HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

'Zeus' finally finds the mark

Closed Thread

Old
05-05-2004, 11:37 AM
swflyers8*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
'Zeus' finally finds the mark

Hopefully, Zeus's recent struggles are done. He gave a nice touch pass back to Somik last night for his goal. He needs to come up big against the Bolts as does Johnny as well. Our big guys need to make themselves a big factor in this next series.

Article about the enigma we call Zeus

Old
05-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Dr Love

LeClair isn't going to score much, hasn't for a while now. The one guy that needs to step it up on the point total is Recchi. We said this prior to the Toronto series as well. But looking at the matchup, Recchi could fare better against the Bolts than he did against the Leafs. At least, I hope he does, a solid series by him would be huge.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Teezax

When will Leclair stop doing that one handed drag in the offensive zone?
The fact that he refused to defer money from his contract when asked just goes to show what type of guy he is. I lost respect for him after that, as probably some of his teammates did as well. He needs to do at leats guve us a couple of goals in this next series, he's our most expensive player and is playing like a guy who shouldn't be getting more than 1,000,000$/year right now. Hopefully we won't see much of him in the future.

Old
05-05-2004, 12:28 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
When will Leclair stop doing that one handed drag in the offensive zone?
The fact that he refused to defer money from his contract when asked just goes to show what type of guy he is. I lost respect for him after that, as probably some of his teammates did as well. He needs to do at leats guve us a couple of goals in this next series, he's our most expensive player and is playing like a guy who shouldn't be getting more than 1,000,000$/year right now. Hopefully we won't see much of him in the future.
In my opinion, John LeClair is the ONLY guy on the Flyers who has yet to step up to the plate this post-season. Primes has lead the way, as THE best captain the Flyers have had in a LONG time. JR stepped up, Zeus is turning it on, Zhamnov has been very consistant... even Gagne is playing great, which is marvelous to see. Amonte has been there. I don't know where some people are saying LeClair is doing the small things, because I don't notice it... Half the time it's JJ calling it, "LeClair carries the puck into the zone, off his stick and the (insert team)s go the other way." He's a big guy and he's got to start getting down low and winning battles with his size, cycle the puck, and park his bigg ass in front of the net.

The only other beef I have with the Flyers, next to LeClair, is Pitkanen, simply because he had seemed really hesitant and afraid to take hits in the early stages of the Leafs series, but in games 5 and 6 he seems to be taking steps in the right direction... oh, and he should rip it more too.

Old
05-05-2004, 06:33 PM
John Flyers Fan

The key is Recchi. He's the one that makes that whole line go.

When Recchi struggles, LeClair and Handzus are going to have major problems.

Hopefully a few days of rest will get Recchi going again, but I believe he's been playing on a broken foot for about 6 weeks now, and it's greatly effcting his play.

Old
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
The key is Recchi. He's the one that makes that whole line go.

When Recchi struggles, LeClair and Handzus are going to have major problems.

Hopefully a few days of rest will get Recchi going again, but I believe he's been playing on a broken foot for about 6 weeks now, and it's greatly effcting his play.
leclair and handzus had jump in game six, especially leclair, nice to see him play better, still didnt score tho.

Old
05-05-2004, 07:44 PM
RoDu

hasn't Leclair played well vs Tampa in the past?

Old
05-06-2004, 07:16 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
hasn't Leclair played well vs Tampa in the past?
Yes, he has played very well against them. Here's hoping he does it again.

Old
05-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
Does he have any points at all yet? I think he has a few assists, but I could be mistaken.

On the topic of Zeus, though, was his hair that long back when he played in St. Louis? I don't really remember his long, curly flowing locks from before just this year.

Old
05-08-2004, 10:43 PM
RoDu

Leclair should either be dropped to the fourth line or scratched, put Branko or Somik on that line, both have looked good to me as of late, couldn't be any worse right now

Old
05-09-2004, 05:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesthar
Does he have any points at all yet? I think he has a few assists, but I could be mistaken.

On the topic of Zeus, though, was his hair that long back when he played in St. Louis? I don't really remember his long, curly flowing locks from before just this year.

his hair wasn't that long one year ago. I think he told someone he hasn't cut his hair since he came to Philadelphia.

Old
05-09-2004, 07:35 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gesthar
One (1) assist thus far in the twelve (12) playoff games.......of the printable things that you can say about that, I think it's safe to say that Johnny isn't "bein' good". :mad:

As for Zeus, he's picking it up and looking alot better than he had in the earlier games of the post season.

Old
05-09-2004, 08:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker 25
One (1) assist thus far in the twelve (12) playoff games.......of the printable things that you can say about that, I think it's safe to say that Johnny isn't "bein' good". :mad:

As for Zeus, he's picking it up and looking alot better than he had in the earlier games of the post season.

John LeClair's last 2 playoff seasons have been just as efficient scoring goals as Chris Dingman as both have 2 goals the last 2 years in the playoffs.

Difference in salary: $8.5 million

Closed Thread