HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fisted by the Officials

Old
04-21-2010, 10:00 PM
OpethianSabre20

vCash: 500
The Good:
-Miller was ****ing awesome
-Kennedy, Ennis, and McCormick
-Myers, Tallinder, Montador, Lydman in regulation

The Bad:
-None

The Ugly:
-The officiating, nuff said.
-Roy, Connolly, Pominville. ****ing score a ****ing goal like you're paid to do!
-Drew Stafford is a waste of space and an abomination. Go **** away on your guitar *******.
-Miller coming out way too far on the GWG
-Grier not covering Satan
-The PP
-Down 3-1

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Johnnyduke

No more of a joke than what Boston had to deal with in game one. Thems the breaks. Sabres had chances to win with the OT PP and hit the post, etc.

Johnnyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

i miss the new nhl.

ImpressedDAHagent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
No more of a joke than what Boston had to deal with in game one. Thems the breaks. Sabres had chances to win with the OT PP and hit the post, etc.
Heh. And we've heard nothing but btching about it since. Thanks for stopping by.

04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
you have to be kidding???? buffalo had the PP in the 1st overtime.... Then they had 7 guys on the ice... how is that not called??
So while the NESN guys SAID that there were 7 guys on the ice, they never actually put the teleprompter up the way they usually do and circle them. Certainly they had time to do that, so I'm guessing they were just embellishing. That's why we hate NESN coverage.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:02 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

torres sucks. that is clear to me.

Old
04-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macksayev View Post
who cares we ****ing lost. miller came way the **** out and we lost the game.
I was thinking during the game, that Miller was coming out a bit too much. I know its huge to cut down angles and all that. BUT, when you go down for the shot, and your dman blcoks the initial shot and it shoots off on an angle the Bruins are going to have a wide open net.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

I'm getting tired of seeing Lindy at the bench with his arms folded and no expression on his face. It's either that or he's looking up at the scoreboard.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
"I bury those cockroaches!"

-- Tony Montana

slip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
Kennedy's penalty should have been evened up.. RIvet's penalty was BS. But so wasnt Lucics. Kalleta's penalty was well deserved. McCormick should not have gotten a goalie interference, but neither should have sobotka in the previous game. Miller stood on his head tonight and showed why he will win vezina.
Really??? You don't actually believe that, do you?

However, we are not the better team without Hecht and Vanek, and the only reason we had a chance is because Miller gave us one.

stokes84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I'm getting tired of seeing Lindy at the bench with his arms folded and no expression on his face. It's either that or he's looking up at the scoreboard.
My friend had that look -- right before his marriage fell apart.

A sign?

slip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placek View Post
So while the NESN guys SAID that there were 7 guys on the ice, they never actually put the teleprompter up the way they usually do and circle them. Certainly they had time to do that, so I'm guessing they were just embellishing. That's why we hate NESN coverage.
Buffalo had a replay up, one of the guys fell next to the bench and jumped back on. I'm digging Cherry's little "box" idea more and more... if you're outside it, it's a penalty. This other stuff is a little too subjective for guys who are so clearly incompetitent.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moskau

I'd rather watch the Toronto Maple Leafs face the Bruins than us at this point. Toronto would put up a better fight that's for sure.

I hate to be in the I told you so crowd but I told you so. For those of you who said the 50+ games this year where the Sabres could barely manage to even show up to the arena didn't matter because it was the regular season, it did matter. Old habits are hard to shake.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:07 PM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Buffalo had a replay up, one of the guys fell next to the bench and jumped back on. I'm digging Cherry's little "box" idea more and more... if you're outside it, it's a penalty. This other stuff is a little too subjective for guys who are so clearly incompetitent.
I've been in favor of this forever.

I firmly believe that the more leeway you give the officials for subjectivity, the more likely they are to completely **** it up.

Study hard. Be evil.
bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
"Irate Lindy Ruff just stormed out of press conference. "we didn't blow it". Compared Kaleta hit on Lucic (penalty) to Recchi/Kennedy (none)"

per Jeff Marek's twitter

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclubber25 View Post
is it ok for people who said this **** was coming ALL YEAR to finally be left alone by the "dont stop believers" when we express our disgust for this piece of **** team?

for those of us who were vocal all year about how this teams **** efforts in certain aspects of the game all year were going to come back to bite them in the ass in the playoffs - we can finally say i told you so.

**** off anyone who wants to throw this "youre a bad fan" crap at us. we obviously care, which is why we are so disgusted by this teams inability to recognize their own faults.

starts at the top and goes all the way down the line. this team is an absolute joke and i think its time we all accept it. the boston bruins deserve this series. the sabres dont even deserve to be in it.
What was coming all year?

Our best PKer and top ES forward, especially defensively, getting hurt. Do you have any clue at all about the importance of certain players?

Do you think not having our best Pker had something do with the PP goals we have given up? Or not having or vet top defensive forward has impacted our ability to hold the leads we have blown?

What I ahve been reading on these boards has shown me one thing. Many of you have absolutely no clue how important Hecht is to this team. But you're quick with nonsense suggestions on how to replace him.

If you want to talk about what some said was coming. How about myself and others pointing out that losing Hecht would be a huge blow to this team. You among others disagreed. Guess what you were ****ing wrong. No Hecht has been killing this team in key situations.

Then throw in the loss of Vanek (who was playing well before getting injured) and this team is struggling to find chemistry and offense up front.

You may care but you have no clue.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

If you want to find an excuse, you will always be able to. It is the way of the world.

If Buffalo has a legit beef with the officiating, I hope they take it up with the league. You might find yourself some unexpected allies -- after the fact that Savard got clocked on the head so hard he spun 360 degrees before the hit the ice AND NOTHING WAS DONE BY THE LEAGUE TO PENALIZE THE OFFENDING PLAYER EITHER AT THE TIME OR AFTERWARD, you won't have too much difficulty convincing the Bruins fans that the officiating has been danged horrible for awhile now, and there isn't a lot that has been done about it.

This league needs to get its officiating ducks in a row. I agree on that 100%. Using it as an excuse why the Sabres lost this game... eh, not so much.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:09 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
"Irate Lindy Ruff just stormed out of press conference. "we didn't blow it". Compared Kaleta hit on Lucic (penalty) to Recchi/Kennedy (none)"

per Jeff Marek's twitter
wow good comparison. the nhl is garbage

Old
vcv
Deal with it

I'm with JJ.

With Vanek OR Hecht in, we are not down 3-1 in the series.

Two most important forwards gone.

Old
barcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
If you want to find an excuse, you will always be able to. It is the way of the world.

If Buffalo has a legit beef with the officiating, I hope they take it up with the league. You might find yourself some unexpected allies -- after the fact that Savard got clocked on the head so hard he spun 360 degrees before the hit the ice AND NOTHING WAS DONE BY THE LEAGUE TO PENALIZE THE OFFENDING PLAYER EITHER AT THE TIME OR AFTERWARD, you won't have too much difficulty convincing the Bruins fans that the officiating has been danged horrible for awhile now, and there isn't a lot that has been done about it.

This league needs to get its officiating ducks in a row. I agree on that 100%. Using it as an excuse why the Sabres lost this game... eh, not so much.
I wish I had a little Savard counter embedded into my browser. Enough, that has nothing to do with this series.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Good:
- Miller and Rask were both amazing. Just a real treat to watch.
- I really, really missed playoff OT these last few years. It's so ****ing magnificent. Haven't been that nervous watching a game in 3 years. Sucks we had to lose.
- Montador has really gotten his act together lately. He's all over the place.
- Ennis is going to be ****ing ridiculous. Best hands on the team already, and he's got great speed and mobility. He'll out-Briere Briere, IMO.
- Good effort by Rivet going with Lucic,

Bad:
- but he should have done a little more than have a hugging match. Otherwise, why bother?
- 2nd Bruins goal was one I'm sure Miller would like to have back. Tough break for him, and for us.
- I wish I was surprised by this team's complete suckage when it matters. ****ing mental midgets.
- You build a team around guys like Roy, Connolly, and Pominville, and this is what you're going to get when it matters. It really sucks that such obviously flawed players get put in such key positions on this team, and absolutely nothing is done to address those flaws. When any of our forwards go down, we only have midgets stockpiled to replace them. Talented or not, we have way too many sub-six-foot tall kids on this team.
- Young guys completely outclassing the vets at forward. Kennedy and Ennis, especially, were flying around, even playing the body quite a bit even when they were clearly outmatched. I guess that could be considered a good too.
- Still seeing Drew Stafford in a Sabres jersey. **** you Darcy for not moving him by now, and **** you Lindy for playing him.

Ugly:
- NHL reffing. My. ****ing. God. Is a little consistency too much to ask for? Christ. Screw steroids in baseball, I want god damn congressional hearings on sports officiating. Either get this **** right and have it publicly audited, or lose your monopoly privileges/position, you ****ing *****.
- A ****ing bench minor in the 2nd OT of a god damn playoff game? GTFO.
- Down 3-1 in the series, we ain't coming back. FORE!
- Milan's mamma.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:10 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post

Your comparison is poor.

The hit on Savard was legal at the time and rightly not called.

Old
04-21-2010, 10:11 PM
fightclubber25

anyone who says miller played great is forgetting how he gave up the tying goal and his asinine olympic silver medal winning "aggressiveness" that cost us the OT winner.

sure he made a few flashy saves.. but hes as much to blame as anyone - and thats coming from a huge miller supporter.

hockey is supposed to be fun to watch.. the sabres make it a forgettable experience.

fightclubber25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post

per Jeff Marek's twitter
He ought to be pissed. At least Lucic had the puck.

Good -

- Miller of course was excellent
- McCormick with a lot of energy and some early tone setting
- Ennis was much better tonight
- Myers defensively was pretty solid
- Monty-Lydman again the best pair

The Bad -

- Penalty killing
- Pominville has to show the hell up
- McCormick on the Bergeron goal.
- Tallinder was again losing puck battles along the wall. It's frustrating to watch.
- Jesus Rivet is slow

The Ugly -

- Outside of the officiating....
- ...losing a game they had such a territorial edge in for so long is going to be the biggest test they've faced. With their mental midget-hood, I expect them to fold up and we'll be done on Friday.
- Pominville has to show the hell up.
- Connolly most of the night was invisible. He has one play and hits the post...
- The thought of losing Lydman this summer as well as Tallinder and having to see Sekera and Butler "grow". Not looking forward to it.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I hate to be in the I told you so crowd but I told you so. For those of you who said the 50+ games this year where the Sabres could barely manage to even show up to the arena didn't matter because it was the regular season, it did matter. Old habits are hard to shake.
So I also didn't have much faith in this team in the post-season, but you have to admit, the way they've been giving up third period leads has regressed to the 08/09 sabres. I expected them to have a tough time scoring, not them pissing leads away.

To be honest, they played really well tonight and this game could have gone either way. However, Boston's special teams have been better, they are killing all the penalties and they are scoring on their PP.

When we look back on this series objectively, we'll see that the Bruins did all the right things to be in the position they are in, and Buffalo hasn't done enough.

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote