Notices

Bouchard

Old
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Wildlife

vCash: 500
Bouchard

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|MIN|home

What do you guys think about Bouchard's chances of making it back next year? I have my doubts if he's still as bad as he was earlier this year. He hasn't shown too many signs of improvement in a while, yet in this article they seem to almost just assume he'll be good to go at some point this summer. Of course they say there's a chance he won't and he'll have to work hard to get back, but I got the vibe they seem pretty confident. Or is it just wishful thinking?

Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
mnwildgophers

The way he's talking is that he feels that he's almost symptom free which would hinder us from doing a lot this offseason, but he was gone almost a whole season, maybe he can come back, but it's going to be awful tough for him to be able to.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:17 PM
se7en
infamous...

i posed a similar question about this on CBS's forum but I didn't get much input... I wish they talked a little about what lingering symptoms he has and what his Doctors are telling him.. They really have set no form of time table, only speculation.. Last I heard he couldn't even do 5 push-ups with-out getting dizzy. (that's not quite a qoute or anything because I can't site it but it was along those lines...)

Without any more info it's really hard to gauge how good of shape he's in now. They didn't even really say that he's ready to exercise yet. However, and I could be way off base here but didn't we have to put PMB on Long Term IR to get his cap space available to use on Kobasew? Maybe he's getting better but they were taking it extra slow since we couldn't afford for him to come back if he got back in game shape suprisingly quick or something but I really don't know...

I think he'll be back in the line-up sometime next season but these looooooong term concussions are really confusing. I wonder if he'll even still be an impact player (i use that term lightly) but you know what I mean. Sometimes concussions like this mess up a player for life...

I hope for the best because I believe that Fletch could really utilize him. I think with Lats & Havlat especially. I think PMB might really make Havlat & Lats into a dangerous sniper line.. But who knows!?

Best wishes to PMB & I hope he comes back to start next season

se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post

What do you guys think about Bouchard's chances of making it back next year? I have my doubts if he's still as bad as he was earlier this year. He hasn't shown too many signs of improvement in a while, yet in this article they seem to almost just assume he'll be good to go at some point this summer. Of course they say there's a chance he won't and he'll have to work hard to get back, but I got the vibe they seem pretty confident. Or is it just wishful thinking?
It's just weird. He was out an entire year, yet, it sounds like Savard is almost ready to come back. These things are completely a case-by-case basis. There is really no way to speculate unless he starts talking about it.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
mnwildgophers

Yeah, we just don't know enough about how concussions work to judge a timetable, I got one this year and it took about 2 weeks to clear up, although it was a mild one. It's really too bad for him, I really feel for the guy (as much as you can for a guy that makes 4 mil a year), but it's just unfortunate.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2010, 10:47 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlife View Post

Pretty much what Dr. Jan Itor said. There's no set timetable for concussions and until Bouchard ends up starting to weightlift and skate, there's nothing to do but wait.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Corey Koskie.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 05:38 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
The way he's talking is that he feels that he's almost symptom free which would hinder us from doing a lot this offseason, but he was gone almost a whole season, maybe he can come back, but it's going to be awful tough for him to be able to.
I agree. It should be very difficult to get back to playing at high performance level after taking a whole year off. A lot of healthy player's careers were either finished or were never the same after the lockout of '04.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote