HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burish, Bickell in, Fraser & Eager out

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2010, 11:40 AM
  #26
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If Burish has you guys all riled up before he's even stepped on the ice, he's obviously doing his job pretty well.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
  #27
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,351
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Larmer View Post
haha, I can't believe Pred's fans are taking Burish this seriously. They guy is a goofball with the media and says whatever pops into his head. Relax.
yeah, sure... Im sure you'd just blow it off if Tootoo said he wanted to take out Niemi

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:45 AM
  #28
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,351
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
If Burish has you guys all riled up before he's even stepped on the ice, he's obviously doing his job pretty well.
well, its one thing to rile me, Im easy to get fired up. its another to rile the opposition. if they know burish is a buffoon Im sure they just chuckled about it and went on. Guess we'll find out when the hits start getting dished out tonight

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:47 AM
  #29
Brad Gardner
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Ok, this is Paul McCanns blog, quoting Rick Morrissey, supposedly quoting Burish
Let's read the article. Morrissey conveniently pulls the most incendiary part out of Burish's quote and Morrissey is the one that specifically puts Rinne on call. It's a throwaway quote (at the end of the piece, no less) in a throwaway article. Nothing to get worked up about in my opinion.. but of course the two sides will read that differently. It's naive to think that those kinds of things aren't being said all the time, both publicly and privately, but the fact that he suggested running the goalie instead of a skater allows people to throw their hands in the air and alert the authorities.

McCann helps blow the issue up a little by introducing the quote as what he believes, "... is the best hint to Chicago’s strategy tonight..." It doesn't take that Burish quote to know the Hawks want to be more physical after game 3 - it was just a convenient example that also happened to infer the 'Hawks are classless and desperate.

And completely agree with the initial responses.. I'm not sure what you expected bringing this to the Hawks board the way you did.

Brad Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
  #30
Blackwater13*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 1,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ooh I guess you showed me. point being that if a player states an intent to injure another player, and then carries that out, he deserves whatever retribution he gets.

get over yourself, and defend your players thuggish comments if you can instead of playing semantics with me...
Show me where he states an intent to injure another player? Running a goalie is simply running into him. Happens all the time.


Last edited by Blackwater13*: 04-22-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Blackwater13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
  #31
ffwrx
Don't Blink!
 
ffwrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greenbrier, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
If Burish has you guys all riled up before he's even stepped on the ice, he's obviously doing his job pretty well.
LOL. That is what I am thinking. When I first read it I thought it was just a comment to mess with people.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:28 PM
  #32
BlackHawkeye*
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Iowa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,639
vCash: 500

BlackHawkeye* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:52 PM
  #33
Steve Larmer
Registered User
 
Steve Larmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,629
vCash: 500
hahaha. nice posts today, blackhawkeye

Steve Larmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
  #34
stingo
Registered User
 
stingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,318
vCash: 50
I hope Burish does something stupid.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 01:18 PM
  #35
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 16,787
vCash: 500
You have to know Burish to understand his attitude towards things. He has the right idea, we need to be more physical.

This is the radio interview from ESPN 1000 from Burish after Canada won the gold,

""I told [Sharp] I look at Canada as kind of like America's little sister," Burish said. "And so the Americans kind of messed with them a little bit, like, 'Hey Canada, we're going to take your hockey, this little toy away from you.'

"We took them to overtime, we scared our little sister enough, just so she knows now if we want to come and take hockey from you, we'll come and take it from you, if you're not careful. So we took them to overtime, scared them and gave them their toy back."

"Because at the end of the day, what does Canada have to be excited about? Hockey and beer, that's probably it," Burish said. "At the end of the day, it's the generous Americans again that take care of their little sister and say, 'You've got good beer, you got good hockey, we'll just leave you alone and let you have it.'

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 01:31 PM
  #36
Ben Eager
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You have to know Burish to understand his attitude towards things. He has the right idea, we need to be more physical.

This is the radio interview from ESPN 1000 from Burish after Canada won the gold,

""I told [Sharp] I look at Canada as kind of like America's little sister," Burish said. "And so the Americans kind of messed with them a little bit, like, 'Hey Canada, we're going to take your hockey, this little toy away from you.'

"We took them to overtime, we scared our little sister enough, just so she knows now if we want to come and take hockey from you, we'll come and take it from you, if you're not careful. So we took them to overtime, scared them and gave them their toy back."

"Because at the end of the day, what does Canada have to be excited about? Hockey and beer, that's probably it," Burish said. "At the end of the day, it's the generous Americans again that take care of their little sister and say, 'You've got good beer, you got good hockey, we'll just leave you alone and let you have it.'
What more do you need? I should move to Canada.

Ben Eager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 02:08 PM
  #37
enforcersrule
Registered User
 
enforcersrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
I see no where in that quote saying he has "intent to injure"... overreact a little more? Getting into the mind of a goaltender can be a beautiful thing, though. See 2009 Playoffs: Byfuglien and Luongo


Hawks better come out firing tonight...

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
  #38
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Hey, hopefully Burish's comments just fire the Preds up even more. Otherwise, who cares what he said. Just someone chirping and trying to get in Rinne's head. Here's to a good (and injury free) game tonight!

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:29 PM
  #39
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 16,351
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gardner View Post
Let's read the article. Morrissey conveniently pulls the most incendiary part out of Burish's quote and Morrissey is the one that specifically puts Rinne on call. It's a throwaway quote (at the end of the piece, no less) in a throwaway article. Nothing to get worked up about in my opinion.. but of course the two sides will read that differently. It's naive to think that those kinds of things aren't being said all the time, both publicly and privately, but the fact that he suggested running the goalie instead of a skater allows people to throw their hands in the air and alert the authorities.

McCann helps blow the issue up a little by introducing the quote as what he believes, "... is the best hint to Chicago’s strategy tonight..." It doesn't take that Burish quote to know the Hawks want to be more physical after game 3 - it was just a convenient example that also happened to infer the 'Hawks are classless and desperate.

And completely agree with the initial responses.. I'm not sure what you expected bringing this to the Hawks board the way you did.

um, you guys are a little bit tight, which I suppose is understandible

I expected exactly what I got... which was a little bit of time killing chirping with the oppositions message board denziens... its all for laughs... just wanted to throw this out there to stir the pot a little.... I didnt expect any serious replies any more than i expect Rinne to be worrying about Burish...



Im getting ready to drive to nashville... 100 miles each way for me so i hope its worth it... the drives back are so much better after a win...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:30 PM
  #40
theaub
Lets go Hawks!
 
theaub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the drives back are so much better after a win...
That's a shame

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:55 PM
  #41
DisgruntledHawkFan
Moderator
 
DisgruntledHawkFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 26,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
ooh I guess you showed me. point being that if a player states an intent to injure another player, and then carries that out, he deserves whatever retribution he gets.

get over yourself, and defend your players thuggish comments if you can instead of playing semantics with me...
I don't think you know what semantics are. You called out a player as being disgraceful for potentially acting goonish and then a sentence later hope that your team sinks to a lower level and potentially ends a players career.

And any team that pays Tootoo a regular salary can't complain about cheapshots.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 03:58 PM
  #42
AEM6729
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Larmer View Post
haha, I can't believe Pred's fans are taking Burish this seriously. They guy is a goofball with the media and says whatever pops into his head. Relax.
I dunno about the rest of our fans but I'm not taking it that seriously. Burish can bring it (since the rest of the Hawks forgot to...ohhh burn!). I can't speak for everyone but personally, I'm just messing with you guys.

And like I said, a little playoff hate never hurt anything. This series has been pretty boring as far as the bad blood goes, maybe Burish can stir something up. I'm having a hard time hating you guys as much as the Wings and Sharks, and it's always more fun to beat you if I hate you.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2010, 06:57 PM
  #43
enforcersrule
Registered User
 
enforcersrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 1,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I dunno about the rest of our fans but I'm not taking it that seriously. Burish can bring it (since the rest of the Hawks forgot to...ohhh burn!). I can't speak for everyone but personally, I'm just messing with you guys.
Okay... I have to admit I got a pretty good chuckle out of that...

enforcersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.