HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "A" Word Returns ...

Old
04-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
My sister, who lives in northern Alabama, was unable to watch the game. It was blacked out, but the audio came through. Anyone else have any issues with the game being blacked out or was it just a problem with her particular cable provider? (Charter, I believe)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:18 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
My sister, who lives in northern Alabama, was unable to watch the game. It was blacked out, but the audio came through. Anyone else have any issues with the game being blacked out or was it just a problem with her particular cable provider? (Charter, I believe)
If she was trying to watch the game on FSN then i'm sure it was the cable company.

I was worried at first with Directv because the normal alternate channel that airs FSN-TN had the Reds game on. It was on one of the "extra" alternate channels that they only use for overlap cases like that. Some schmo at a northern alabama cable company isn't going to have a clue about all of that.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Milly79

The only time I have problems with a blackout is when it's a JIP on Vs., but on FSN.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
If she was trying to watch the game on FSN then i'm sure it was the cable company.
It was FSN. And unlike Versus, it was truly "blacked" out--all there was was a black screen, they weren't showing alternate programming. I figured it was the cable company but just wanted to make sure.

I sent her to myP2P and a couple of other sources so she could pull it up online if it happened again.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Per the Tennessean, ~2500 tickets still remain for tomorrow's game.

No TCAPs or absurd start time to blame for this one. Anything below 16750 is pretty disappointing, IMO.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

No TCAPs or absurd start time to blame for this one. Anything below 16750 is pretty disappointing, IMO.
That is disappointing. Fans and local companies need to step up...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

The new excuse I've heard is the NFL draft. I mean, really?! The DRAFT?! WTF?!

I'm over this attendance situation. Willy was calling people out yesterday who are interested in hockey, and have the money to spend on tickets if they want to, but only go to games when they manage to get free tickets from friends or whoever. I know a LOT of people like that. I know money is a touchy subject, but when you can get a ticket for $10 and tickets in the cheaper price ranges are still available, it annoys me to hear that people are unwilling to pay for that...especially if those same people have the cash to spend, yet would happily take an extra ticket of mine for free. I just want more people...who are able to...to put up and shut up already!

The only upside of our situation is that the people who are there REALLY care. We're connected to our team at a level that probably isn't seen with a lot of other pro teams. To quote Eklund:

Quote:
"These fans saved the team back in July and theyíll be darned if they donít try everything they can to keep them going. That cat on their sweater still has a few lives left. The result of this roller coaster ride is a fanbase that is connected to a team at the level that is usually reserved for college sports in America. And the hockey atmosphere in the Sommet Center is just that. A College Atmosphere.

They chant on their own. They sing on their own. No prompting. No 'MAKE SOME NOISE' on the big board. The players are amazed by it. Find one player on any NHL team that has played in Nashville and ask him. They are amazed by it. And they are even more amazed by the fact that people in 29 other cities donít seem to know about it.

They say home ice is overrated these days. Not here. Here they are the seventh man for a group of players who have ten times the heart that they have star power. But heart in hockey is a big deal. Heart can take you far."

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Numbers are much better for tonight

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Numbers are much better for tonight
care to elaborate ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:11 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

AEM, people will always have excuses and their reasons. Some like freebies, some have other stuff they'd rather do, some have kids with tests to take, some don't like hockey, some will watch the NFL draft, plenty more I'm sure I could come up with. Why worry about it? I know we want to keep the team and we have enough of a fan base to do so right now. If we sell out tonight we do, if we don't we don't. It's our job to promote the game to our friends and family and I feel I've done my fair share as I'm sure you and many others have. The fan base is growing and while it may not be as fast as we'd like, it is what it is. I understand your frustrations but coming on here and talking about it or stressing about it won't do you any good. People are gonna do what they want to do and while it might not be what we want them to do, it's not gonna change.

I have gone to about 6 or 7 Titans games over the years and only paid for one. I have no interest in them whatsoever and could care less that they're our local team. I've always been a Cowboys fan and will always be one. Does that make me a bad person for not supporting our local football team? I sure as heck hope not. It just doesn't interest me. If people aren't interested in hockey and the only way to get them into games is to give them freebies, so be it, maybe at some point they get hooked. I've always enjoyed hockey, since I was a kid, but it wasn't until the Preds came here that I got into the way that I have. Going to the games is basically my entertainment for the year. I rarely go to movies or see music or comedy because I'd rather spend my money on the Preds.

I have a funny feeling if we win tonight and we either win the series in Chicago or have a chance to win it at home in game 6, the barn will be full for game 6 or in round 2. I know some have been put off by us not winning in the playoffs and want to see us get past this round. We'll see if those same people put their money where their mouth is. Thing is, if we do win this series, we will start to get national attention and some respect and that should go a long way in helping attendance issues.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
care to elaborate ?
on the other boards mccann has been quoted as saying tickets are moving rapidly today... his guess was that over 1000 had already gone...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
on the other boards mccann has been quoted as saying tickets are moving rapidly today... his guess was that over 1000 had already gone...
Volde is that you?

Glad to hear that the tickets are being moved!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
good deal

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:43 AM
66Falconboy

Here's the link to that article...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-...mmand/24/27906

66Falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
care to elaborate ?
can't really, sorry. i work for TM, so can't really be the one givin' out #'s. haha. but i feel comfortable saying it is a lot better than tuesday night.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
can't really, sorry. i work for TM, so can't really be the one givin' out #'s. haha. but i feel comfortable saying it is a lot better than tuesday night.
True or false, are you guys really struggling keeping up with all the orders?

Old
04-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
True or false, are you guys really struggling keeping up with all the orders?

Hmm, I'm in the biz office so don't handle any orders. No word of anything going on though, everything is runnin' smooth and tickets are selling

Old
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Hmm, I'm in the biz office so don't handle any orders. No word of anything going on though, everything is runnin' smooth and tickets are selling
Paul gave us an update saying the front office was having a hard time keeping up with the orders. hope this is true!

I want a sellout... but I want a WIN more

Old
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Paul gave us an update saying the front office was having a hard time keeping up with the orders. hope this is true!

I want a sellout... but I want a WIN more
Ah ok I was thinking you meant it like, we weren't able to perform our duties haha. Hopefully the guys n' girls in the box office are stuffing envelopes for will call and gettin buried under a mountain of cold hard cash, haha.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Ah ok I was thinking you meant it like, we weren't able to perform our duties haha. Hopefully the guys n' girls in the box office are stuffing envelopes for will call and gettin buried under a mountain of cold hard cash, haha.
pshhh naw that isn't what I meant.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Sucks to see players having to ask fans to come out to playoff games tho...

dellis39 This is by far the best time to watch a game. Rockin atmosphere and the best hockey on the planet! Why would u want to miss this Nash?
1 minute ago via UberTwitter

Sullivan26 RT @dellis39: Come on Nashville let's fill the Bridgestone arena...we might be the only team in the NHL to not sell out a playoff game.

Old
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:

dellis39 This is by far the best time to watch a game. Rockin atmosphere and the best hockey on the planet! Why would u want to miss this Nash?

Sullivan26 RT @dellis39: Come on Nashville let's fill the Bridgestone arena...we might be the only team in the NHL to not sell out a playoff game.
but i like it that they are willing to do it.

and I think they appreciate how the crowd is awesome, even if its not a full house

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Drake744
Resident Jones Homer

vCash: 325
Quote:

Embarrassing

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Embarrassing
Somewhat. Are you going?

Old
04-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Liquidfire3240

Well, the 100 or so $10 tickets were gone well before 10:30.
But I cant bring myself to spend the $40 on the cheapest tickets, Ill start saving up for the (hopefully) 2nd round tickets.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote