HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room II (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2011, 10:55 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 50
The thing with creating player is that in order to have him at 99 , you also need to give him intangible that Gretzky for example doesn't really have , the ''overall'' system is flawed because too many players have offensive ability too high , which make Gretzky hard to create as a much better offensive weapon.He would need to have 110 overall in passing and things of the sort , so you end up making him physical to get his 99 overall lol

Old
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
The thing with creating player is that in order to have him at 99 , you also need to give him intangible that Gretzky for example doesn't really have , the ''overall'' system is flawed because too many players have offensive ability too high , which make Gretzky hard to create as a much better offensive weapon.He would need to have 110 overall in passing and things of the sort , so you end up making him physical to get his 99 overall lol
I have made this exact same argument before. In "offensive awareness", Gretzky should score 100, Orr 90, Lemieux 90, and probably no one else should get higher than 80.

Old
03-03-2011, 11:06 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
I have made this exact same argument before. In "offensive awareness", Gretzky should score 100, Orr 90, Lemieux 90, and probably no one else should get higher than 80.
agreed

Old
03-03-2011, 11:21 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
I would give Gordie Howe 85. That would probably make him the best player in the league, but that's probably what he is.

EDIT: Add Maurice Richard. Can't think of anyone else

Old
03-03-2011, 11:40 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBelfour View Post
I would give Gordie Howe 85. That would probably make him the best player in the league, but that's probably what he is.

EDIT: Add Maurice Richard. Can't think of anyone else
yeah, from the blueline in, Richard is pretty good.

Old
03-03-2011, 01:17 PM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Yes you are right. Gretzky's passing and offensive awareness are off the charts, but could only make them 99. I had to give him a high defensive awareness but a very low checking rating to get him to be a 99 overall. He actually was very datsyuk like in his ability to pick pocket opponents. I feel thats a trait of his game that gets lost or forgotten about at times, But there's no way I could go about making these rosters if gretz couldn't be a 99 overall. It would have been better if they would do away with the overall rating completely.

on a side-note me and my brother just played a game and he beat me 4-3 behind Gordie Howe's hat trick. I just had no answer for Howe.

Old
03-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
You can just scale it down so that he can be relatively that much better. Give someone like Thornton or Oates a 90 in passing and an average star a 75-80 so you can give Gretzky a 99.

Old
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
JFA87-66-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
You can just scale it down so that he can be relatively that much better. Give someone like Thornton or Oates a 90 in passing and an average star a 75-80 so you can give Gretzky a 99.
The only thing with that is I'd have to scale down every single player on the game. When I let the computer run the fantasy draft the way the rosters are now it looks very similar too our real ATD which I like.

Old
03-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

How would one come about pronouncing Bill Hajt's last name?

Old
03-03-2011, 05:44 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
How would one come about pronouncing Bill Hajt's last name?
''Height''.

Old
03-03-2011, 08:02 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

On a random note , I came accross this the other day.Nostalgia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtaBUhVAs6I

Old
03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
seventieslord

oh yeah? how about this?

Old
03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Devils win again and Kovalchuk is playing like a star, rather than a career skilled AHLer....

Can John MacLean officially become to head coaches what Wade Belak already is to superstar power forwards in the ATD?

Old
03-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Leafs Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Devils win again and Kovalchuk is playing like a star, rather than a career skilled AHLer....

Can John MacLean officially become to head coaches what Wade Belak already is to superstar power forwards in the ATD?
I'd support that.

Old
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
overpass

Quote:

He's an ATD option as a player, so that might be tricky.

Old
03-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
He's an ATD option as a player, so that might be tricky.
Wade Belak's coaching career is also very honorable, you don't see any of us holding back!

Old
03-04-2011, 10:06 PM
vancityluongo

Quote:

Have I ever mentioned that I gave a friend of mine 200:1 odds against New Jersey making the playoffs back when they were 14th...he's not even a Devils fan, just a troll. What. The. ****. TDMM, why couldn't you tell me this was coming? I thought the season was all but tanked for NJ and they were looking forward to next season with Larsson/RNH.

This comes from the same guy that insists James Reimer is gonna be a HHOF'er one day.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
Have I ever mentioned that I gave a friend of mine 200:1 odds against New Jersey making the playoffs back when they were 14th...he's not even a Devils fan, just a troll. What. The. ****. TDMM, why couldn't you tell me this was coming? I thought the season was all but tanked for NJ and they were looking forward to next season with Larsson/RNH.
I'd be pretty upset if I was a Devil's fan as there's still only something like a 2% shot of the playoffs, but there's also not going to be a high pick. Should have waited until next year for this run.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:03 PM
vancityluongo

They're only 9 points out with 2 games in hand. I dunno, it's not like Colorado last year where they were clearly rebuilding and then all of a sudden the team got better and screwed that up (we're seeing them making up for that gaffe this year).

Although I suppose ideally for them they would've gotten a top-3 pick and then pull a 07-08 Philly next season, but losing sucks. At least Devils fans have had an entertaining run the last little while.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:31 PM
seventieslord

Quote:

I thought the official story was that he wasn't that bad... or did this incredible run after his firing prove he actually was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post

This comes from the same guy that insists James Reimer is gonna be a HHOF'er one day.
I'd be sweating right now if I were you.

And if Reimer maintains this level of performance for 500 more games, or 500 of the next 800.... he's in the hall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
I'd be pretty upset if I was a Devil's fan as there's still only something like a 2% shot of the playoffs, but there's also not going to be a high pick. Should have waited until next year for this run.
It's only 2% based on every team's current win% and not taking into account recent trends, right? Because I am concerned, legitimately I think, that the Leafs will pass the teams they're chasing, and the Devils will pass the Leafs.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:33 PM
seventieslord

By the way, I wanted to publicly congratulate Mr. Bugg for his excellent piece on Don Gallinger that was in last week's THN. It taught me a lot that I never knew. He brought to life one of hockey's more tragic stories. It hit close to home for me too, because Gallinger, in some ways, reminded me of my own father.

Old
03-05-2011, 12:35 AM
EagleBelfour

vCash: 873
Quote:
By the way, I wanted to publicly congratulate Mr. Bugg for his excellent piece on Don Gallinger that was in last week's THN. It taught me a lot that I never knew. He brought to life one of hockey's more tragic stories. It hit close to home for me too, because Gallinger, in some ways, reminded me of my own father.
Is there a place we can read this article?

Old
03-05-2011, 12:48 AM
seventieslord

I don't know if it's online for free anywhere, but Bugg probably knows for sure.

Old
03-05-2011, 12:57 AM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:

It's only 2% based on every team's current win% and not taking into account recent trends, right?
I think so (going off of Sports Club Stats). The Devils probably have to go at least 13-4-1 to make it and get a lot of help.

Old
03-05-2011, 01:17 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
I think so (going off of Sports Club Stats). The Devils probably have to go at least 13-4-1 to make it and get a lot of help.
Heh. I use that site too. I have for about the last 2 weeks

Closed Thread