HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

WCQ Game 3 | 4-20-2010 | 8:00 Vs/TSN/CSN | Chicago Blackhawks v. Nashville Predators

Old
04-21-2010, 07:37 AM
crossxcheck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRISB19 View Post
As a wings fan, let me just say this.......F*%& the preds! I know most of you hate detroit, but i have nothing but love for the blackhawks, its much better to see them doing good than columbus or nashville. If the wings cant win the cup this year, im putting my backing for the hawks, it would be nice to see yall win. As somebody that went to the winter classic, it was nice to see the amount of chicago fans who came out and supported the hawks and felt a mutual hate for columbus and nashville, what a bunch of crappy hockey markets they are, having been to both cities to see the wings play them. BETTMAN SUCKS!! go wings, go hawks, f*%& the preds!
You're such a sweetheart

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 08:12 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
I wish I cared enough to pull up the topic after Game 3 vs Vancouver last year, because I'm pretty sure everyone was saying the same things.

Question is if we can win Game 4 on the road this time.

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Steve Larmer

Flawless gameplan executed by the Pred's last night. Impressive and humbling from a Hawks perspective.

They flat out owned us. They had more jump in their step, beat us to loose pucks, had great gaps defensively in the neutral zone, played as physical a game as I've ever seen and capitalized on their chances.

What's our response on Thursday?

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 09:14 AM
stingo

We better come out flying on Thursday or we're done, and I'll be rooting for LA for the rest of these playoffs. I don't want to do that.

Come on Hawks. Where's the passion?

Pathetic!

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Seabrook and Byfuglien have been horrid this series. Just awful. I don't get the Hossa hate, he's the one piece on his line that is creating.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
As a wings fan, let me just say this.......F*%& the preds! I know most of you hate detroit, but i have nothing but love for the blackhawks, its much better to see them doing good than columbus or nashville. If the wings cant win the cup this year, im putting my backing for the hawks, it would be nice to see yall win. As somebody that went to the winter classic, it was nice to see the amount of chicago fans who came out and supported the hawks and felt a mutual hate for columbus and nashville, what a bunch of crappy hockey markets they are, having been to both cities to see the wings play them. BETTMAN SUCKS!! go wings, go hawks, f*%& the preds!
As a Preds fan, let me just say the feeling is mutual. Glad Detroit has the Wings - there isn't much else to get excited about. What a depressing city. But hey, it's a fantastic hockey market. f*%& the Dead Things!

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:10 AM
HaliFawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Seabrook and Byfuglien have been horrid this series. Just awful. I don't get the Hossa hate, he's the one piece on his line that is creating.
I agree. I think Hossa has played very strong on the puck, and had created a lot of chances. I am not concerned about him as much as I am the rest of the team.

HaliFawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:32 AM
VampOfVegas

wow..

VampOfVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampOfVegas View Post
You live in Nashville? Bahaha, your statement holds no ground anymore. /fail.
You don't get out much do you?

My statement holds no ground anymore?
Are you implying that Nashville is somehow just like Detroit? Bahaha!!!!

I've lived 20 years in Detroit, 20 year in Nashville..... You have absolutely NO idea how ignorant you sound.

The population of Detroit continues to Grow Rapidly as we speak doesn't it!!!

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:47 AM
IngloriusBuzzards

Hey Hawks Fans,

I was at the game RIGHT behind the Chicago bench last night. Just wanted to give my perspective. First off, this series is FAR from over - by no means am I sitting here with too much confidence. The Hawks are dangerous and will remain so until they are gone!

I am very surprised by the lethargic effort of Chicago last night. It was like their was just no life on the Hawks bench all night! I had a GREAT look at this, and kept waiting for some sort of "Wake up" to happen... Never did. I'm not taking anything away from the Preds, they REALLY handed you your heads last night, especially physically - lets be honest, but the HAWKS made it awfully easy. They just didn't look prepared for this one - and it seemed so from the start.

I can only HOPE for game 4 to have the same flavor, but I don't expect it.

Good Day.

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Ew. I f-ing hate Wings fans and it makes me mad they even got in the playoffs this year. Would've been so hilarious if they had missed...oh well.

Despite our "crappy hockey market", I thought it was ridiculously loud in Bridgestone last night. I was wondering if any of you Hawks fans were there and what your impression of the city and especially the arena and crowd noise level was? I'm always curious to hear out-of-town fans' perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Hey Hawks Fans,

I was at the game RIGHT behind the Chicago bench last night. Just wanted to give my perspective. First off, this series is FAR from over - by no means am I sitting here with too much confidence. The Hawks are dangerous and will remain so until they are gone!

I am very surprised by the lethargic effort of Chicago last night. It was like their was just no life on the Hawks bench all night! I had a GREAT look at this, and kept waiting for some sort of "Wake up" to happen... Never did. I'm not taking anything away from the Preds, they REALLY handed you your heads last night, especially physically - lets be honest, but the HAWKS made it awfully easy. They just didn't look prepared for this one - and it seemed so from the start.

I can only HOPE for game 4 to have the same flavor, but I don't expect it.

Good Day.
I always wonder what's going on on the benches during the game...I'd LOVE to sit in those between-the-bench seats. So it was quiet on their bench? When you sit behind it can you actually hear what they're saying? I think that'd be soooo interesting.

Hawks, you guys are gonna come out MAD tomorrow (if you have any heart at all which some of you seem to doubt and I hope you're right!), but the Nashville crowd won't allow a Game 2-esque no-show from our boys. Gonna be very interesting...

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 11:24 AM
budleydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Despite our "crappy hockey market", I thought it was ridiculously loud in Bridgestone last night. I was wondering if any of you Hawks fans were there and what your impression of the city and especially the arena and crowd noise level was? I'm always curious to hear out-of-town fans' perspectives.

Hawks, you guys are gonna come out MAD tomorrow (if you have any heart at all which some of you seem to doubt and I hope you're right!), but the Nashville crowd won't allow a Game 2-esque no-show from our boys. Gonna be very interesting...

All you guys need to do is learn that any contact made on any Pred player doesn't deserve a round of boos.

budleydudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 11:32 AM
TheFirebird
Resurget Cineribus

So... how's Hossa workin' out for you?

TheFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 12:01 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So basically the only thing that is going right for us this postseason should be benched?

If coach Q does that he should be fired
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcersrule View Post
This.

Not to mention what being benched might do to Niemi's confidence, given that Game 1 and Game 3 he was the only person on the team to actually show up...

"You're the only reason we weren't slaughtered in Game 1 and Game 3, you earned a Shutout in Game 2 (in only your 2nd post-season game), you played pretty phenomenally for the last 3-4 weeks of the regular season and have been darn good in the post-season so far... now sit your ass on the bench so we can play the guy who was shaky-at-best all season and didn't see ice time in the last 2 weeks of the regular season, who the team and the fans have no confidence in..." Umm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty57 View Post
Why ?? is Niemi going to play forward.
I never said it was a good idea, just wondered if they might do it.

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
Go the **** away, troll.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
helicon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird View Post
He's been arguably the best Hawk forward through 3 games, although that's a pretty pathetic group right now. I'd almost prefer if there were one or two obvious goats for the Hawks. If I could pin it on one or two guys I'd have more hope for the rest of the series. Almost everyone ****ing sucks right now. No heart. Notable exceptions being Niemi, Keith (I thought he was only skater who showed any grit or heart last night) and I suppose Hossa. I guess Kopecky played as well as you could expect last night too.

helicon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Steve Larmer

I'm not getting the Hossa and Toews hate at all. Both have been good the entire series. Obviously they haven't scored yet so yea that sucks, but their all around games have been solid.

Buff needs to either wake up or move back up to forward. I don't trust him with the puck as the last line of defense anymore.

Old
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
I don't get why all the trolls come out now. We've been cruising most of the season them when we drop a few games everyone likes to chime in. It's really pretty pathetic.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Hawks88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Larmer View Post
I'm not getting the Hossa and Toews hate at all. Both have been good the entire series. Obviously they haven't scored yet so yea that sucks, but their all around games have been solid.

Buff needs to either wake up or move back up to forward. I don't trust him with the puck as the last line of defense anymore.
All around games? What the **** have you been watching?

Hawks88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Steve Larmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks88 View Post
All around games? What the **** have you been watching?
Hockey games. Every game. In fact I was at the UC for game 2.

Care to cite any specific examples where Toews and Hossa have been bad?

Old
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
I have my theories but would like to here others on:

How have the Hawks transformed from a possession type team to chip it out, chip it in type of team

How has Toews transformed from a player who could dangle coast to coast to a guy who likes to play facing the wall

How has Keith been losing most foot races for the puck lately

When was the last time Hammer pinched and carried the puck below the hash marks
Already, Toews splitting the D, Campbell behind the offensive end net and the entire team having a good transition game through the neutral zone.

They must read these threads.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote