense came from one line. There's a lot to be worried about, and this series could very easily be 3 - 0.

Old
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Double: I'm curious as to how you came up with that assessment considering how well the Wings played after the Olympic break.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Detroit didn't show up for much of game 1, either. Even in game 2 when we scored 7 the defense didn't show up, and most of the offense came from one line. There's a lot to be worried about, and this series could very easily be 3 - 0.
Your assessment of the games is what gives me the most hope.

Old
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
FabricDetails

I'd actually like for the Wings to have time to rest up, recuperate, train properly and do whatever they have to do physically, mentally and emotionally for a good run next year.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
Double: I'm curious as to how you came up with that assessment considering how well the Wings played after the Olympic break.
My opinion is based on the other 75% of the season, and I chalk up the post Olympic break as a "miracle run" of sorts. Really, a team that struggled to make the playoffs for most of the season (and spent much of that time on the outside looking in) should not be considered a favorite based on a quarter of the season. Injuries, fatigue, burnout... those are just excuses to explain away poor play. The level of this team's play has been in a marked decline for a while now, having peaked a couple seasons ago. Occasional defensive lapses have turned into "not showing up" for entire periods and games at a time.

If someone makes an objective assessment of the situation I think they'll agree with me. The roster isn't as deep, the stars are aging and less productive, and other teams have risen to a level that Detroit just isn't on anymore (although Phoenix is not one of those teams). It shouldn't be a surprise, then, if we lose in the first or second round.

Again, I think we can win this series but I don't think we ever should have been considered a favorite over the Coyotes. They have home ice, made some nice additions are the deadline, and have a good goalie (who basically won three rounds while in Anaheim). As I posted in the playoff speculation thread, I wasn't looking forward to playing any of our possible first round opponents. All of the top seeds in the West were capable of sending the Wings golfing early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Your assessment of the games is what gives me the most hope.
Well, I guess if you're hoping the team "wakes up" and starts to play like they did the last 20 games of the regular season then yeah, you could view my post as encouraging. However, I believe that the "miracle run" is over and the team has fallen back to their expected playing level. You have to admit, what we've seen in the last 3 games is a lot like what we saw from October to February, no? We could get hot again. I'm just not holding my breath.

Old
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
Well, I guess if you're hoping the team "wakes up" and starts to play like they did the last 20 games of the regular season then yeah, you could view my post as encouraging. However, I believe that the "miracle run" is over and the team has fallen back to their expected playing level. You have to admit, what we've seen in the last 3 games is a lot like what we saw from October to February, no? We could get hot again. I'm just not holding my breath.
No, your assessment is the opposite of what you've been saying all season. If the Wings just 'aren't that good' then it isn't a matter of them not showing up, it would be a matter of them not being that good and Phoenix being better.

If the Wings lose the series and what we take out of it is that the Wings merely didn't show up that's a hell of a lot different than just being inferior.

Old
04-19-2010, 11:55 AM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
No, your assessment is the opposite of what you've been saying all season. If the Wings just 'aren't that good' then it isn't a matter of them not showing up, it would be a matter of them not being that good and Phoenix being better.

If the Wings lose the series and what we take out of it is that the Wings merely didn't show up that's a hell of a lot different than just being inferior.
I'm not being inconsistent, it is a matter of outlook. Are the Wings "not showing up" at times, or are those the times they're playing normally? Are the Wings "showing up" at other times, or are those the times they're playing above their heads?

If a team starts to "not show up" a majority of the time, can you honestly say that's the case... or is it just that they're no longer as good as you expect them to be?

Furthermore, I assert that inconsistency is a characteristic of good but not great teams. If the Wings are consistently inconsistent, that then backs up my opinion that they've fallen a notch or two.

Old
04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Quote:
I'm not being inconsistent, it is a matter of outlook. Are the Wings "not showing up" at times, or are those the times they're playing normally? Are the Wings "showing up" at other times, or are those the times they're playing above their heads?

If a team starts to "not show up" a majority of the time, can you honestly say that's the case... or is it just that they're no longer as good as you expect them to be?

Furthermore, I assert that inconsistency is a characteristic of good but not great teams. If the Wings are consistently inconsistent, that then backs up my opinion that they've fallen a notch or two.
Well whatever, but to me it looks like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. If a team 'isn't showing up' to me that says they're much better than how they played. If they're not good, they're just not good.

I guess it's semantics, but the fact that we've seen some plays that rarely ever happen tells me there's more to give.

Old
04-19-2010, 01:03 PM
MrSandMan*

This poll is a bit premature. Wings are going back to Phoenix tied 2-2. DRWs have faced adversity and overcome all year. What makes being down 2-1 any different?

MrSandMan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
With the way they're playing now? No.. But I know they're better than what they've shown so far.. Watching the Wings is extremely frustrating right now. They're making mistakes they shouldn't be making..

Redwingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote