HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Move on. Bring on game 4

Old
04-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Charley_5054

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
can someone tell me the name of our new playoff intro song?
The song they played when they stepped on the ice is City Of Blinding Lights - U2

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:25 PM
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
The song they played when they stepped on the ice is City Of Blinding Lights - U2
there's somebody in the head office obsessed with u2 and the guy needs to get jumped in a street alley or something.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Koivu2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
there's somebody in the head office obsessed with u2 and the guy needs to get jumped in a street alley or something.
I bet is Boivin, do it!

Koivu2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
It's a tough haul for Markov in the playoffs, teams are obviously game planning against him. No one else on the Habs defense is helping him out, Bergeron I thought would be more of a factor this series considering the wide open style the Caps play, but at this point, you might as well throw O'byrne out there.

Either way, I don't think this series is over, not by any stretch...even last night, the Caps when up 4-0 still gave the habs, MANY chances to get back into it. Habs are going back to Washington tied 2-2.

I kind of expected one of the games in this series to be a blowout for the Caps, hopefully this was the one...

Had the Habs been able to score at least 1 goal in that 1st period last night, I think it would of been a different game. But props to Varlamov who stood tall
I actually think Markov has been quite good these POs. MAB has been brutal.
I think Markov got caught a few times with poor defending that lead to goals, but he also made some really nice defensive plays.
MAB is a veteran though, there's no reason for him to make stupid passes and two back to back giveaways that lead to the 5th goal. Even if it was 4-1, these are things he does often.
He easily gets beaten and pushed around as well.

Where I see the problem is that our 4th line yesterday was completely useless and almost never used. If Martin is to do that, then he might as well dress O'Byrne and rotate 7 Dmen.

Sergei also needs to come back.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 01:43 PM
BelHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Roy did not handle it right away. He struggled for 2 years in the playoffs after winning the cup. Much like Price did after making his Calder run.
BTW, Tony O played only 13 games for Montreal, none of which were in the playoffs.
You did notice the part about Roy winning the Cup in his rookie year? Surely you're not comparing a Calder Cup win with a Stanley Cup? As I said, Roy showed it right away.

Tony O didn't play in a playoff, true, but I distinctly remember him being told that he must perform well in a particular game for him to remain with the team, and he was horrid. If you were around at the time, you have to admit that there already were concerns about his ability to perform under pressure. (And surely you remember Lemaire's [not sure if it was Lemaire] shot from centre ice that turned around the game 7 against Chicago?)

Finally, Espo did play better against the Soviets in '72 but despite this they decided to go with Dryden in the last game because they just didn't trust Tony to come up big in such a pressure game. Surely you remember this.

BelHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 01:56 PM
FeelsLike93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
thanks man

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote