HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks 4/19/10 WCQF Game 3! Doughty Ties Record!

Old
04-20-2010, 12:28 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game. Staples Center was ELECTRIC! GOD how I have missed hearing that building loud.

One of the most physical games I've seen this playoffs. Glad to see the Kings whether that massive storm the Canucks brought in the 1st. They turned the tables in the 2nd and put it away in the 3rd.

The power play. Sweet Jesus.

GO KINGS!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DoctorPayne

Great work by the Kings tonight. Vancouver mods are in full-out revisionist history mode, deleting any posts that DARE challenge the assertion that the league office is organizing some kind of conspiracy against the Canucks. Meanwhile, their forum has morphed into a river of tears over that disallowed goal, which (as they all seem to forget) wouldn't have actually won the game. Or tied it.

Go Kings, beat the hell out of that team. Keep on chasing Luongo. We stand with you, comrades!

DoctorPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ollie Weeks

Oh, and Vancouver and Western Canada can have Hughson. We've got the series lead!

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:29 AM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Kings fans,

My sincere apologies for my comment earlier in your GDT. Getting caught up in the emotion of an intense playoff series, such as this one, will do that to you.

In reality, the Canucks' PK just sucks balls right now. Couple that with the talent you guys have on the PP and you've got a recipe for complete ownage on LA's part in terms of special teams. I'm really hoping the Canucks can clean up their act and square up this series on Monday!

Again, sorry about the trolling. Hope you guys still don't mind me lurking every now and then.
You are forgiven.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Kings fans,

My sincere apologies for my comment earlier in your GDT. Getting caught up in the emotion of an intense playoff series, such as this one, will do that to you.

In reality, the Canucks' PK just sucks balls right now. Couple that with the talent you guys have on the PP and you've got a recipe for complete ownage on LA's part in terms of special teams. I'm really hoping the Canucks can clean up their act and square up this series on Monday!

Again, sorry about the trolling. Hope you guys still don't mind me lurking every now and then.
Apology accepted. No worries.

Kings are still going to win the series.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Omni Owl
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hell of a game to be at.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorPayne View Post
Great work by the Kings tonight. Vancouver mods are in full-out revisionist history mode, deleting any posts that DARE challenge the assertion that the league office is organizing some kind of conspiracy against the Canucks. Meanwhile, their forum has morphed into a river of tears over that disallowed goal, which (as they all seem to forget) wouldn't have actually won the game. Or tied it.

Go Kings, beat the hell out of that team. Keep on chasing Luongo. We stand with you, comrades!
Thank you.

I was removed from the discussion for suggesting that the Nucks lost due to special teams.

Last edited by Since 1967: 04-20-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Since 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:42 AM
Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Wow, Fox just showed the replay of the non-goal and he did flick the toe of his skate. I bet that is why the goal was disallowed. That wasn't the normal stopping motion.

I stand corrected. Good call by Toronto.
Not only that, but in the panned back shot of the goal, he was looking directly at the puck while he did it, which definitely made it look like he was kicking at it.

Since 1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Oilers fan, and recent bandwagon jumper (but secretly closeted) Kings fan

What a game. From second period on, what momentum. I really like Simmonds game, I see how you guys hold him with such high value now.

And man, Zeus is awesome!

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Rommel

Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Richardson is our best forward.
How is that possible? Wasn't it decisively determined a few months back that Brad Richardson is the worst player in the NHL?

(Richie has been amazing. Truly)

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:45 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

why can't i find a link to listen to kings talk on the internet????

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Bandit

Voice? What voice? Who has a voice left after a game like that?

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:46 AM
El Duderino

Quote:

Worry about your own team.

To Kings fans, your team is sick on special teams. Absoultely ***** the hell out of the Canucks. Please ignore the Canuck fans who are all upset about this game, we are all very, very heavily invested in this team (it's the only pro franchise in Vancouver) and hate it when they perform so poorly. Also, the fact that it seems like everyone's (all these random teams fans) just come out of the woodwork to piss on the Canucks while they're down upsets us even further leading to more retarded posts.

Anyway, hope that the next game is a little more competitive. Good night!

El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:

... Vancouver's a great team. I admire their talent. I think all I'm asking is that their fans acknowledge that the Kings have some talent, too. I don't think there's any argument that the Canucks are the superior team, but the Kings are in these playoffs for a reason.

I was hoping for a great series, and so far I haven't been disappointed. The games have been exciting and extremely comptetitive. Hopefully the Vancouver fans will come around.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Voice? What voice? Who has a voice left after a game like that?
i will be amazed if i recover for wednesday

Old
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

I would stay off the main boards, looks like everyone is a little touchy feely over the series.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

So... show of hands on how many of you still want to see Jack Johnson dealt? Him (and Doughty) have been, to steal a phrase from Pierre Macguire, MONSTERS!

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Holden Caulfield
Eternal Skeptic

Wow, so pumped. I am going to study until 4am probably (its already 1) since I forsure cant sleep with the adreneline pumping.

DD and JJ are playing absolutely unreal right now, probably don't have to comment more on that...other than did anyone else think Doughty was feeling that kneeall game? Especially on the 2nd goal, the Samuelsson one he was slow getting off the boards and the turnover was uncharateristic. Hopefully he is alright.

Richardson was great and that whole line did a great job shutting down the Sedin sisters. Great effort.

I thought the 4th line also played solid, Parse and Halpern should be dressed every game, but Clune is just a meh for me. I've never been that sold on that guy.

Kopitar line was a little scrambly I thought. Whenever Vancouver had really good chances they seemed to be on, I think they need to step up somewhat and establish a better cycle game.

I really wish we had picked up one more defenseman at the deadline, that Jones/Harrold/Drewiske spot is killing us.

Quick was not spectacular but he did enought to win, like he so often does. And he for sure is outdueling Luongo, which is the difference in the series I think.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:50 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Vancouver's a great team. I admire their talent. I think all I'm asking is that their fans acknowledge that the Kings have some talent, too. I don't think there's any argument that the Canucks are the superior team, but the Kings are in these playoffs for a reason.

I was hoping for a great series, and so far I haven't been disappointed. The games have been exciting and extremely comptetitive. Hopefully the Vancouver fans will come around.
Why?

Excuse Mr. Stat man, but the Canucks had 2 more points than us. 3 more wins, and they play in a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker division.

Luongo and One ugly Sedin don't make for a better overall team. Put them in the Pacific and they finish between 6th and 9th.

Old
04-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Bandit

Quote:
i will be amazed if i recover for wednesday
Tea with honey my friend.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:55 AM
William H Bonney

Jack on the PP....

Quote:
JOHNSON: “There’s no secret to it at all. We’re just taking what’s given. Drew and I, especially at the top, we need to try to be able to create things for the forwards. If we had a chance to shoot, we did. If one of us couldn’t shoot, just keep moving it around, and we just kept moving. One thing we didn’t want to do was stand still.
It's just beautiful.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Good job boys, keep it going!

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2010, 12:56 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Tea with honey my friend.
you mean this mug root beer and two taco supremes from taco bell won't do the trick?????

Old
04-20-2010, 12:57 AM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Why?

Excuse Mr. Stat man, but the Canucks had 2 more points than us. 3 more wins, and they play in a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker division.

Luongo and One ugly Sedin don't make for a better overall team. Put them in the Pacific and they finish between 6th and 9th.
... We've covered this.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote