HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

33rd Obsequious Banter Thread: Unfinished Booshness!

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2010, 02:55 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Ebay?
Best Buy. Was up for a contract renewal.

Old
04-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Cleary84

vCash: 500
So my sister is a nurse and today she had a patient who is a limo driver. He drove some pretty famous people around. He actually was supposed to drive Denzel Washington somewhere but Denzel wouldn't get into the car because the driver was white. The driver said you can taking the ****ing bus for all I care, and drove off. I hear Denzel doesn't give out autographs to anyone but blacks.

I could care less about Denzel Washington, I'm just posting this out of boredom.

Old
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Truth. This kills my entire day at work. And I like facebook stalking people.
Speaking of that, is that a guys hat you have on in your profile pic, if so, please send it to me !

Old
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
TheSkatingDutchman

HOLY ****ING **** BALLS!

Old
04-22-2010, 08:40 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
HOLY ****ING **** BALLS!

Desmond Miles?

Old
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
So my sister is a nurse and today she had a patient who is a limo driver. He drove some pretty famous people around. He actually was supposed to drive Denzel Washington somewhere but Denzel wouldn't get into the car because the driver was white. The driver said you can taking the ****ing bus for all I care, and drove off. I hear Denzel doesn't give out autographs to anyone but blacks.

I could care less about Denzel Washington, I'm just posting this out of boredom.
Yeah I used to hear stories about Mr. Washington. Just google Denzel Washington Racist and a bunch of stuff usually comes up. Never got why it's not widely talked about.

But anyway today is an important day. I vow to hit 1000 posts in 30 days. I used to be quite active around here back in '06 (or whenever the hell I joined here) and i feel I've lost connection with this community. But by golly that shall not happen on my watch. I will not let these young ins take my spot. So lets all embrace Bob-Fest as I now post in ever thread out there. You will become sick of me, if you aren't already, of my hit and run tactics on threads.

Old
04-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Flyers93

One of my favourite videos of all time:

I love how he starts celebrating then realizes half way through..

Old
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Black Ice

Quote:

First time I've heard this. When he was in Wilmington a few years back (visiting Butch Lewis, the fight promoter) he was friendly to everyone.

Old
04-23-2010, 12:14 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Yeah I used to hear stories about Mr. Washington. Just google Denzel Washington Racist and a bunch of stuff usually comes up. Never got why it's not widely talked about.

But anyway today is an important day. I vow to hit 1000 posts in 30 days. I used to be quite active around here back in '06 (or whenever the hell I joined here) and i feel I've lost connection with this community. But by golly that shall not happen on my watch. I will not let these young ins take my spot. So lets all embrace Bob-Fest as I now post in ever thread out there. You will become sick of me, if you aren't already, of my hit and run tactics on threads.
I know why. Some people don't understand that racism is a two-way street. The term "reverse-racism" offends me. It implies a double standard that should not even exist, on a prejudice that shouldn't even exist.

Mr. Washington is no better then any other racist if those stories are indeed true.

Old
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
CavemanLawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I know why. Some people don't understand that racism is a two-way street. The term "reverse-racism" offends me. It implies a double standard that should not even exist, on a prejudice that shouldn't even exist.

Mr. Washington is no better then any other racist if those stories are indeed true.
Yeah true. I mean no one knows if the stories are true are not and such. Well except when he came out and said he wouldn't do love scenes with Julia Roberts because she's white or something like that? But his words might have been twisted. He is one of those 'I'm proud to be XYZ' people though, so I can see maybe that starting the rumors and stories and rubbing people the wrong way.

But anyway, It's still kinda crazy when you think about it that it's 2010 and yet racist culture and such still thrives on. When's that all gonna end, whats the over under on that?

Old
04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:

From personal experience, that's not true.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
04-23-2010, 03:03 AM
PhilaFlyers

Pretty old, but this video is still awesome.

Old
04-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Don Nachbaur 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
HOLY ****ING **** BALLS!

Michael Scott from Dunder Mifflin??

Old
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers93 View Post
One of my favourite videos of all time:

I love how he starts celebrating then realizes half way through..
Lol. I never saw that. Classic.

Old
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
But anyway, It's still kinda crazy when you think about it that it's 2010 and yet racist culture and such still thrives on. When's that all gonna end, whats the over under on that?
I absolutely cannot ****ing stand that. There's been more then enough times when I've been called **** walking down the street because I'm white, and going to high school in Pennsauken was the ****ing worst with that ********. First off, don't blame me because some people BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN, decided it was cool to hate on black people. Two, I have friends of just about every race, ethnicity, gender, and orientation. If I was racist, I wouldn't talk to them. I hate everyone equally. The thing that just drives me nuts though is I do notice a lot of black people are racist now-a-days. And it's just like, you're hating on me for something that happened how long ago that I had no part of, and it's you that's still keeping it alive today. ****, how many Jewish people do you see walking around hating on all the blue eyed, blonde haired Christians? Ive yet to meet one in my experience. Get the **** over yourselves already.

Old
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
JSTAFF

Racism will NEVER end. However, the people that grow up in cookie cutter towns that live cookie cutter lives will never know the way life really is. It goes both ways, black to white and white to black.

Do I care? No.

Old
04-23-2010, 12:33 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
Racism will NEVER end. However, the people that grow up in cookie cutter towns that live cookie cutter lives will never know the way life really is. It goes both ways, black to white and white to black.

Do I care? No.
Of course you don't care. You have more important things to worry about. Like Tim Tebow failing and ruining this years draft for your re-building squad.

Old
04-23-2010, 12:55 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Of course you don't care. You have more important things to worry about. Like Tim Tebow failing and ruining this years draft for your re-building squad.

Old
04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Go Kim Johnsson with a Kings Playoff avy? WTF?

Old
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
He swaps them out since they play alternate days. He's been a Kings fan too for a long time.

Old
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
I'm about to put my Doughty avatar on. I should've asked for a Handzus one .

Old
04-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Boooo. Traitors.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
He swaps them out since they play alternate days. He's been a Kings fan too for a long time.
I'm sorry Jules, you're awesome, but I can't hear you over all the excuses you're making for him.

Old
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
I'm sorry Jules, you're awesome, but I can't hear you over all the excuses you're making for him.
LOL. Eh, I wouldn't be if I didn't know he's followed them for years. I don't have a problem with liking a western team. If we meet up in the SCF's, that's different.

Old
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

All or nothing is the way I go. I've got teams I'll cheer for in the West, but until the Flyers are done, no one else is going to get any love from me.

By the way, yet again, internet at work has slowed to a crawl. This happens at least once a week and usually lasts 4-6 hours. I honestly don't know how the IT folks still have jobs with this consistently being a problem.

Closed Thread