HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seids

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 04:19 AM
Flyman

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Seids

I saw that Seidenberg was dressed by Hitch last night but according to nhl.com's boxscore, he didn't play a single minute!
Is it true??

Old
05-05-2004, 04:55 AM
bobbyboucher24

Thats what I understand as well. I think he was dressed only as an emergency. Being such an important game, I don't think Hitch felt comfortable playing him, especially since he has been away for so long. When it became a 1 goal game, and then a tie game, I knew there was no way Dennis was getting off the bench.

Old
05-05-2004, 06:02 AM
slapshotflyer

I think he will have been told that before the game by Hitch all so. That was his role last night.

Old
05-05-2004, 09:43 AM
capn89*

If the game was a blowout, I'm sure Seids would have gotton some playing time... even if they would have gone up 3-0 in the game, I'm sure he would have gotten a few minutes. But 2-0 on an elimination game, I'm not going to question Hitch on that one.

On an off-topic note, I'm pleased to see my avatar is catching on Looks like I've finally done something right

Old
05-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Dr Love

Personally I think it's BS. How do you not give him at least one shift? I'm a bit stunned that Hitchcock would handcuff himself for that game by only playing 18 skaters. After it was 2-0 in the first and the Flyers were in command, why not put him on the ice for a few shifts? Every shift that Johnsson plays he risks further injury to his finger, hell every shift he or Ragnarsson or Pitkanen or Markov play they risk getting hurt, especially in a game like last night's. What is the harm in putting Seidenberg out for a few shifts early on in the game? I just don't get it.

Old
05-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Personally I think it's BS. How do you not give him at least one shift? I'm a bit stunned that Hitchcock would handcuff himself for that game by only playing 18 skaters. After it was 2-0 in the first and the Flyers were in command, why not put him on the ice for a few shifts? Every shift that Johnsson plays he risks further injury to his finger, hell every shift he or Ragnarsson or Pitkanen or Markov play they risk getting hurt, especially in a game like last night's. What is the harm in putting Seidenberg out for a few shifts early on in the game? I just don't get it.
Relax. He couldn't put Seidenberg out there when it was 2-0. What if he mccabed up the puck on his first shift and cost them a goal? It the Leafs had taken the lead, he might have let him go out there. Also to be considered, Seidenberg broke his leg before Markov, Malakhov and Timander joined the team so he doesn't have much experience playing with half the D.

Having him there was an option, in case Sami was needed on the forward lines, or in case one of the other d got hurt. Remember, Johnsson's hand, Rag's knee, etc. aren't 100%.

Being down one forward is not an issue. It just meant a little more ice time for Primeau and Handzus, who took turns playing C for the Brash/Somik winger pairing. And hey, it WORKED!

Old
05-06-2004, 02:36 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44
What if he mccabed up the puck on his first shift and cost them a goal?
I love this new verb! :lol

Old
05-08-2004, 02:12 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Anyone know if he'll be playing today?

Closed Thread