HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

PO #5: Flyers @ Devils - April 22, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
sectachrome

vCash: 500
http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2010/04/...ere-postgame-1

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nhl/2010/04/...ere-postgame-2

sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Ian Laperriere makes Jason Smith look like Crosby.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
sectachrome

Gotta be pretty damn scary to take a puck to the face and think you might have been blinded or not even know if youre eye is still there.

sectachrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

To be honest i did not expected that to happen at all

Vancouver_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
The Devils do have the worst fans in the North in terms of the amount that show up for games. Ask any of the reporters... it's quiet as a church there half the time. On TV you could audibly hear Boosh chants that were far louder than anything the Devils fans were doing. They just aren't a large or active fanbase. The majority of people who live in Jersey are Rangers or Flyers fans and always will be. Having an arena in Newark isn't exactly helping their cause either.
Your completely wrong dude. Not trying to troll at all. I was there for Game 2 and it was really loud and it was packed. During the regular season, you have a point. As for the Boosh chants, they were pretty loud but what would you expect from a crowd that is watching their team play some of the worst hockey ever. Of course it's going to be quiet. Our fans are really disappointed in our team right now.

I posted this in the main board too, just wanted to congratulate your team.

The Flyers are playing some of the best hockey I've seen them play. They deserved to win this series and I will never say otherwise as much as it hurts right now.

To be honest, I've never felt any hatred towards the Flyers this whole series. I was more pissed off at the Devils for playing such terrible hockey. I actually like Carter, Briere, Carcillo, Lappy, and Boucher. Boosh definitely deserves a lot of the credit. He stood tall when everyone counted him out.

Congrats to the Flyers and all their fans.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:23 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectachrome View Post
Gotta be pretty damn scary to take a puck to the face and think you might have been blinded or not even know if youre eye is still there.
Did you ever see how Barry Ashbee's career ended? 1974 playoffs...

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:34 AM
mypunkrock

I just want to bring up something that I don't think should be lost on all of us given the Lappy situation.

For all of the guff that we give him, Braydon Coburn went down tonight to block a shot with ten seconds left. Don't forget, Coburn was on the receiving end of a puck to the face two years ago, and it has definitely messed with him since. But to do that, given both his history and the outcome of the game squarely in hand, he deserves a heavy dose of kudos.

That is a respectable thing to do.

Regards,
Rick

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB30104 View Post
Your completely wrong dude. Not trying to troll at all. I was there for Game 2 and it was really loud and it was packed. During the regular season, you have a point. As for the Boosh chants, they were pretty loud but what would you expect from a crowd that is watching their team play some of the worst hockey ever. Of course it's going to be quiet. Our fans are really disappointed in our team right now.

The Flyers are playing some of the best hockey I've seen them play. They deserved to win this series and I will never say otherwise as much as it hurts right now.

To be honest, I've never felt any hatred towards the Flyers this whole series. I was more pissed off at the Devils for playing such terrible hockey. I actually like Carter, Briere, Carcillo, Lappy, and Boucher. Boosh definitely deserves a lot of the credit. He stood tall when everyone counted him out.

Thanks for not trolling.... good post. TBH, I've never seen us play you guys so well. Not even sure why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
I just want to bring up something that I don't think should be lost on all of us given the Lappy situation.

For all of the guff that we give him, Braydon Coburn went down tonight to block a shot with ten seconds left. Don't forget, Coburn was on the receiving end of a puck to the face two years ago, and it has definitely messed with him since. But to do that, given both his history and the outcome of the game squarely in hand, he deserves a heavy dose of kudos.

Regards,
Rick
I thought something similar.... as soon as the puck dropped again after Lappy got hurt, both Timonen and Betts went down again to block a shot (the same shot, they both went down). They just saw what happened to him, and neither hesitated. This whole team showed that heart and determination, and it's no coincidence we won.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:40 AM
nosnhoj

Quote:

Regards,
Rick
Agreed. The entire team was giving up their bodies all series long, which definitely will take you far in the playoffs. It's great to see the Flyers finally put it together after a season full of frustration.

nosnhoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Did you ever see how Barry Ashbee's career ended? 1974 playoffs...

that was just gruesome.I was 8 years old when that happened. the ref getting interviewed on the ice. That was something.
I just saw the video of Laperriere getting hit and it reminded me more of when Roenick got hit in the face with a slapshot. The blood just pouring out of Laperriere face. Of course I didnt see it live, and I could see how anyone who saw it live had to fear the worst with a potential devestating eye injury.
If there is a tougher player in the NHL then Laperriere I want to know who it is.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 12:48 AM
2Claude2Giroux

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:12 AM
Flyers_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
comparing Claude Giroux to Peter Forsberg is unfair to both players.
Sure, one is a HOF'er, the other has two feet...

Any comparisons made between them this early in Giroux's career should be on a strictly facial hair basis.

Flyers_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:16 AM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Wooooooo

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:31 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB30104 View Post

Dude, go to the Rock and then go to Philly or NYC. No comparison.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:38 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:

Regards,
Rick
I'm an unabashed Coburn fan, and so stoked to see his game pick up over the last few weeks and into the playoffs. Braydon realizing his potential is better for the team than trading him away IMO and if he keeps it together, I hope he'll be a Flyer for a long time.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 02:57 AM
Amateur Hour

This is easily the most satisfying win I can remember over the past two years. For this team to respond like it did tonight, to absolutely finish off a team -- in their own house -- that thought it had a glimmer of hope because Carter and Gagne got injured, is a beautiful thing to see. Killer instinct is something that a lot of teams lack. And how about the heart this team displays? I can't help but think this has A LOT to do with the coaching job Laviolette is doing. But we all know coaching is overrated, right?

Here's to hoping Giroux seizes the opportunity the Carter injury has given him and steps up to become our second impact offensive player. We all know the kid has the talent and plays his best this time of year... it's just time for him to do it over a consistent stretch now. He was flat out awesome tonight, just like in Game 2.

Nice to see Briere contributing, too. He's always been a playoff performer. Now we just need Hartnell to get going...

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 03:21 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

So, I couldn't stand the suspense at work earlier tonight and saw the final score before coming home to watch the game. Just started watching a bit ago. Funny how the little mistakes that always make me scream at the tv don't seem to bother me as much when I know the Flyers win.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 03:25 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
I'm an unabashed Coburn fan, and so stoked to see his game pick up over the last few weeks and into the playoffs. Braydon realizing his potential is better for the team than trading him away IMO and if he keeps it together, I hope he'll be a Flyer for a long time.
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Been a fan of Coburn since his days here in Portland. I was so stoked when the Flyers stole him from Atlanta. He's been pretty solid as of late. Nice to see since he was fairly putrid at points this season.

Old
04-23-2010, 05:51 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Just got done watching the game. Was that a "what can you do?" from Brodeur when he shakes Boucher's hand?

I am absolutely stunned at this game. I can't believe how little the Debbies seemed to care. Even Marty looked like he had lost interest at the end. Tough to say how we look when we play a team that seemed to not give a rat's ass. Still... **** the haters... GO FLYERS!!!

Old
04-23-2010, 06:31 AM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 View Post
I'm not the biggest Flyers fan in the world... But gawd, do I ever hate the Devils. Good job, guys!

Good luck in the next round.

No fair.....I a Flyers fan and a big Canucks fan!!!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I just want to give a big shout to le hobbit. He gets so much **** on these boards, and 90% of it is unwarrented. But you all love him come play-off time.

Remember that save he made to keep the game at 1-1. If we should ever happen to win the cup, that save could make a very very big difference

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 06:41 AM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Think about this. Look at Lappy's face... there's no way in hell his kids look worse than he does!

not unless puck rubber alters your DNA!!!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 07:07 AM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm proud of myself because I'm one of the 2.33% of people that correctly predicted Flyers in 5.
Same.

CptCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 07:13 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I don't know if anyone heard the interview with Lappy, but I heard it on XM this morning.

They said broken nose and 60-70 stitches over his right eye. When he came in he ask Jim McCrossin if his eye was still there, and Jimmy said yes. He then got vision back. He also said that he's going to be wearing a visor from now on because he doesn't want to lose his vision and "wants to see his kids grow up with both eyes."

I swear, the more I watch him play, the more I'm proud to be a Flyers fan.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I don't know if anyone heard the interview with Lappy, but I heard it on XM this morning.

They said broken nose and 60-70 stitches over his right eye. When he came in he ask Jim McCrossin if his eye was still there, and Jimmy said yes. He then got vision back. He also said that he's going to be wearing a visor from now on because he doesn't want to lose his vision and "wants to see his kids grow up with both eyes."

I swear, the more I watch him play, the more I'm proud to be a Flyers fan.
dude, have you read anything at all on these boards?

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote